Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

100mW green laser not up to the mark ......

hey guys ,
i just brought a green laser 100mW 532nm for about $32 in india
i just wanted to know that is it IR or not , it cannot burn a wooden match even from a distance of about 4cms , pls help , so i just wanted to know that is it really 100mW or not (this is my first laser purchase) , because i saw people on youtube burning wooden match from it , also its beam is NOT visible in daylight , pretty good in night
thanks for your help :)

Well whatever the sticker says, 98% of the time its not what
the real output is. At that price your probably looking at without knowing the model about 25mw which is bright at night but will not burn at all.WE need more information about what it looks like at least to really give much more than i have already said .

Last edited:
i just tried , and it cannot even poke a hole in a black plastic (thin) , is it bad ?

and yes i buyed it from a renowned website in india .
its model ------> JD-850 , it could not pop a balloon with a blqack dot on it ,pls help

Last edited:
Well sorry to say PranJal, but you got tricked. And no, it isn't bad that it can't poke a hole in plastic, but if I were you...

Get safety goggles, I bet IR is leaking from it like $ from a jackpot.

will my eyes be hurt if i use them (without direct contact) ?
if i point it to the sky will my eyes be hurt by the IR , and if i am to write a reason for its replacement what point must i use ?
thnx

Well whatever the sticker says, 98% of the time its not what
the real output is. At that price your probably looking at without knowing the model about 25mw which is bright at night but will not burn at all.WE need more information about what it looks like at least to really give much more than i have already said .

AndAlso Green Laser Pointer: Flipkart.com

lithium battery , laser is quite heavy , got a answer that IR could be leaking ,
it cannot pop a balloon , not even poke a hole in thin plastic .

With purchasing laser from places like that it all luck. I have an ebay 3 dollars laser that will light matches cut trash bags etc. The seller just wanted to make a buck advertising it as whatever mw would sell. Sorry

A JD 850 is a standard mass produced " laser" they output as i said 25 mW if your lucky 40 mW but it will not burn anything. Don't worry about the IR unless you pointing in your eyes ...IR spreads out ie leaks so if laser is putting out 25mW green maybe 15% I R 3 mW going by other lasers i have. Pointing it into space is totally safe at night to see the beam enjoy it for what it is a cheap 25mW laser which is plenty for looking at the beam at night.you need googles if you think you may reflect the beam back at your eyes ...must have a set of googles even a cheap set not an option even 25mW is very dangerous.

Last edited:
Well that's what the forums about helping people out ( and having some fun along the way as well) . I said nothing that hasn't been said many times before ..except maybe about that model laser ...enjoy stay eye safe ..

how is JD-881 compared to JD-850 . ?
because the box in which my laser came model JD-881 is drawn and written and inside came JD-850 . the box was NOT sealed
i observed it today , please help
thanks.........

How can we help you if you bought something already ???
Hey i bought a ipod , it came from china but it has no headphones please help...

i am getting it replaced , will you please help and not show off ? please ......
if you want to help help please dont make that such of a comment.
i dont want your help "weeba2kv"
if anyone understands please help
thanks

how is JD-881 compared to JD-850 . ?
because the box in which my laser came model JD-881 is drawn and written and inside came JD-850 . the box was NOT sealed
i observed it today , please help
thanks.........
A JD 881 i believe is the same as a JD 850 but with a basic focus( i may be mistaken) ,I'm sure i saw one on eBay around the time i got my JD 850 except mine puts out 75 mW which is enough just to light a black match not a red match if you keep the laser very still pointed at the match.

Last edited: