Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

10440 Li-ion batteries.

Good evening,

I've been looking for good-quality 10440 batteries, but after googling around a bit all I've managed to find are the Ultrafire and Trustfire brands. I was hoping to find something better, but that's all I'm finding at this point. I did search the forum, but all of the threads pertaining to 10440's are old, so much so that protected 10440's were uncommon; they are more common now. So, the questions on my mind are:

1) Are there any better brands of 10440's out there? How do Ultrafire and Trustfire brands hold up when discharging at no more than 200mA and charging at no more than 250mA?

2) The only charger I have that will fit these (without jerry-rigging of some sort) delivers a 1-amp charge current, well in excess of 1C such small cells. I'm guessing trying that will turn the 10440 into an M-80. Am I better off using an AAA holder and alligator clips, and rigging that to my 250mA charger?

3) Has anyone ever wrecked a unit or otherwise had trouble when subbing 10440's for primary AAA's, specifically Energizer Ultimate Lithium primaries?

All advice is appreciated, thank you for your time!

I've been leaning towards the Trustfire protected 600mAh cells at this point, but I guess any stated capacity over 350mAh should be taken with a grain of salt? That's fine I guess. Is the protection useful, or will the laser dim out (particularly DPSS greens, and/or if using a boost driver) before the cell reaches its low voltage damage threshold?

if your device wants ~3 VDC you can use one 14400 and a dummy spacer to complete the circuit. Lighthound is a good choice. you may need to buy a regular charger for 3.7vdc li-ions any other type chargers may be a bad idea.

I miss a lot about Ohio but Athens was always one of my favorite cities--good times.

len ( from canton)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I've just ordered 2 AW 10440's ($4.99ea.) from Lighthound. Thanks Hak. :beer:
They also have Ultrafire's ($3.99ea.). Both are unprotected.

You definitely want to charge them properly; no need for fireworks in the house!

I wish I knew of the CPF discount before ordering!