Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

10440's won't fit!

10440's are MUCH MUCH safer with the protection circuit intact. It's easy to overdischarge these stupid things.

and don't buy cr123 at the store, get them online. walgreens: $15 for a single. Internet: 13 for $15.

What about the rechargables?

they don't sell rechargeable cr123's at walgreens. I don't think I've actually seen any lithium cells for sale at a store...

You can buy 16340 cells, which are lithium ion cells shaped like lithium primary cr123 cells. However, these are still lithium ion, so they charge up to 4.2V and are empty at ~2.7V. I believe Soshine is advertising some 3V 16340's, just li-ion with diodes built-in to drop the extra voltage. Some keywords to look up are 16340 and rcr123.

As for the 10440's not fitting, the cell's dimensions should be 10440. However, protection circuit adds a few more mm's. If the diameter is too big, all you can do is rebore your host or rewrap the cell. If you rewrap the cell, you must make sure that the wrap goes over both ends to avoid shorts.