Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1000 mW Laser (1W) for 98$ ?

i don't know if this is cheap or not? but it seems pretty cheap for a 1W laser?

will it be underspec from what they say it is?

here is what they say about it

Wavelengh 808nm ClassIV
Power Output 1W
Dot Shape Clost to TM00 model in Dot Shape (dot size is adjustable by turning the Focusring)
Divergence <2.5mrad at beam aperture
Beam Style CW
Circuit ACC
Working Voltage DC=3.7V Trigger
Working Current I<2.3A
Duty Circle 30 seconds (recommended)
Working Temperature +10dgC-30dgC
Storage Temperature -10dgC-40dgC
Power Supply 2pcs 3.7V CR123 battery
Size 23.5mmx165mm
Package Retail Box+battery+charger

(Direct Link)

www.rayfoss.com

Last edited:

jimdt7

You won't see the beam or dot, it's IR laser. And I would say the output won't be 1W, but about 600-800mW. I don't recommend you this laser, 'cause it's very dangerous, you won't see anything and it might burn your retina, or other things.

Last edited:
First of all this laser is 808nm. This means that is invisible to our eyes and that makes it very dangerous ! If this is your first high power then i suggest you to find another one !
Welcome to O-like,the source of good quality laser products at unbeatable price and perfect service ! is a very good company and their lasers are usually overspec ! Remember:

405nm= violet colour
445nm=blue colour
532nm=green colour
650nm=red colour
>808nm=invisible/infrared

thier 200mw Green (link) 200mW transformable green laser/adjustable [OLV6200] - $129.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

is exactly same as what i normaly order and sell, i order at £15($23) sell for £45($70) and the ones i order come with kalidoscope effect lens also

(picture of what i sell)
312259_2478871416079_1381322250_2879175_853629782_n.jpg

Ash

is exactly same as what i normaly order and sell, i order at £15($23)
The laser may look similar, but there is one big difference. Your lasers ($23) are no where near 200mW and likely unstable junk, whereas the O-like and Rayfoss ones are guaranteed to be putting out the power they say and typically have very stable outputs. :D
Oh, and they both (o-like and rayfoss) have warranties on their lasers. I am sure you do not. :(

The laser may look similar, but there is one big difference. Your lasers ($23) are no where near 200mW and likely unstable junk, whereas the O-like and Rayfoss ones are guaranteed to be putting out the power they say and typically have very stable outputs. :D
Oh, and they both (o-like and rayfoss) have warranties on their lasers. I am sure you do not. :(

FYI they meter at 140~ MW with 20-30MW IR on my friends laserbee with stock battery out of the box
if thoes can do better ? i doubt it..

and yes i have warranty , i can RMA within 3 month for replacement.. i order from a very reputable chinese wholesaler so don't talk about things you don't know.

Last edited:

honeyx

So why you even mention it and post a pic? Just to peeve us? If you say "a" say "b" too, or even don´t start boasting how cheap you are getting them. We are here to help each other. Not just in lasers but also in finding good sources. Just boasting isn´t any sort of help and I wasn´t asking because of the laser but because the housing is looking interesting for me.

Trevor

FYI they meter at 140~ MW with 20-30MW IR on my friends laserbee with stock battery out of the box

and yes i have warranty , i can RMA within 3 month for replacement.. i order from a very reputable chinese wholesaler so don't talk about things you don't know.

Whose LaserBee did you use?

Who is this Chinese wholesaler?

Are you really credentialed enough to be so condescending?

-Trevor

So why you even mention it and post a pic? Just to peeve us? If you say "a" say "b" too, or even don´t start boasting how cheap you are getting them. We are here to help each other. Not just in lasers but also in finding good sources. Just boasting isn´t any sort of help and I wasn´t asking because of the laser but because the housing is looking interesting for me.

i mention it cause other guy said the site he recommended is good for prices etc when i found basicly exactly same product which i currently stock and sell on regular basis

i can sell you housing if you want, or i can sell you 300-500W CNC Cutter

YAG & Fiber Laser Cutting Machine
1.500W & 300W laser
2.Max cut metal 6mm
3.Max speed 10m/min
4.Max cut area 3000mmx1500mm

$ 50,000 - 110,000 ( 1064nm water cooled)

honeyx

May I ask where you from? No need for a CNC cutter but housings maybe. Btw, I always knew these lasers a dirt cheap and not that expencive all the stores want us to belive. Probably about $10 when comming directly from the manufacturer.

Last edited:
I can get that same laser for $5 from my china connection...

:na::na::na::na::na:

@Fluff.....Go sell your crap elsewhere....you have 6 posts and all are "bragging" about what you "sell"...... I don't think anyone here cares...

PS whats your website? cause you do have one......right??

I could say the same thing...

Just a friendly Heads UP...

As a Laser Seller you will need to learn the proper use of
quantifying Laser Power terms...

The LaserBee products do NOT measure in the MegaWatts (MW)...
The DO measure in the milliWatts (mW).

Jerry

Arayan

to back to the topic, in my opinion the shown laser pointer (1W 808 nm) should be good (skylaser style).