Old 06-21-2008, 09:02 PM #81
IgorT's Avatar
Class 3B Laser
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Slovenia, EU
Posts: 4,177
Rep Power: 56
IgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to IgorT
IgorT IgorT is offline
Class 3B Laser
IgorT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Slovenia, EU
Posts: 4,177
Rep Power: 56
IgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to IgorT
Default Re: 120 mw Blu-Ray DX laser Pointer

Wallydraigle:

If you want to know for sure what happened here, you should really make a photo of the bottom of the diode.

There is a square marking there.. Sort of like a bar code.. That would help find out, if it was or wasn't a $30 diode....


__________________
Signature temporarily out of order...
IgorT is offline   Reply With Quote


















Old 06-21-2008, 09:08 PM #82
daguin's Avatar
Class 4 Laser
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sunny Southern California
Posts: 16,636
Rep Power: 12649
daguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond repute
daguin daguin is offline
Class 4 Laser
daguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sunny Southern California
Posts: 16,636
Rep Power: 12649
daguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 120 mw Blu-Ray DX laser Pointer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpmitch2000
The one i sold him had the right lens on it for 405nm and not one for 650nm .
"The right lens for the 405nm" . . .What lens would that be?

Peace,
dave
__________________
How To Get Along In and Be Accepted in the Forum

If you got some value out of reading this forum, how about donating $2 to keep it going?
Click Here to donate

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
-William Shakespeare
daguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:43 AM #83
JLSE's Avatar
A.R Coated Madman
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ɯɐǝq ssɐ-ǝʇıɹq ǝɥʇ puıɥǝq
Posts: 3,587
Rep Power: 717
JLSE has a reputation beyond reputeJLSE has a reputation beyond reputeJLSE has a reputation beyond reputeJLSE has a reputation beyond reputeJLSE has a reputation beyond reputeJLSE has a reputation beyond reputeJLSE has a reputation beyond reputeJLSE has a reputation beyond reputeJLSE has a reputation beyond reputeJLSE has a reputation beyond reputeJLSE has a reputation beyond repute
JLSE JLSE is offline
A.R Coated Madman
JLSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ɯɐǝq ssɐ-ǝʇıɹq ǝɥʇ puıɥǝq
Posts: 3,587
Rep Power: 717
JLSE has a reputation beyond reputeJLSE has a reputation beyond reputeJLSE has a reputation beyond reputeJLSE has a reputation beyond reputeJLSE has a reputation beyond reputeJLSE has a reputation beyond reputeJLSE has a reputation beyond reputeJLSE has a reputation beyond reputeJLSE has a reputation beyond reputeJLSE has a reputation beyond reputeJLSE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 120 mw Blu-Ray DX laser Pointer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daguin
[quote author=mpmitch2000 link=1211284897/72#75 date=1214071053]
The one i sold him had the right lens on it for 405nm and not one for 650nm .
"The right lens for the 405nm" . . .What lens would that be?

Peace,
dave
[/quote]

LOL, Not the left one...
__________________
Recent Projects:
-----
JLSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:07 AM #84
Class 2 Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 373
Rep Power: 14
climbak is a jewel in the roughclimbak is a jewel in the roughclimbak is a jewel in the roughclimbak is a jewel in the rough
climbak climbak is offline
Class 2 Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 373
Rep Power: 14
climbak is a jewel in the roughclimbak is a jewel in the roughclimbak is a jewel in the roughclimbak is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 120 mw Blu-Ray DX laser Pointer

One thing to note, I would be willing to bet that the 250mW power rating is for pulsed output with 50% duty cycle and roughly a 50us pulse. This is what the 210mW rating on the previous generation sharp diode is. I am pretty sure the diodes from the LG 6X burners are made by Sharp and thus would have a rating of about 250mW pulsed/125mW CW. They can be driven higher CW as with proper heat control etc, which is probably no surprise to most here. If this is the same diode, which it appears to be, then driving it at 180mW may have adverse effects. Obviously it can be done as shown by many people on this forum now, but some diodes will not be as strong as others. If this is indeed the same diode, then it is being overdriven which is fine if properly heatsinked and you dont try to leave it on for long periods of time, but still don't expect it to last the 10,000 hour estimated lifetime. It's just not realistic. It may just turn out to be one of those random diodes that was weak or just plain bad luck, but I suppose we will have to wait and see if we find out.
climbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:40 AM #85
IgorT's Avatar
Class 3B Laser
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Slovenia, EU
Posts: 4,177
Rep Power: 56
IgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to IgorT
IgorT IgorT is offline
Class 3B Laser
IgorT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Slovenia, EU
Posts: 4,177
Rep Power: 56
IgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to IgorT
Default Re: 120 mw Blu-Ray DX laser Pointer

Well, if he would have sold a 6x BR laser with "the right optics for 405" at that price, i would not call it a scam. I would call it slightly expensive..

But that laser would be able to do 250mW CW easily then. They already do 200mW after the wrong optics.


I still kinda have a feeling it's a PHR, simply because of the way Mitch always acted here.
__________________
Signature temporarily out of order...
IgorT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:03 AM #86
brtaman's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,198
Rep Power: 97
brtaman has a reputation beyond reputebrtaman has a reputation beyond reputebrtaman has a reputation beyond reputebrtaman has a reputation beyond reputebrtaman has a reputation beyond reputebrtaman has a reputation beyond reputebrtaman has a reputation beyond reputebrtaman has a reputation beyond reputebrtaman has a reputation beyond reputebrtaman has a reputation beyond reputebrtaman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to brtaman
brtaman brtaman is offline
Class 3R Laser
brtaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,198
Rep Power: 97
brtaman has a reputation beyond reputebrtaman has a reputation beyond reputebrtaman has a reputation beyond reputebrtaman has a reputation beyond reputebrtaman has a reputation beyond reputebrtaman has a reputation beyond reputebrtaman has a reputation beyond reputebrtaman has a reputation beyond reputebrtaman has a reputation beyond reputebrtaman has a reputation beyond reputebrtaman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to brtaman
Default Re: 120 mw Blu-Ray DX laser Pointer

Reading this thread was quite funny, I have to admit.

It would seem that LPF is under a (e)scam-bay type attack :O

somthing that might work on e-bay but has no chance with all the laser experts that frequent this forum, talk about being shot down...lol

brtaman

EDIT: sorry missed the post where you provided us with the diode, but like gooey said, I was skeptical due to the way you presented your diode as being so superior (personally i thought it was an overdriven 803t), if I was wrong then i appoligize.
__________________
Youtube Channel

"If I were creating the world I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o'clock, Day One!" (Time Bandits/Terry Gilliam/191)
brtaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:49 AM #87
GooeyGus's Avatar
Class 3B Laser
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,673
Rep Power: 2701
GooeyGus has a reputation beyond reputeGooeyGus has a reputation beyond reputeGooeyGus has a reputation beyond reputeGooeyGus has a reputation beyond reputeGooeyGus has a reputation beyond reputeGooeyGus has a reputation beyond reputeGooeyGus has a reputation beyond reputeGooeyGus has a reputation beyond reputeGooeyGus has a reputation beyond reputeGooeyGus has a reputation beyond reputeGooeyGus has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to GooeyGus Send a message via MSN to GooeyGus
GooeyGus GooeyGus is offline
Class 3B Laser
GooeyGus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,673
Rep Power: 2701
GooeyGus has a reputation beyond reputeGooeyGus has a reputation beyond reputeGooeyGus has a reputation beyond reputeGooeyGus has a reputation beyond reputeGooeyGus has a reputation beyond reputeGooeyGus has a reputation beyond reputeGooeyGus has a reputation beyond reputeGooeyGus has a reputation beyond reputeGooeyGus has a reputation beyond reputeGooeyGus has a reputation beyond reputeGooeyGus has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to GooeyGus Send a message via MSN to GooeyGus
Default Re: 120 mw Blu-Ray DX laser Pointer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpmitch2000
Oh so this is what people do all day on here is slag me of ? well thanks alot.

lets get a few things right here i am not ripping him of or trying to take him for a ride ok.

I am abit upset that this as gone wrong i made over 20 of these with no problems and one of them go wrong why ?
Well i will not know until i get it back to see i am not happy at all its gone wrong .

The other thing is that it does use a sharp laser diode that is rated at 250mw and if you lot want the diode number its a GH04P25A2G
made by sharp ok . The reason i was not telling because a friend in sharp got them for me but now it don't matter because he say it's ok to post it .

The one i sold him had the right lens on it for 405nm and not one for 650nm .
I did sell it to him as a 150mw laser pointer but it was doing 180mw in the end and i done good tests on it and it past but for some reason it as gone wrong and i want to find out why.

It might be a faulty diode or could be a driver problem but will find out when i get it back .

So tell me everyone here i had a laser gone wrong out of loads of lasers i have made does that make me a bad person here ? i am not a con man and i am not out to con people i will help to put this right for him.

i spoke to him on email and he is sending it back and i will look at it and put it right for him and i said to him let me know what it cost to send it back so i can give him the money for post .

so if companys make lots of items and one go's wrong that means they are a con ?.

At the end of the day i will help to put this matter right for him so please no slagging of.
No one would have called you a 'scammer' had you not come in here telling us how our lasers (which are still running BTW ;D ) were somehow inferior to your lasers, but then not give us the low-down on what diode you used. You could have posted the diode you had a long time ago without ever referencing your friend. When you're selling something secrecy does not look good. Especially on a forum full of people with tons of knowledge about these diodes. At first we can say "ok, sure its possible he has an inside scoop on some super powerful diodes" but then when the thing dies, what are we supposed to think? We start assuming "hmm... there must have been a reason he didn't want to disclose what diode he used". Also, when the only posts you have are talking about your PHR-803T diodes, and then this thread, it looks fishy.

The math on this laser didn't add up for me from the very beginning. If I'm wrong and this was just a freak accident then I really am sorry, but you can understand why we are a bit skeptical.
GooeyGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:55 PM #88
Wallydraigle's Avatar
Class 1M Laser
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 101
Rep Power: 11
Wallydraigle has a spectacular aura aboutWallydraigle has a spectacular aura about
Wallydraigle Wallydraigle is offline
Class 1M Laser
Wallydraigle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 101
Rep Power: 11
Wallydraigle has a spectacular aura aboutWallydraigle has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 120 mw Blu-Ray DX laser Pointer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgorT
Wallydraigle:

If you want to know for sure what happened here, you should really make a photo of the bottom of the diode.

There is a square marking there.. Sort of like a bar code.. That would help find out, if it was or wasn't a $30 diode....

I already sent it back. I wouldn't know the first thing about getting the guts out to take a pic of the diode anyway.

The deal might have been a little funny, but I wouldn't jump on the scam wagon just yet. If he wanted to scam me he could have just not emailed me back, but he offered to make it right. *crosses fingers*
Wallydraigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:09 PM #89
flogged's Avatar
Class 2M Laser
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 530
Rep Power: 47
flogged has a reputation beyond reputeflogged has a reputation beyond reputeflogged has a reputation beyond reputeflogged has a reputation beyond reputeflogged has a reputation beyond reputeflogged has a reputation beyond reputeflogged has a reputation beyond reputeflogged has a reputation beyond reputeflogged has a reputation beyond reputeflogged has a reputation beyond reputeflogged has a reputation beyond repute
flogged flogged is offline
Class 2M Laser
flogged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 530
Rep Power: 47
flogged has a reputation beyond reputeflogged has a reputation beyond reputeflogged has a reputation beyond reputeflogged has a reputation beyond reputeflogged has a reputation beyond reputeflogged has a reputation beyond reputeflogged has a reputation beyond reputeflogged has a reputation beyond reputeflogged has a reputation beyond reputeflogged has a reputation beyond reputeflogged has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 120 mw Blu-Ray DX laser Pointer

I should hope he'd offer to make it right. I mean.. $700.00 ?! Damn

That's a lot of cake for a few minutes of 405nm goodness

flogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:07 PM #90
IgorT's Avatar
Class 3B Laser
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Slovenia, EU
Posts: 4,177
Rep Power: 56
IgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to IgorT
IgorT IgorT is offline
Class 3B Laser
IgorT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Slovenia, EU
Posts: 4,177
Rep Power: 56
IgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to IgorT
Default Re: 120 mw Blu-Ray DX laser Pointer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallydraigle
The deal might have been a little funny, but I wouldn't jump on the scam wagon just yet. If he wanted to scam me he could have just not emailed me back, but he offered to make it right. *crosses fingers*
It's not about him not being willing to replace the diode.. That's not what the scam is about..
It's about misrepresentation of a product. Using lies to justify a higher price. A bizzare price actually...

Since you could get a laser with the same diode for around $200, he better keep replacing that diode for life!


Had he used a 6x Blue Ray writer diode, the price could almost be justified. But not when the diode costs $30..
He just used the situation, where no one else knew this diode could be pushed that far, and quickly made $600.


Anyway, do you perhaps remember what the lens looked like? Did you look at it perhaps?
__________________
Signature temporarily out of order...
IgorT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:20 AM #91
mpmitch2000
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
mpmitch2000
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 120 mw Blu-Ray DX laser Pointer

Since you could get a laser with the same diode for around $200 ?

Ok so you can get a blu-ray 6x dvd burner for $200 then get the housung oh and driver plus heatsink and your time for $200 ? well you best start making them and selling them for $200 then.

I will say this once more they are sharp laser diode not 803 which you keep thinking they are but if you want to think that get on with it .

I put my hands up yes i made good money out of it and the simple reason is because my inside source from sharp got me 100 sharp laser diodes for nothing and yes i will use them to make money but one of them as gone wrong and i will put it right for that person and i said sorry and just to let you know how sorry i am when i get the item back and repair it for him i will return $150 of his money to make him feel better so if the buyer of that laser is reading this when i get the pointer back i will be emailing you that i got it then i will email again to let you know it's repaired and i will send it back and i will email him a payment with paypal $150.

I just like to way you all pick on me about how a con i am but i would love to turn it round on you lot putting me down if it was you would you help ? .

I am very sorry this as happen to him and i will make it right again. Like i said before again and again i have made 20 of them and sold the lot and this one as a problem and it might be just a bad luck diode or driver but i will replace it.

This happens in every day life a company who makes anything they might make 1000s of them but they are going to have a few bad ones there but then what would i know i am just a con man.

Oh and for ebay scams well i use ebay for two simple reasons to buy or sell that is what ebay is all about last time i looked

Sorry to keep going on but you should give people a chance to put things right before putting them down .
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:24 PM #92
IgorT's Avatar
Class 3B Laser
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Slovenia, EU
Posts: 4,177
Rep Power: 56
IgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to IgorT
IgorT IgorT is offline
Class 3B Laser
IgorT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Slovenia, EU
Posts: 4,177
Rep Power: 56
IgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to IgorT
Default Re: 120 mw Blu-Ray DX laser Pointer

Oh man, you really are trying hard to cover your back.. Even returning some money.. Are you getting worried?

I thought you said you did not use a 6x diode, and that the 6x diodes suck in comparison to yours.. Wait, let me check, yes, indeed you said so. You said that a 6x diode at that current would be a "mod" (whatever that's supposed to mean)...


What do you mean if we would help? Most people i know here give a warranty on the laser if they sell it for a third of your price. And if i sold a laser like that for $700, i would feel obligated to keep replacing the poor little PHR-803T diode for life.

Oh, and for your information.. Others are now reaching the same power with the PHR diode, but at a lower current than you used. That's because they don't use the wrong optics.

A 6x diode at 210mA would do WAY more than 200mW after proper optics.
__________________
Signature temporarily out of order...
IgorT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:41 PM #93
mpmitch2000
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
mpmitch2000
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 120 mw Blu-Ray DX laser Pointer

Ok be funny like that well what do you want me to do say stick it then i keep his money and do nothing then i am trying to do the right thing but from what all you say maybe i should do the wrong thing then .

just one thing for a 6x diode it not called a 6x diode its a 405nm laser diode so get your facts right the burner it comes out of is a 6x burner not a 6x diode you prick . The reason its 6x is not just because of a laser its to do with the speed the must disc spin at to do 6x .

So every laser we buy is a 2x or 6x or 16x so what my 5watt dpss laser called then ? because i don't see it say 100x or whatever on it .

  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:32 PM #94
roSSco's Avatar
Class 2M Laser
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 649
Rep Power: 15
roSSco is a jewel in the roughroSSco is a jewel in the roughroSSco is a jewel in the rough
roSSco roSSco is offline
Class 2M Laser
roSSco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 649
Rep Power: 15
roSSco is a jewel in the roughroSSco is a jewel in the roughroSSco is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 120 mw Blu-Ray DX laser Pointer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpmitch2000
Ok be funny like that well what do you want me to do say stick it then i keep his money and do nothing then i am trying to do the right thing but from what all you say maybe i should do the wrong thing then .

just one thing for a 6x diode it not called a 6x diode its a 405nm laser diode so get your facts right the burner it comes out of is a 6x burner not a 6x diode you prick . The reason its 6x is not just because of a laser its to do with the speed the must disc spin at to do 6x .

So every laser we buy is a 2x or 6x or 16x so what my 5watt dpss laser called then ? because i don't see it say 100x or whatever on it .
EDIT: The next post says it much better.
roSSco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:27 PM #95
IgorT's Avatar
Class 3B Laser
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Slovenia, EU
Posts: 4,177
Rep Power: 56
IgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to IgorT
IgorT IgorT is offline
Class 3B Laser
IgorT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Slovenia, EU
Posts: 4,177
Rep Power: 56
IgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond reputeIgorT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to IgorT
Default Re: 120 mw Blu-Ray DX laser Pointer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpmitch2000
just one thing for a 6x diode it not called a 6x diode its a 405nm laser diode so get your facts right the burner it comes out of is a 6x burner not a 6x diode you prick . The reason its 6x is not just because of a laser its to do with the speed the must disc spin at to do 6x .

So every laser we buy is a 2x or 6x or 16x so what my 5watt dpss laser called then ? because i don't see it say 100x or whatever on it.
Oh my.. What did you pick up on now? We call it a 6x diode because it comes from a 6x drive.
And do you really think the only difference between a 4x and a 6x drive is how fast the motor spins the disk? I thought you at least knew, that the faster a disk spins, the stronger the diode has to be, to burn the changes in the disk's surface in less time. So a 6x BR writer drive has to have a certain power, which brings us back to why we call it a "6x BR writer diode" or simply a "6x diode", the former being what i used in my previous posts in this very thread, and the latter being shorter.

I don't even see the point of what you picked up on, except maybe desparatelly trying to appear smart in front of the buyer.. I mean, you call using higher current a mod. It would be funny if it wasn't sad.


So you are starting to threathen now, and what you do depends on how nice we are to you?
Maybe it would be better, if you continued doing the wrong thing. That way, the buyer would finally realize what you are, and do what he should have done from the start.
__________________
Signature temporarily out of order...
IgorT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:47 PM #96
mpmitch2000
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
mpmitch2000
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 120 mw Blu-Ray DX laser Pointer

What ever

I think you lot just don't like it because you have to pay out for a laser diode which you get from a burner which cost all that money what a waste of a good burner and me get them for nothing say what you like but i am not the dick taking apart a burner to get one diode out of how sad can you get and you pay all that money for one diode LOL ;D what a joke you are.

  Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

























Privacy Policy | Advertising Disclaimer | Terms of Use


 


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:01 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Privacy Policy | Advertising Disclaimer | Terms of Use
Copyright (C) 2017 Laser Pointer Forums, LLC