Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: ~200mW 532nm handheld

Exerd

I would like to buy a 532nm handheld, preferably in the 200mW range, +/-.

I don't have a set price; I am interested in seeing unique builds and making corresponding offers.

Something in a light host using RCR123/16340 or 18650 would be nice, but not a must.

I am not interested in the larger handhelds with large finned heads. This will be pocket carried.

I will also consider buying your tested 532nm module alone!

The laser/module must be located in the US as I want to avoid any interaction with customs. I prefer that the laser I buy can be output proven on a LPM.

Thanks

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 8382

you're better looking for a torch like mine (see sig). I doubt you can get an smaller host and neither an smaller price...

Exerd

you're better looking for a torch like mine (see sig). I doubt you can get an smaller host and neither an smaller price...

The reason I am doing this is because the idea of keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that my laser jumps the border and gets to me, goes uneasy on me.

Then I either get a winning laser, or a loser of a pick.

I'm finding it more satisfying to know that I may have payed more, but that my laser will come from the US, and come at a tested power level instead of a lottery pick.

ZRTMWA

Welcome to the search! I've been looking since the end of summer 2009. Dave (Daguin) put an O-like 200mW module (metered around actual 200mW's) into an Aries host and sold it for $110 shipped!!!!!!! That made me so mad when I saw the thread and that it had already been sold.

I'm leaning towards trying to find a highly overspec Optotronics 150mW pen or putting an O-like 200mW into a Jayrob host.

ZRTMWA

The reason I am doing this is because the idea of keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that my laser jumps the border and gets to me, goes uneasy on me.

Then I either get a winning laser, or a loser of a pick.

I'm finding it more satisfying to know that I may have payed more, but that my laser will come from the US, and come at a tested power level instead of a lottery pick.

I haven't really heard of anyone getting their laser taken by customs in a while, especially a single laser. And never from Rayfoss. I think most of the time they ship in two pieces and label <5mW.

Exerd

I haven't really heard of anyone getting their laser taken by customs in a while, especially a single laser. And never from Rayfoss. I think most of the time they ship in two pieces and label <5mW.

I may be more paranoid than I should be, but that has never hurt me. :yh:

I am considering grabbing a host from Jayrob and going BR if no one puts anything up here.

D

Deleted member 8382

There are plenty of people in USA buying from Rayfoss without problem. I've only heard once of someone getting his lasers confiscated and he was trying to pass some dozens of pointers!

Honestly, you won't be disappointed. Trust me ;)

wow! laser fan from utica! im in joliet. not far. i didnt know they had internet out there!

Exerd

wow! laser fan from utica! im in joliet. not far. i didnt know they had internet out there!

Where I live in Utica, the internet has not made it. :p Thankfully we are covered by Verizon 3G service. Before the wireless service, the only thing available was dial-up, and the line was so many miles long that it would only achieve 16Kbs! Click on a page, and you better have something to do in the meantime, like make a pot of coffee. :crackup:

In Ottawa, where my office is, I am lucky to have a 12Mbit cable connection.

Im on the west side of joliet and I STILL cant get cable internet. I have a wifi antenna mounted on my roof I made out of a satellite dish picking up open networks from the houses around me!
Back to lasers...
Personally id go with something from o-like. (when her website comes back online)
Ive had the 150mw "torch" they offer and it was pretty nice for $100. I dont think i would go with anybodies 200mw. They dont seem to be very stable, reliable, or worth the significantly larger price. Here is how i would do it in stages.
1. LEDshoppe 50mw pointer (best laser you can EVER buy for $24)
2. Olike 150mw torch around $100
3. olike handheld 250mw non filtered (supposedly peaks at 400mw) $370
OR there are other alternatives for #2 like buying a 100-150mw module and getting a jayrob host (his 18650 host looks very nice although ive never tried it)
hope this helps!

I might be selling my o-like 200mW in rayfoss host soon. I'm in Russia though :cool:

And wow! I first visited US in 2005 and internet was like everywhere with lots of free WiFi spots too. I felt like I finally stepped out of stone age LOL So I'm surprised you guys have a hard time getting fast connection. After struggling here for years I now have a decent 6Mb/s cable for around $37/month, which is a decent price for this place.

well here in the midwest we only have 1 provider to choose from. and we pay nearly double. comcast has to see it profitable to run cable to certain houses or towns. for example i live in a farmhouse that was built in the late 1800's. we sold all of our land around our house so they could build neighborhoods. so now i am in the middle of a neighborhood and the only house in the neighborhood without cable. comcast would not pay the small extra cost to them to run it to my house while building the neighbors houses. now im forced to "borrow" what is being unsecurely broadcasted into my yard by surrounding households. i have been doing so for nearly 6 years and its great. havnt paid a penny!