Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

100Watt 808nm on Ebay

K

kingzilla

It says that it could be used to make a 30W green! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Just turn that beast on and eyeballs will explode! :D

I wonder how much blue it could make?

That's a bit pricey for an eBay deal. You could probably do a few hundred better with some careful searching/watching.

Speaking of beam specs though, remember that this is a diode ARRAY, not a diode. Basically, its a bunch of laser beams side by side, not a single one. Divergence out of each diode is on the order of 10+ degrees, not mRads, so collimation/focusing is necessary for pumping or pretty much anything, and collimating separate diodes is a pain in the butt!

If you're just looking for cheap burning power though, it combined with a large lens could be pretty insane. I think I have a >20W of those somewhere around here.

I wouldn't listen to the 30W green claim though. It may be possible, but 10W is a much more realistic estimate.

And remember, the water cooling isn't for decoration! Its a must even if you're just lasing for a few seconds at a time.

S

SenKat

Yeah - that one keeps on resurfacing...

That ebay seller bought that array from the same seller I bought mine from, he paid $250 for it, like I did, and is reselling it for oooodles more, but with more hyped up claims added to it ! Almost everything they sell is VERY high priced - be cautious with this one, you do nto know how many times it has been sold, and re-sold !