Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review Of UltraFire KH-T60

This is my review of the UltraFire KH-T60
5-mode
Has a claimed 1200-Lumen
Digitally regulated 3000mA curent output

Link
UltraFire KH-T60 HA-II XM-LT60 5-Mode 1200-Lumen White LED Flashlight (1 x 18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

This is a pretty sweet flashlight for only $32.00. It is one wickedly bright flashlight. Brighter then almost any other flashlight I have owned. Puts my old UltraFire WF-502B to shame.

The UltraFire KH-T60 is using one of the newer LED emitters found on DX, the XM-LT60 series.
I just started seeing these XM-LT60 flashlight with a claimed 1200-Lumen pop up in the last 2 months.

As with all Dx products there is a good chance that the specs are overrated.
From other reviews I have seen on DX about this one, and other single cell18650 XM-T60 flashlights. The consensus seems to be that with a fully charged cell one could expect at least 900 to 1000 lumens.

From what I gather this XM-LT60 is best suited for a duel 18650 cell setup
It draws lot of current. On high mode with a freshly charged cell I got 3.7 amps at the tailcap:drool:
So for long battery life your going to want a two cell 18650 setup.

It's hard to say how long you get full power on high mode. I guesstimate 8 to 10 minutes before it starts dropping in brightness. It's hard to tell since this flashlight is so bright. It will depend on the mA of your battery.
I tried to experiment with a fully charged cell at 4.2v and a partially depleted cell at 3.6v. I could honestly not see any difference in brightness. I was using a panasonic 2900mA battery.

It has 5 modes High, Med, Low, Strobe, and SOS. I hate having 5 modes. I would love to have just High and Low. Why does some one need strobe??
I just checked Dx they now have some 3 mode XM-LT60 lights. To bad they didn't have them back in Aug when I ordered:(

Heat? This does get hot, but only if on high for 3 minutes or more before it gets really warm.

As far as construction goes this flashlight is made really well. It's a all aluminum host, with a glass lens, and a smooth reflector. It's light and feels really solid.
One of my biggest gripes with some of these DX lights has been the threads. This one has perfect threads. Nice smooth threads, no burrs. It screws together very well. All the o-rings are thick and well lubed.

However the front head assembly seems to be glued on. This kinda sucks as you don't have easy access to the driver or pill with out using tools or force.
This seems to be a starting trend with these DX lights:(

On a side note, interestingly the tailcap is assembled differently then any other light I have seen. The switch assembly is accessed from the back and not the inside. The silicon switch cover is held in place by a small ring that unscrews reveling the switch assembly.

Bottom line is I really like this flashlight. I love how bright it is for such a small size. I think it gets a very suitable battery life. I find myself playing with it often just to marvel at how bright it is.

As far a some photos to convey how bright it is I did my best with my camera and no tripod. I may try and go to the park down the street at night and redo the photos. This time with a tripod and take some pics of it on high and low.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• sku_57006_2.jpg
    sku_57006_2.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 2,147
  • sku_57006_6.jpg
    sku_57006_6.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 2,038