Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

1 ohm ressistor

RYANZKWL

Hey everyone, i was wondering where i could find a 1 ohm ressistor, i can't seem to find any and the one i do find only come in packs of like 100 when i only need one for my test load. Help me out?

Ryan

Kevlar

Yeah, your best bet is to search online.

There used to be a member here who would mail you 10 for the cost of shipping but he was :banned:

Elektrotechniker

Guys, he should look at a local store first.. No point waiting for mail if you already can get them directly at a local electronics shop..

Cyparagon

I don't think I've seen them in Radio Shack unless you buy an assortment of 500-something.

mfo

Banned
Yeah, your best bet is to search online.

There used to be a member here who would mail you 10 for the cost of shipping but he was :banned:
For reasons still beyond me. This forum is not the same without Jerry. It's not the same at all anymore actually. :undecided: Most of the old timers are no longer here.

Blord

I could sent you a few for postage cost only. I have to wait for the complete E12 resistor serie coming from China. That is 8500 pieces of resistors :D

Maybe 2 resistor of 2Ohm in parallel for more load balancing or 3 of 3Ohm.
Just one 1Ohm resistor will get very hot at high current and the measurement is not reliaiable.

Last edited:

qumefox

I've never had a 1 ohm 5W get warm. Setting driver current shouldn't really be something that you have to run the test load hours to do.

anselm

^^^ Yeah me too. I don't need to measure for more than 4~5 seconds....