Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

100mW bluray pen - a gift for Bill!

Hiya folks, I am making this thread only to show billg519 the laser I promised him long time ago, but you all are free to take a peak :p

2X AAA alkalines, 0.21 A current draw, boost convert LM3410X inside, PHR diode set to 100mA, plastic lens, host is the one that Jayrob sells, I warmly reccomend it - it's pure awsomeness.

Pics

DSC00896.jpg

DSC00895.jpg

DSC00894.jpg

I as holding the laser from rolling off, not pointing to it :na:

And a little video demonstration. Enjoy folks! Bill, you especially, once it arrives!

WOOT! WOOT!

Peace,
dave
What ?

I promised him a laser long ago. He is such a kind person, he deserves a lot more. I am only sorry that I will not be able to compensate him further .I am buying some stuff of him, and I will present him with this laser.

Perhaps you haven't seen my thread I made long ago, Dave?

Some folks could have forgot what he did for me. I will definetly not.

daguin

What ?

I promised him a laser long ago. He is such a kind person, he deserves a lot more. I am only sorry that I will not be able to compensate him further .I am buying some stuff of him, and I will present him with this laser.

Perhaps you haven't seen my thread I made long ago, Dave?

Some folks could have forgot what he did for me. I will definetly not.

Sorry. Language barrier again.

WOOT! WOOT! is an expression of applause, congratulations, and joy.

I am very excited about both the fact that you have completed a build AND that you are generously sharing it with another member

Peace,
dave

Sorry. Language barrier again.

WOOT! WOOT! is an expression of applause, congratulations, and joy.

I am very excited about both the fact that you have completed a build AND that you are generously sharing it with another member

Peace,
dave
Ah, right, I though that "woot" is like, quick suprised verbalisation of word "what", so basically... Yeah, I was wrong :D

Thanks!

From ~:30 - :38

Peace,
dave
Ohhh ... :D
Could have said so right away, All this time I though that "woot" means "what" :crackup:

Thanks Dave!

I am assembling the driver for your 6x diode as we speak.

Damn, I'm afraid to open the thing.

Well, we'll get to that eventually.

Whoa, that's insane! :O
Noooo...

You think? :na:

Jerry once stated that I should build something with the parts he sent me, and give him that as a present.

So I did. Boost converter was assembled by me, but only the coil was mine on it, all components his, his Aixiz and his diode.

Host is a "leftover" of sort, long story, but I'd figured it would be a great final component for Bill's gift.

So here we are. As soon as I convince my self that the laser will survive shipping (read: use up couple of pairs of batteries using it), it's off to Bill.

In the meantime, I will glue a focus ring on top of the lens, it's the only thing that's missing right now to complete this beautiful bluray build.

I don't think Bill has a boost converter 2x AAA powered PHR build... yet.

Sweet! I remember reading those threads when you first posted them, Bill is really incredible

Nice laser! It's about time you finished it. It's been like three months since you promised Bill this laser. So did you measure it's power?

Ah, right, I though that "woot" is like, quick suprised verbalisation of word "what", so basically... Yeah, I was wrong :D

Thanks!

eh-hem..... mr. correct my spelling all the time. :crackup::crackup: tisk, tisk!!!

michael