Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Death of the Mighty Steed

So, I was picking up my daughter at the airport. I was in my little Toyota Solara, which has been a trusty used car we got from a friend. She's got ~168K miles on her. We've hardly had to do anything to it in the 2+ years we've had her.

Well, the little Toyota, named Stella, suffered a fatal injury, and has mere days to live. She spun a crankshaft bearing. That's it...check, please.

So, it's time to sell some more lasers. I've got to save up for a new car...

Sorry to hear about your loss but on the good side, gives you an opportunity to build more lasers in the future. i know you have some amazing stuff built and members will be fighting to get their hands on it.

Sorry to hear your valorous steed has suffered a mortal wound.

You'll be back on the proverbial horse in no time!

I know that feeling bro... When some unexpected event happens and you've got to sell something you like a lot.

Just don't sell "La Spada Verdi". I still remember when avatar was a pic of it.. :D

Everything will turn out fine you'll see :wave:

Last edited:
Ah you can rebuild the bottom end. Your crank may even still be fine. Provided it didn't mess up your block.

Thanks, all. There is no way I'm selling off anything from my personal collection. I have some Kryton hosts in stock, and 5 MS-SSW's, all ready for your builds. I can save some each week, and for now we can stay with just one car.

She's limping along, for now. I will just drive her until she can give no more. The SO is gonna lease a Honda in the meantime. We have done well as a one-car family, but with my job changing, it's time to become a two-car family.

Speedy, I hear ya, but as I work 6 days a week, I have neither the time, nor inclination to rebuild the motor in this car. It's time to let her go and find a trusty new horse.

Hey, SBA

Sorry to hear about the loss in your family. BUT....on the bright side, at least she didn't die outright and leave you and your daughter stranded. And also good is that it didn't happen when wife or daughter was depending on reliable transport alone or at night. That's a good thing. Bottom line is that your family is fine, and this is a financial bump in your road. I'm sure you'll find a creative solution to this....you seem very resourceful and capable. :beer:

If you're still driving her, just remember to keep it to short trips and don't push your luck......towing ain't cheap, my friend.

Hope you find another good, reliable ride for not too much $$$. :)

That sucks man, but you never know, maybe something good will come from it.

So, I was picking up my daughter at the airport. I was in my little Toyota Solara, which has been a trusty used car we got from a friend. She's got ~168K miles on her. We've hardly had to do anything to it in the 2+ years we've had her.

Well, the little Toyota, named Stella, suffered a fatal injury, and has mere days to live. She spun a crankshaft bearing. That's it...check, please.

So, it's time to sell some more lasers. I've got to save up for a new car...

Stellar almost made it to the MOON!!!!

ga8c.png

Last edited: