Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Warn! cheapest green laser pointer

S

SenKat

No problems ! I look forward to seeing the results of this ! :)

Warnlaser - here's the plain and simple deal:

Right now, we have every reason to believe your high power green lasers are junk Spymode lasers that put out a fraction of their stated output, bundled with tons of IR and an oversaturated crystal. You can tell us anything you want about your other customers - it means absolutely nothing to us.

If you are confident in your products, you can send one off for real testing and we can determine if there is any reason to believe you. Until then, you sell nothing of value in my mind, and there's no reason to even consider buying from you. If a test comes back, vindicating your >150mW lasers (which I doubt will happen), THEN I will be interested in your company and consider purchasing a laser. If the test affirms you are a reseller of cruddy lasers... well, you can guess where that would go.

So until you make the first move, you're guilty until proven innocent (IMO).

Daedal

Hello all...

Warn lasers delivered this morning... it was actually about an hour or so ago. ;)

Yes, this is a pretty good laser. I have not taken any beam shots or whatnot, but will do all that tonight. The laser is the exact same one that I have bought from an eBay seller a while back. The laser itself is very good, but it just wasn't what I wanted to dissect (leadlight) and thus I returned it for a refund.

A full review is being typed up and will be posted momentarily. :)

--DDL

Daedal, thanks for the update. I'd appreciate it if you could please post a picture of the actual laser body. Thanks.

Daedal said:
Hi DDL,
Thanks for putting it up.
I read and commented on it in that thread, but I wanted to add a little more.

After reading what you put up so far, I'm not at all impressed with this pointer.
It sounds to me from reading the review, that if it were IR filtered, the amount of 532nm power would be somewhat less than 30mW, is this true? if so what is your estimate based on known output levels of other lasers you have access to?

I had asked about the name of the sender, was it warnlasers or something else?
Do you think they were drop shipped from a source other than warnlasers?

I would think that to get their name cleared, they would have sent you a pre-tested and verified 30mW laser as they are not hard to come by.

Jack

Daedal

Hi Jack;

From looking at the laser pointer and comparing it's brightness on a black matte surface with a 20mW, 30mW, and the X-85... I can easily tell that the X-85 is MUCH brighter, but it seems brighter than the Atlas Nova 30mW... With the IR filter, I tried testing it using a photodiode and the output was in fact brighter than the 30mW. Both had new lithiums and were allowed to warm up. The WARNLaser tends to have a neat jump in the beginning... it's quite bright at first... but then it averages around the 30mW.

For the name of the sender... feel free to see for yourself in the picture below... :-/

--DDL

Attachments

• EMS_LABEL.jpg
    EMS_LABEL.jpg
    754.3 KB · Views: 502