Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

10 1.2W 445nm lasers igniting paper

Fenzir

I couldn't tell but is the laser all the way at the end, or the right, different? It's probably the clamp and POV but it looks a bit different.

They are all the same. One has a focus adapter but it is somewhere in the middle.

sheesh - "death by laser array!"

Leads me to ask about something that did occur to me once or twice...

What would make a good, reliable, universal "backdrop/target" for hi-power lasers? So that one DOES NOT burn one's house down .... It looks like possibly a brick in the video...

A cinderblock maybe? Possibly a SMALL pile of pre-burned charcoal briquettes?

DJNY

Fun

Love the smell of burned paper (my gal not).

Last edited:
Yeah that part of the house smells pretty bad. When I started laughing it was because the water bucket was pretty much up in flames from all the paper. The heat was being felt on my face. As for the target it was a block of aluminum. A brick would have been better I suppose. Less reflective.

Wowsers! That's impressive. I guess that was, uh, a burn in test for your next bunch of lasers. I may have to pick up another one of those from you sometime since I can't figure out why my other one dropped in output by almost a third. Still a sweet laser.

That was pretty damn cool.

I asked the wifey to check out the video. So she can realize i'm not the only demented nut-job !

Need a bigger water bucket? Try a kiddy pool. You need it.

I asked the wifey to check out the video. So she can realize i'm not the only demented nut-job !
Sure thats a good idea? :thinking: She might see it as an example of what shes in for if she doesn't run now...

Last edited:
Excellent video Yob, that looks totally insane!! :eg: But at the same time, very, very COOL. :beer: