Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1.245W C-6 Host 445NM Blue Laser DTR built

I want to thank DTR for building me this awesome Laser. I've never owned blue before so I love these Lasers for sure. :drool:

I've attached some pictures of the laser for all to see and posted a video of it on Youtube under username.. johnawesley1

I must admit that the cooling of the C-6 is not the greatest and it would get warm after 1 minute and have to be cooled 30 seconds or so.

DTR suggested that I take off the paint from the inside of the Host so that it would provide better cooling.

So, I took the head of the Laser where the heatsink rests, and used some dremel tools to take off the paint on the inside and allow the Heatsink to physically make contact with the entire head.

I also took off some paint on the end cap that holds the heatsink in place.

This was to make sure that the Laser stays cool, and for the entire head now to aid in the cooling of the laser, not just the tiny heatsink.

JayRob made me a copper heatsink for the c-6 that weighted in at 1.11 ounces and will help cool the laser even better.

I achieved better cooling by coating the newly unpainted inside walls of the lasers head with Thermal compound Copper tape and then coated the heatsink with it as well.

Then I seated the heatsink and tightened the Aixiz Module down and screwed on the end cap.

Because I used Copper tape on the top of the heatsink, there was no room for the rubber ring that is usually at the top.

To me this is good because now the Heatsink is physically touching the cap and that's helping to cool the laser.

So now the laser is getting cooled by the entire top of the Host and the bottom of the host is cooling the driver.

Now I can run the laser about 2 minutes and it just gets warm.

So for now it's 2 minutes on at the most and 30 seconds to cool.

Thanks Jordon for this build and for putting up with my many many questions and for my wanting to see how things work when sometimes it's better to leave them alone or be.

Your build was perfect in every way as always. I just wanted to have better cooling and now I've got it.

All pictures and the video that will be linked here and on youtube itself, were shot wearing Gary's (Survival Laser's) Garoq's , excellent Eagle Pair Goggles.

The best I have Ever used and I recommend them to everyone!!!!!

Thanks to DTR, Garoq, JayRob, and all the rest of you guys for your excellent builds and supplies for making Lasers and making the Hobby fun.

Attachments

• For lpf2.jpg
    For lpf2.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 306
  • for lpf3.jpg
    for lpf3.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 232
  • for lpf5.jpg
    for lpf5.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 170
  • for lpf6.jpg
    for lpf6.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 259
  • for lpf4.jpg
    for lpf4.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 215
  • for lpf7.jpg
    for lpf7.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 222
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

Garoq

Good informative post and thanks for the kudos! :beer:

Good informative post and thanks for the kudos! :beer:

Not a Problem Gary.

Thank you for being an awesome Seller and going out of your way for your customers!!:thanks:

Last edited:

DTR

Nice job. Look like you did a good job of getting the paint off the inside of the head. Bet that made a world of difference.:beer:

Nice job. Look like you did a good job of getting the paint off the inside of the head. Bet that made a world of difference.:beer:

Jordon,

It sure did.. It was super easy. I just used a Dremel with the wire brush attachment and the paint comes right off.

It really is super cool now. This would be a good suggestion for others getting the Moh kits, Gary's kits or any C-6 Host you build or in general.

Thank you so much for your awesome builds and for taking the time to answer all of my questions.

Now for a 2W Laser...:)

Last edited:
I went a little further today and took all the paint off the C-6 to get that Stainless steel look that I love.

The Laser stays much cooler now too!

I have the Laser alternating from Copper to Aluminum. Looks slick!

Put on a Green GITD Clicky cap. Would rather have had a blue GITD cap, so Jeff, FlaminPyro is sending me two of them, along with two external lens springs and a C-6 holster!! :thanks: Jeff!

Attachments

• Custom C6.jpg
    Custom C6.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 314
  • Custom C6-2.jpg
    Custom C6-2.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 229
  • Custom C6-3.jpg
    Custom C6-3.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 222
  • Custom C6-4.jpg
    Custom C6-4.jpg