Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

102mW Green Laser Pointer for Sale

After my previous mistake, I have purchased this laser, and checked output before posting it on lpf,
here is a picture of lpm results
3waZf.png

3waZf.png

I dont really have a price, will take offers, however I am interested in a high powered 405 or 638-650nm build, since 450nm is getting boring and 532nm is not affordable in high power for me.

Pman

Honestly think it would be better if you added more pics of the whole thing and more info or at least a link to where it was purchased or it's difficult for someone to come up with a reasonable offer. The host looks decent from what I can see so far:)

tonyt

Never thought I would live to see the day where 3W+ blue was "getting boring" lol.

But i sort of know what you mean.. :yh:

Good luck with the sale!

yea.full pic of host.maybe pic of shot across a dark room.show that sexy thing off.

Very sorry, the double picture was a mistake, it was supose to be another picture, here are some pictures:
3wSpj.png

3wSqT.png

3wSsj.png

this last picture was taken after making stirfry in the house, so there was some smoke, it is not this bright normally of course, since its 102mW

Last edited:
How stable is the output? And about how much are you looking to get for this?

Last edited:
I don't know how to check how stable the output us if you can tell me I can do it and let you know of the results and ad for price I not really know I am more interested in a trade since there is a lot of good stuff here on lpf but as for cash I can take an offer, I don't have too much experience to decide yet

Pman

He's basically just asking how much the output fluctuate on your meter. Does it stay at 102 or go up and down or slowly drop over a minute or so. Does it seem to jump up and down all of a sudden in output as if you were making it switch into a hi or low mode like lots of flashlights have. Assuming it takes one 18650 battery...

I don't have any laser in a host like that so I find it interesting even at such a low power. You could check for how much IR (infrared) by doing that same power measurement and sticking your safety glasses between the beam and the LPM which can show the big difference between a higher quality 532nm and a cheap one. Just need to know what number you get with the goggles in place. Lower is better;)

He's basically just asking how much the output fluctuate on your meter. Does it stay at 102 or go up and down or slowly drop over a minute or so. Does it seem to jump up and down all of a sudden in output as if you were making it switch into a hi or low mode like lots of flashlights have. Assuming it takes one 18650 battery...

I don't have any laser in a host like that so I find it interesting even at such a low power. You could check for how much IR (infrared) by doing that same power measurement and sticking your safety glasses between the beam and the LPM which can show the big difference between a higher quality 532nm and a cheap one. Just need to know what number you get with the goggles in place. Lower is better;)

I just tried that but it started burning the glasses, I dont know if the laser is bad quality or the glasses now

why are you pointing it at the glasses? you just turn it on and leave it on the LPM sensor. watch the output and see if it stays the same or fluctuates a bunch. IR is hard to tell without a IR filter since its risky to burn the glasses (BTW the laser should be unfocused when testing for IR and LPMing so you dont burn either)

someone told me to point it at the sensor through the safety glasses to measure IR, and so I did, but the laser was unfocussed, also where can I get an IR filter and is it costly?

Pman

I told him.
Sorry, should have given a bit more instructions on the IR test. My bad for not being very specific on moving the glasses and unfocusing the beam. Stupid of me to assume he would know this. I was writing and editing my "share your inexpensive builds thread" at the time in another window.
Didn't expect him to buy an IR filter and this to drag on for a long time. I do have an IR filter and multiple pair of good glasses and have found the results between the 2 to be about the same.
The glasses are just a "quick and dirty way" to check if you don't have an IR filter but who knows what kind of glasses he has.

Last edited: