Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

100mw 447nm Laserglow polaris

On the 30th I went to laserglow and bought their polaris laser (100mw), along with a pair of glasses
It was my first laser above 5mw, and I think its pretty powerful.

Laserglow tests the laser before i bought it
It had an average of 119mw with a peak of 128mw.
Unfortunately I don't have any full batteries, but it was able to easily pop balloons, red balloon worked the best, i only had red and blue.
It has corrective optics, ill take a pic later.

Its fully fda compliant, here's a link to their site, and a quick video with some pics popping some balloons.
Laserglow Technologies - Handheld Lasers, Alignment Lasers and Lab / OEM Lasers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jmxn-1xrV4

Last edited:

Whats the dot profile on that, is it shaped like a bar at around 10'~15', or is it more of a square like it has beam correction optics?

just a min ill post a pic, have picsbut how do i post them from a mac?

Last edited:
I get the argument that you get what you pay for in quality but I don't get Laserglow charging 7 or 8 times more than the competition.
I like the host, its like my Hulk laser, I know LG's are good but what made you pay $400 for a 119mW blue laser when you can buy or make a 1-1.5 W 445(10X more powerful) for $100-$120? I know, power isn't the only factor.

edit: I see beam corrected is a feature that people pay more for,good to know, thanks.. Is it worth it? I havent seen a 100mW 447 (Beam corrected), I just have a 445 in the 1.3-1.5 range.

Last edited:
The Polaris, at those power ratings, *are* beam corrected. I did a review on one. It should NOT be a bar, it should be a multimode circle/dot.

Power isn't the only factor there is... (though I know to 95% of folks here, it is...) The prices directly from CNI for the beam corrected models aren't that much less when you factor in shipping from China; and if something goes wrong, you don't have to ship back to China.

But yes, if power is the only variable, then Lazerer or a LPF or self build is likely the way to go.
At the same time, going from 5mW directly to 1w+ is likely not the best idea for everyone. Believe it or not, 100mW of 445 can still do a number on some things.

Last edited:
Congrats on the buy. This is a good power to safely look at the dot and examine the color and the beauty of it. I myself want to get a 100mW in the 445nm range as well. Since its your first laser above 5mW be careful. It could damage your eyes. Once again congrats on your new laser. Can't wait to see some pics!!

Actually I believe the new low power single mode 450nm diodes can be pushed past 100mW. So DIY with decent beam specs in this power range IS doable. Though it will still cost more than the high power 445's.

I'm still on the prowl for a true 5mW 445nm or 450nm laser -- something that can legally be called a "laser pointer" in the United States and be used for that purpose in public without a variance (CDRH Class IIIa).

Last edited:
About your only choice is to build one yourself, or order one of the laserlands 50mW newwish pens and potmod it down.

Last edited:

Paddy

Easiest way is to upload them to a site like photobucket/imageshack and paste the
link.