Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Worried about customs seizing laser from sanwu

NocturnalSquid

Hi yall, I am considering purchasing a sanwu 5W laser. However I am concerned that the laser will get seized by US customs. I was wondering what the likelihood of this happening is as I really don't want to drop the money for it to be seized. Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,
Sometimes they do and dont its luck of the draw. many members here had great luck with Sanwu or Jet Lasers .
There a member here that deals in Jet lasers , Bothe Sanwu and Jet are good choices.
Rich:)

THANKS Rich-- JETLASERS uses the most expensive way to ship from China to the USA.

This is done NOT for quick delivery ... its done to make sure the laser has the best chance of being delivered un-opened.
Its 'smart money' to NEVER scrimp on shipping--JL has used both DHL and Fed EX- as has Sanwu-- both have had very few problems.
Interesting to note; when I ship TO JL China--- Gray asks me to use USPS and EMS/China post-- not totally sure why but so far no problems both going both ways.

IIRC JL had/has a 'dedicated DHL shipping agent'' employed.. HE seals the boxes with yellow tape that reads 'INSPECTED by DHL' and out of 15 plus boxes ->100 JLs- zero seizures- no open boxes--Pricy at 36$usd but worth every penny-- I think he takes them to DHL himself or has them picked up. .. You might need help filling out the LONG forms... very fine print-lots of things -- some is confusing and if you do it wrong ==might be a BIG mistake --when in doubt ask for help-- That way if there is a problem you will be able to say you sent the box as directed.

ps
the holidays in China are very long--not much biz gets done until the holiday is over--afaik both JL and Sanwu STILL work during these holidays.
But they are exceptions. Aliexpres/Laserpointer / etc are NOT who you want to buy from== &only a sucker would believe the specs.--
There is a good reason why very few other few sellers will honor warranty.

goodluck==len