Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

10 Years since WTC, Your messages

Its been 10 years, our thoughts are with the famillies and friends of those who lost Their lives.

I saved myself a lot of grief on the day as I didn't come in until after the Towers fell down so I didn't see it happen, it would have broken my heart to see it, haven't even watched it on youtube or anything.

It has made our country stronger, as well as our friends' countries too, and yet at the same time has created more tolerance and understanding in the world. But, all of this at an unnecessary and terrible cost.

Remember those that lost their lives and are now serving/served their countries to protect the world from ignorance and violence.

Last edited:
‎10 years ago, I found myself trapped on the BQE (Brooklyn - Queens Expressway which offers amazing views on NYC) not by traffic, but by what I saw unfolding before my eyes. As I stood beneath the plume of smoke, I watched buildings burning and people jumping, and even where I stood - about a mile away, there were papers falling from the sky all around me.

A small, triangular piece of paper gracefully tumbled out of the sky and landed at my feet. It was burned around the edges, and had a small blob of plastic melted onto it.

When I picked up that piece of paper, I smelled it, as I never remembered smelling anything during a dream. The hint of kerosene worked it's way into my consciousness, and in that split second, I knew this was real.

Moments later, the first tower fell...

Last edited:
GoolGaul

Thanks for the edit,

Thank you for that personal account, I can't even imagine what that would have been like.

Standing there and seeing that piece of paper floating towards and landing at your feet, would have been unbelievable and surreal.

Last edited:
‎10 years ago, I found myself trapped on the BQE (Brooklyn - Queens Expressway which offers amazing views on NYC) not by traffic, but by what I saw unfolding before my eyes. As I stood beneath the plume of smoke, I watched buildings burning and people jumping, and even where I stood - about a mile away, there were papers falling from the sky all around me.

A small, triangular piece of paper gracefully tumbled out of the sky and landed at my feet. It was burned around the edges, and had a small blob of plastic melted onto it.

When I picked up that piece of paper, I smelled it, as I never remembered smelling anything during a dream. The hint of kerosene worked it's way into my consciousness, and in that split second, I knew this was real.

Moments later, the first tower fell...

Wow, I can't imagine being that close, it must have been terrible.

I heard about the first tower on my way to work in Portland, OR. When I walked in the TV was on and everyone was watching. We saw the second tower get hit. I was just in disbelief that this was actually happening, I was worried that a friend of mine was at work (she worked in tower 2) and was praying that she wasn't there. I was standing when the first tower fell and just dropped back into my chair. It was just hard to watch all of the events unfold trying to imagine what the people were going through.

Thank god Colleen was not there that day she was in Hong Kong. My heart goes out to the families that lost their loved ones that day and will never forget what happened.

Jeff

Its been 10 years, our thoughts are with the famillies and friends of those who lost Their lives.

I lost my uncle that day. Died about 2 minutes before the 2nd plane hit the towers. He would have been 70 today.

However, he happend to die of an agressive variety of ALS rather than by act of terrorism.

Yes. Just like anyone I have a few thoughts about 9/11. I sickens me still to this day that anyone could have committed these acts. However, one thing that I remember is to NEVER give in to hate. I remember on that day I was at Art history class, and we were talking about Islamic art the day before it all happend. A sizeable part (~30%), of out class was Islamic. Immediately after the world found out that these were Islamic terrorists, The group of Islamic students stood up and started a group prayer for our class at noon on the 11th. They were joined quickly by Jewish and other faiths. It was quite an emotionally charged day and one that I can never forget.

Hate and fear are terrorisms best weapons. IF you have fear and hate (or one of both), you are doing the jobs of the terrorists. They have already won.

Last edited:
Hey seoul have you LPM'd your 1W from O-like? is that the 445 Tactical 1 watt?

Misanthrop

Hey seoul have you LPM'd your 1W from O-like? is that the 445 Tactical 1 watt?

Please can you keep the thread in line with the thread subject.

Thank you.

I was on my way to school. We were listening to this in the radio in the car. Something about a burning building and smoke everywhere. But we had no idea what was really going on until we got to the school and they had the TVs on watching the first tower burn.

We just sat at school all day watching it on the news.

Hate and fear are terrorisms best weapons. IF you have fear and hate (or one of both), you are doing the jobs of the terrorists. They have already won.

I agree entirely. The goal of terrorism is to force political change through hate and fear and violance.

America "has" changed and we have been goaded into escalacting conflicts that not only risk more of our brothers lives, but demand greater restrictions on law abiding citizens at home. *cough TSA cough cough* if thats not a "political change" due to fear I dont know what is.

Last edited:
GoolGaul, your story brings back just how sureal that day was for all the world...must have been extremely unbelievable in person.

I am from N.Y. and visit family in Manhattan all the time and I can't bring myself to visit the south end anymore. Its like that part of the city has been stripped away and has been taken from us permanently.

I guess one of these years I shall pay repect and visit the memorial and new WTC when it's complete, but I can't do it...just can't...and I don't know why.

It's not the same skyline anymore...those buildings were finished the year I was born and they will never be the same no matter what is built there.

Hard to believe it's been ten years. I was in my late twenties then... I am a man now with kids and I don't know how I will ever explain this to them.

That day is permanently etched into our souls.

Last edited:
I agree entirely. The goal of terrorism is to force political change through hate and fear and violance.

America "has" changed and we have been goaded into escalacting conflicts that not only risk more of our brothers lives, but demand greater restrictions on law abiding citizens at home. *cough TSA cough cough* if thats not a "political change" due to fear I dont know what is.

Again, I don't want to offend here.

It ain't about change. It was about crippling the markets. The loose group of Terrorists didn't care about political change in the US... If you hit every single institution belonging to the world's greatest superpower you can bring it to it's knees. IF they wanted carnage they'd have flown those planes into a residential neighbourhood.

Forget Osama bin Laden, what the 9/11 hijackers were able to pull off even when they were dead was to cripple the US markets via fear and they hoped that the US would invade Iraq/ or possibly another arab country ( justification for a Jihad) and Afganistan. These terrorists more than got their wishes to come true.

What really saddens me the most is that ordinary citizens will now have to pay for all the unnecessary conflicts.

Where i was doesnt matter, i lost people that day.

Since that time ive studied the quran, it is a vile book that preaches death , torture and enslavement of the infidel or unbeliever. Islam is NOT a religion , it is a political/ social organization that uses its title as a religion for protection.

If you are a member you pay their tax, money from this religious tax is used to fund terrorism and the destruction of the infidel.this = tacit approval.

Yes they indeed set out to destroy our financial institutions that day.

But those of you who believe the line about giving them power etc are misled.

Islam is at war with us,,,,,most of us just dont seem to want to admit it or participate.

Again, I don't want to offend here.

It ain't about change. It was about crippling the markets. The loose group of Terrorists didn't care about political change in the US... If you hit every single institution belonging to the world's greatest superpower you can bring it to it's knees. IF they wanted carnage they'd have flown those planes into a residential neighbourhood.

Forget Osama bin Laden, what the 9/11 hijackers were able to pull off even when they were dead was to cripple the US markets via fear and they hoped that the US would invade Iraq/ or possibly another arab country ( justification for a Jihad) and Afganistan. These terrorists more than got their wishes to come true.

What really saddens me the most is that ordinary citizens will now have to pay for all the unnecessary conflicts.

Sorry gonna delete all this post. Maybe too provocative :(

I did agree with you though :)

Last edited: