Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wooo-hooo... 100mW of DPSS blue..(new pics on P2)

Ace82

Re: Wooo-hooo... 100mW of DPSS blue...

That is absolutly amazing! Thanks for clearing that up Gus! I'm sure that really helps with the cooling, having the power supply and driver seperate from the laser. Does the power supply also have a cooling fan? I would imagine so! Well anyway, I'm sure it's PERFECT for what you have planned for her anyway. :cool:

Ace82 said:
That is absolutly amazing!   Thanks for clearing that up Gus!  I'm sure that really helps with the cooling, having the power supply and driver seperate from the laser.  Does the power supply also have a cooling fan?  I would imagine so! Well anyway, I'm sure it's PERFECT for what you have planned for her anyway.  :cool:

Yeah, the psu has a fan as well as the giant heatsink on the bottom - it's a nice laser ;)

RGB spirograph patterns :)
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trpRRa9G6Mw&fmt=18[/media]

Cutting some electrical tape :)
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGCwrdWPM5Y[/media]

TacomanMcjab said:
It's time to change your signature.......

lol it's actually gooeygus's laser in my videos, my blue laser isn't here yet

the laser was at my place for output power testing

MarioMaster said:
[quote author=TacomanMcjab link=1227223833/0#18 date=1227407502]It's time to change your signature.......

lol it's actually gooeygus's laser in my videos, my blue laser isn't here yet

the laser was at my place for output power testing[/quote]
I think he was talking to GooeyGus  ;)

we will both be changing our signatures in the near future ;)

Re: Wooo-hooo... 100mW of DPSS blue..(new pics on

Here are a few more pictures I snapped! :cool: :cool: :cool:

000_0907.jpg

000_0909.jpg

000_0920.jpg

000b0951.jpg

That color is just awesome! A 100mW blue DPSS is high on my wish list.

What are those reflections? It looks like you're burning plastic.

Ace82

Nice pictures Gus, good to see your new camera in action.

it's the same model, however I'd not recommend buying from them after receiving two defective units in a row

That is a very nice looking laser! Congrats. Great photos, too.

Yes this laser is from extreme lasers. I hear dealing with them is a bit of a gamble, but I've also heard that everyone who has had problems with them was happy in the end. These units are made by CNI and are nice lasers, but I have a feeling that SOME of the ones sold on ebay may be returned/barely used units. I've seen other people who got the laser and the warranty stickers weren't there or they were ripped, things like that. But, like I said, most people who have problems with them get dealt with fairly and are happy in the end.

I got lucky... My unit makes a very very very steady 110mW... I've let it run for hours and after it warms up the power never depletes. All in all I think the ebay units are a pretty damn good deal, you just might have to send it back a couple times to get the unit you want.

I think Hemlock_mike got a unit from them... as well as mariomaster (but he's still trying to deal with them :-X )

Kage

GooeyGus said:
Yes this laser is from extreme lasers. I hear dealing with them is a bit of a gamble, but I've also heard that everyone who has had problems with them was happy in the end. These units are made by CNI and are nice lasers, but I have a feeling that SOME of the ones sold on ebay may be returned/barely used units. I've seen other people who got the laser and the warranty stickers weren't there or they were ripped, things like that. But, like I said, most people who have problems with them get dealt with fairly and are happy in the end.

I got lucky... My unit makes a very very very steady 110mW... I've let it run for hours and after it warms up the power never depletes. All in all I think the ebay units are a pretty damn good deal, you just might have to send it back a couple times to get the unit you want.

I think Hemlock_mike got a unit from them... as well as mariomaster (but he's still trying to deal with them :-X )

I thought these looked exactly like the CNI units. The normal retail on these is VERY expensive, but that one on ebay went for under $450. It might have been worth hassling with Extreme at that price, LOL.. ::)

Anyway, you seem to have an exceptionally good one there. I contacted ExtremeLasers thusly:

Hi,
Although this item appears to be an excellent deal so far, there is one little thing that bothers me, although this is a 100mW model, nowhere in your ad does it actually state that this particular laser laser outputs 100mW. Is it gauranteed to do so? or is this a factory second?
Thanks

This was their response:
There is no such a thing as "factory second" in the laser industry as far as I'm concerened. Either the laser passes QC or it's trashed.
The output for the BLM-100 follows laser nomenclature. Peak output 100mW, minimum 80mW. You can see it on our website.
-------------------------------------
Cordially,
Jure Slabic

So, as far as they are concerned, even if you paid 2 grand for one, 80mW is good enough... ::)

Kage said:
I thought these looked exactly like the CNI units.  The normal retail on these is VERY expensive, but that one on ebay went for under $450.  It might have been worth hassling with Extreme at that price, LOL.. ::)

Anyway, you seem to have an exceptionally good one there.  I contacted ExtremeLasers thusly:

Hi,
Although this item appears to be an excellent deal so far, there is one little thing that bothers me, although this is a 100mW model, nowhere in your ad does it actually state that this particular laser laser outputs 100mW. Is it gauranteed to do so? or is this a factory second?
Thanks

This was their response:
There is no such a thing as "factory  second" in the laser industry as far as I'm concerened. Either the laser passes QC or it's trashed.
The output for the BLM-100 follows laser nomenclature. Peak output 100mW, minimum 80mW. You can see it on our website.
-------------------------------------
Cordially,
Jure Slabic

So, as far as they are concerned, even if you paid 2 grand for one, 80mW is good enough... ::)

yea they seem to know what they're doing for the most part, but they claimed to test all lasers before shipping (and I received units with 5 and 50mW output powers respectively) so either they were trying to pawn off crappy units or they simply weren't tested. Maybe with enough hassle and returned units I may have gotten one that was good, but I got fed up and wanted a refund instead. Then they tried to stick me with a restocking fee. That's the point where I filed a paypal claim. I'm still awaiting settlement on that end.