Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

100mW 532nm CNI Portables

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to let you all know that I got a 10% discount set up at my company for portable 532nm lasers. We have 10 of the 100mW portables in stock. These systems are manufactured by CNI and are the PGL-III series of hand held. They carry a 6-month warranty against manufacturer defects (we administer the warranty). They meet FDA regulations for safety with a push button on/off with LED on indicator, remote interlock, key switch, beam shutter, and beam-on delay. The discount coupon is good for 50mW, 100mW, or 150mW. The nice thing about this series is that they use standard C-cell batteries.

We haven't normally stocked portable lasers in the past but we have had a few requests from labs for portable equipment for high and low angle coherent illumination so we've added them to the line. The 100mW ships immediately up to the first ten. Other powers will be back ordered but they still ship quite quickly (meaning you will get them within a couple of weeks).

http://store.oemlasersystems.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=28

Coupon Code: LPFORUMS07 (Enter at purchase and you will see the discount)

Until recently, my company only had an extranet for our current and prospective customers. We recently fielded a public sales site for DPSS systems as we were asked over and over where someone not in the industry might acquire such systems. Our site represents a few manufacturers although we have access to ten or so since we offer more than just DPSS systems. We are a distributor in the United States of DPSS, industrial YAG and CO2 systems, and we also do some custom work for a couple of universities. We've been in business since 2003.

Please feel free to provide feedback regarding these lasers. We've tested them and they check out fine but if you know something about them we'd like to hear it as portables are a pretty new product for us.

We only offer a few types of portables and they are not really marketed to the enthusiast like other sites I've seen, but I think you will like what we can do for you if you are looking for a complete and working system at a good price. I suppose the greatest advantage is that you are treated like a business when you purchase from OEM Laser Systems since we make no distinction between an individual and a business entity. You thus receive the kind of respect and support often lacking in the novelty laser sites. We are not here to cheat anyone like has happened based on some of the posts I have seen.

Admins and Mods please let me know if you have any questions.

Very nice Chimp! ;D I am thinking of getting the 50 mW one. How would you review this one. I mean can it light matches and such?

I would say 50mW is borderline. The beam is tight however being only 1.5mm in diameter. I've never used the 50mW so I can't say what the effects are with any certainty. I have one of the 100mW and you can see the beam, pop balloons, etc. Anyone give any insight into 50mW?

Benm

50 mW with a beam diameter of 1.5mm should be able to pop a (black or sharpied) balloon.

Thanks DA. I will be doing a video soon of a 100mW so people can get a feel for their capabilities.

I know it's sacrilege to mention lab lasers on this forum but although the discount applies only to the portable lasers, if anyone is interested in acquiring a lab type laser let me know and I'll see what I can do about providing a bit of a discount. This I would have to do manually.

aw crap, a 60W green Laser! Friggin stuff!

Anyways, what would you need a 60W green laser for? Why not use a 1064?

Systems of that size not only are used in industry but also in research. For example, I'm working with a researcher at Yale needing 532nm because the dye he uses is designed to fluoresce at that wavelength. Industrial processes sometimes use coatings that absorb 532nm making green lasers perfect. Of course 1064nm is also available. We offer 100W systems at 1064nm and will build 200W systems if needed.

For a 100 mW 532nm CNI portable, the total cost would be $323.68 shipped with UPS ground. That is with the discount. Well I guess I will be saving some money. These look reaaly sweet. ;D

Hi Chimp,
I have a few questions regarding your Rechargeable Portable LASER Module. :eek:

1. Is the LASER manufactured by CNI?
2. Output Power 250(mW), how is this measured? Minimum, average, or peak?
3. Power Stability (RMS @ 8 Hours), do is mean duty cycle up to 8 Hours?
4. Warranty 3-month, what is a typical cost for repairing a Rechargeable Module out side warranty period?

Thanks
TheMonk

1. The rechargeables are not CNI they are VIASHO.
2. Output is average output.
3. Power stability is not duty cycle. It determines the variance of the beam output over time. The duty cycle is 100%.
4. Nobody really repairs small modules they are completely swapped out and represent a significant portion of the cost of each unit. I don't know exactly as I have never had to have one repaired. Don't take that statement as an endorsement, we haven't offered the rechargeables very long.

One thing we don't do is hype our systems. We primarily sell to industry and researchers and have no room to exaggerate our systems like other companies that market strictly to enthusiasts. We tell you the way it is so it never comes back to bite us. As such we have universities like Yale on our customer list. I had my partners agree to allow me to give you guys a 10% discount on our portables because I liked what I see on these forums.

So if I order one of these, am I guaranteed an in-spec laser? Will you provide power charts? Tell me whatsup :)

Well we don't normally provide power charts as we have never been asked to, which is good because the two meters we use are just meters. We do test each system before it's shipped, however.

Actually, that brings me to another thought. I've noticed a nice little meter on this site that interfaces with the USB port on a computer and can d/l into excel. If anyone here has one for sale my company will buy it so we can provide those kinds of charts to you guys.

I feel bad that you guys get burned so often.

FrothyChimp said:
Well we don't normally provide power charts as we have never been asked to, which is good because the two meters we use are just meters. We do test each system before it's shipped, however.

Actually, that brings me to another thought. I've noticed a nice little meter on this site that interfaces with the USB port on a computer and can d/l into excel. If anyone here has one for sale my company will buy it so we can provide those kinds of charts to you guys.

I feel bad that you guys get burned so often.

That is very generous of you! I love to hear when people actually care :).

+1 for OEM lasers :cool:

Gazoo

FrothyChimp said:
If anyone here has one for sale my company will buy it so we can provide those kinds of charts to you guys.

There will be another GB for the LPM-1 in case nobody wants to sell theirs. I can tell you I love mine and it is very easy to use.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.