Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Adjustable Voltage Regulator

danq

Pyro, your link on your original waay back there is correctly formed in the source... at least when I copy it in a reply. So something is automatically translating it into that bad reference! Which if true strikes me as... well, kind of like attaching your LD directly to a battery, using paper clips.

other than that... I don't get it - why is everybody so friggin' grumpy?

yes, I know about That Place and He-Who-Shall-Not-Be Named ;)

me, I checked it out and I'm mostly back here... partly just because this format is cleaner and easier for my old eyes :eek:... among other stuff... and I'm gonna let the people who want to mess with all that other shtuff, do it... and otherwise just be me.

And me is... well, I ain't naturally grumpy! :)

of course - I'm just an old guy - been around a bit, so seen a lot of things that looked more dire than all that... geeze, lighten up and LASE!
:D
DanQ

danq said:
Pyro, your link on your original waay back there is correctly formed in the source...

Yes, it is, but that URL seems to be censored. :(

@Gazoo, I do feel the need to apologize for my smartas s statement in reply #15. That was uncalled for, and also that you took my quoting you as a slap in the face. That was not my intent.

However, I cannot apologize for being a member of several forums, neither can I for posting the most current link wherever the info may reside.
I don't feel the need to dig through several 20+ page threads and post 5+ links just so that I don't link to a different domain.

I hope you can understand my point of view, even if you don't agree with me.

It saddens me that you insult my character, even if I was a bit of a smartass about it.

Gazoo

Thank you. When someone feels like they are slapped in the face, there is bound to be a reaction. I know you have a good character so I did not understand why you had slapped me..lol. But it's only a forum. I apologize too for not taking it to PM in the first place. That was totally my fault.

I know you agree the drama between the two forums has been incredible and uncalled for. I do understand you are a member of LE and so am I, I have no qualms about that. And I don't have any problem with you or anyone else participating in any other forum. It would be ridiculous for me to put anyone down for it. That is not what I am about and that was not my point. We can agree to disagree and still get along...sometimes constructive disagreement is a good thing. Anyway, let's move on and get back to lasers. And yes i understand your position even if I don't totally agree with you. :)

I ordered a Pioneer 115D today, and I am crossing my nuts it has an open can diode... ;D

Agreed, let's get back to lasers.

Gazoo said:
I ordered a Pioneer 115D today, and I am crossing my nuts it has an open can diode... ;D

While I try to avoid that particular condition, I will cross a couple fingers and/or toes for you.

Gazoo

Hopefully the agony I am going through will be worth it..lol. It will be very interesting to compare it against the diode I am using now, which came out of the 18X 112D. I am hoping it will be more powerful, but I am not going to bet on it.