Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

100mw Violet or 200mw Red (same price)?

Ok, I've just about saved up almost enough money to buy myself my first high powered laser, which I plan to order then when it arrives will be kept somewhere safe until I can get some eye protection (I fully understand eye protection so I don't need a lecture!) but I don't know which to settle for:

100mw Violet Laser Pointer

200mw Red Laser Pointer

They're both from Lazerer because I have chosen that website and don't intednd to change as it has free shipping and GBP currency settings (I am in the UK).

But I don't know what's better. I know the red is more powerful, I've seen it light matches in videos, burn plastic e.t.c, but I don't think its visually as good as the violet one. Can a 100mw violet laser be seen (beam) in the dark? Which is better visibility wise and what one is worth my money?

TuhOz

Well, that red laser would be way more visible than that violet.
Also it would burn 2x better

You could see the beam of the violet laser, but not very well afaik.

But some people think that violet color is cooler than red...

Its up to you...

sinner

Violets are better, not much visible.. but a red one will be more entertaining i guess.

My vote is for the red.

More burning power, although in terms of visibility I would expect them to be about the same.

when adding smoke they are almost the same

~100mW 405 vs ~200 mW 650/60

LPKath

I like Violets better. Because I like violet :):) The red one is good as well. It's up to you.