Laser Pointers

Laser Pointers (https://laserpointerforums.com/)
-   445nm Lasers (https://laserpointerforums.com/f65/)
-   -   M140 driver for C6 cree build (https://laserpointerforums.com/f65/m140-driver-c6-cree-build-78174.html)

dentillozie 10-28-2012 11:10 PM

M140 driver for C6 cree build
 
hellow

im planning on building a ~1W laser based on the M140 laser diode.
it is supposed to go in the C6 cree flashlight host.
( the host: C6 DIY Cree LED Flashlight Full Casing/Shell with Driver Pill (2*CR123A/1*18650) - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX)

after reading the forum i found out that you beter dont use a LED driver circuit like this one:
18V 5W Cree Circuit Board for Flashlights (16.8mm*5.5mm) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

now im looking for a good driver to drive my M140 that still fits in the C6 host and has the battery connection plate on it.

i would really appreciate any input. :D

thanx

-DenTilloZie

awillis2589 10-28-2012 11:57 PM

Re: M140 driver for C6 cree build
 
Survival Laser Driver

this is the perfect driver for a M-140 C6 build. it comes in different current options its a round driver so the one side is an acctual driver the other is the battery contact board, it's a buck driver so it requires 2 x 16340's which fit in that host perfectly. and best of all it's made by a fellow forum member. :beer: and he also sells heatsinks for that host but your probably better off getting the host from him because shipping time would be much quicker.

grainde 10-29-2012 09:25 AM

Re: M140 driver for C6 cree build
 
Or you could send a PM to Blord he sells the Moh linears for $6 - $9 depending on what you want....:beer:

awillis2589 10-29-2012 11:31 AM

Re: M140 driver for C6 cree build
 
no offense to blord but he's in Belgium and shipping times would be alot longer then from Survival Laser if your in the states.

grainde 10-29-2012 02:09 PM

Re: M140 driver for C6 cree build
 
True, but theres always Jusinjja too ;) http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/mo...ach-75487.html :beer:

Wolfman29 10-29-2012 04:34 PM

Re: M140 driver for C6 cree build
 
Also always the BlitzBuck from CajunLasers ;) Cheaper than Survival!

dentillozie 10-29-2012 04:38 PM

Re: M140 driver for C6 cree build
 
first of all thanks for the input.

are there any drivers that will work with only 1 x 18650 battery? and still be able to run the diode and get 1W with it? :)

gillza 10-29-2012 05:16 PM

Re: M140 driver for C6 cree build
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dentillozie (Post 1124078)
hellow

im planning on building a ~1W laser based on the M140 laser diode.
it is supposed to go in the C6 cree flashlight host.
( the host: C6 DIY Cree LED Flashlight Full Casing/Shell with Driver Pill (2*CR123A/1*18650) - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX)

after reading the forum i found out that you beter dont use a LED driver circuit like this one:
18V 5W Cree Circuit Board for Flashlights (16.8mm*5.5mm) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

now im looking for a good driver to drive my M140 that still fits in the C6 host and has the battery connection plate on it.

i would really appreciate any input. :D

thanx

-DenTilloZie

Why cant you use 5W driver from DX? There is a thread here that describes how to mod them. Voltage reference is 0.25V +/-5% so use ohms law and get a set of resistors (or resistor) to get to whatever current you want.

TO use one cell you need boost driver such as Benboost or boost/buck driver such as FMTv2 or Elasti-Drive. Search the forum for respective threads

dentillozie 10-29-2012 05:28 PM

Re: M140 driver for C6 cree build
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gillza (Post 1124247)
Why cant you use 5W driver from DX? There is a thread here that describes how to mod them. Voltage reference is 0.25V +/-5% so use ohms law and get a set of resistors (or resistor) to get to whatever current you want.

TO use one cell you need boost driver such as Benboost or bust/buck driver such as FMTv2 or Elasti-Drive. Search the forum for respective threads

i will check it out those drivers are very cheap :D

hope there are some sellers of boost drivers on this forum :P

gillza 10-29-2012 05:36 PM

Re: M140 driver for C6 cree build
 
Google DTR LPF and cajunlasers. They sell various drivers. Also Le Quack is the maker of elasti drive. he might help you out.

awillis2589 10-29-2012 06:03 PM

Re: M140 driver for C6 cree build
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfman29 (Post 1124233)
Also always the BlitzBuck from CajunLasers ;) Cheaper than Survival!

The BlitzBuck V3.1 Round adjustable buck driver is $19.99 and you can get 10% off. Survival Laser Fixed Current Driver is $19.99 and you can also get 10%. so how is one cheaper then the other???

DTR 10-29-2012 06:32 PM

Re: M140 driver for C6 cree build
 
If you are looking for a unit that will run on a single Li-Ion and get you about 1W check the 800mW+ combo that I have for $70. Most land just under 1W and they are a great value.;)

https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf...45-m140-didoes

dentillozie 10-29-2012 08:46 PM

Re: M140 driver for C6 cree build
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DTR (Post 1124272)
If you are looking for a unit that will run on a single Li-Ion and get you about 1W check the 800mW+ combo that I have for $70. Most land just under 1W and they are a great value.;)

https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf...45-m140-didoes

Sounds like a very good deal :D is the shipping to belgium also only $6?

LuxorLasers747 10-30-2012 09:23 PM

Re: M140 driver for C6 cree build
 
There is Nothing wrong with that driver, in fact, ive build a C6 12x blu-ray set to 500mA almost a month ago using that driver and the batts still dont need rechearging!(im using 18350`s). I just added a output cap for safety and it works great.
I can say the same for 445 builds.

But you can always pay 20$ if you want.

dentillozie 10-30-2012 10:45 PM

Re: M140 driver for C6 cree build
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuxorLasers747 (Post 1124587)
There is Nothing wrong with that driver, in fact, ive build a C6 12x blu-ray set to 500mA almost a month ago using that driver and the batts still dont need rechearging!(im using 18350`s). I just added a output cap for safety and it works great.
I can say the same for 445 builds.

But you can always pay 20$ if you want.

do you mean the dealextreem driver? what cap should i use and how to connect it then? (im sorry for asking noob questions :p)

so you say the 18350's fit in the C6 flashlight host? sounds great cuz the 18350 have a beter runtime than 16340.

LuxorLasers747 10-31-2012 08:32 PM

Re: M140 driver for C6 cree build
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dentillozie (Post 1124615)
do you mean the dealextreem driver? what cap should i use and how to connect it then? (im sorry for asking noob questions :p)

so you say the 18350's fit in the C6 flashlight host? sounds great cuz the 18350 have a beter runtime than 16340.

Yes im talking about the DX driver :)

Im using 2x 18350, BUT, i didnt screw the pill all the way in ,otherwise there wont be enought room for them and the - base of the batteries will deform due to pressure (wich happened to mine :p)

Just use a 8.4V< cap.

(Connect the - from cap to - output of driver and the same for the +`s)

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/767...0902162023.jpg


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:53 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Privacy Policy | Advertising Disclaimer | Terms of Use
Copyright (C) 2017 Laser Pointer Forums, LLC