Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rifle445 From Lazerer

btw is there any way to "make" a laser waterproof easily?
by adding orings or something
thanks

It can be done but if your planning on making this host waterproof I wouldn't get your hopes up. This host would need quite a bit of machine work for o-ring seal placement and sealing the focus.

Hi guys, Im new to the forum, and lasers in general. Let me just say that everyone seems very knowledgeable and friendly here at LPF, great atmosphere.

That being said, I've been looking around the forum, google, and various laser retailers to get a feel of what its about and whats out there. And Ive decided that the 1W 445nm rifle from lazerer.com might be a good start for me. I was looking for an all around laser in about the price range of their deluxe set $200 that included batteries, charger, design tips, safety glasses etc.

The reviews seem to be pretty positive about this laser, with the only variation of under/over speced.

So does anybody have any input about whether this is a good starter? Im looking for an exotic bright color(anything not red is exotic to me) with visible beam, burning potential, focus-able which seems to be a desired feature and a kit which includes batteries, charger, tips, and safety glasses for no more than $250 shipped.

Also Yobresal mentioned that some of the components were kinda crappy. The only thing Ive never used is a soldering gun, but other than that I am very handy with tools and electronics so modifying the driver is out of the question at this point, maybe later for a DIY. But he said he replaced the lens, is that possible without having to un/resolder anything. From what I understand about lasers so far is that the lenses are separate from the diode. Please correct me if Im wrong and lead me down the laser lit path to truth.

Thanks for reading if youve made it this far, and hello to everyone at LPF.

Hi guys, Im new to the forum, and lasers in general. Let me just say that everyone seems very knowledgeable and friendly here at LPF, great atmosphere.

That being said, I've been looking around the forum, google, and various laser retailers to get a feel of what its about and whats out there. And Ive decided that the 1W 445nm rifle from lazerer.com might be a good start for me. I was looking for an all around laser in about the price range of their deluxe set $200 that included batteries, charger, design tips, safety glasses etc.

The reviews seem to be pretty positive about this laser, with the only variation of under/over speced.

So does anybody have any input about whether this is a good starter? Im looking for an exotic bright color(anything not red is exotic to me) with visible beam, burning potential, focus-able which seems to be a desired feature and a kit which includes batteries, charger, tips, and safety glasses for no more than $250 shipped.

Also Yobresal mentioned that some of the components were kinda crappy. The only thing Ive never used is a soldering gun, but other than that I am very handy with tools and electronics so modifying the driver is out of the question at this point, maybe later for a DIY. But he said he replaced the lens, is that possible without having to un/resolder anything. From what I understand about lasers so far is that the lenses are separate from the diode. Please correct me if Im wrong and lead me down the laser lit path to truth.

Thanks for reading if youve made it this far, and hello to everyone at LPF.

If you want beam visibility green is the way to go. I think laserer offers some focusable greens on the site so you could also burn with them well. Heres a link to one LZMN - 532nm 200mW Focusable Green Laser Pointer. if you like the rifle design they have those too http://lazerer.com/Green_Laser_Pointer?product_id=158

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions SurpentSlayer, I got antsy and ordered the 445 rifle :D

Anyone have any advice about replacing the lens?

Thanks.

I got the deluxe package which comes with glasses. On a review I read about this setup, a member said his nice glasses which he said were OSD+4(not sure if that acronym is correct) were only a little better than the included glasses which he believe to be OSD? +3

Not sure if its been done, but maybe users who have the proper equipment can rate glasses included in kits that probably dont come with specs.

Last edited:

AltayR

@TheGreenGiant88
I bought this laser recently and has a HUGE burning capability,it burned almost all i tried to burn, but if u really want a very visible beam, dont get blue,seriously,i think it does have 2 miles range at most, very low for 1 watt. I think this is because of the divergence of the beam,the more far u point the more big the dot gets so if u point very far the dot will be huge and will lose lots of power, making blue lasers in general very bad for pointing,so, is there anyway to change this crappy divergency? i would really like to point far as hell :D
And about the glasses, i think glasses are kinda good, when using it i dont see laser beam and the dots seems to be much smaller and it turns to purple.
PD: I'm having problems with this laser default batteries(I hope it is batteries problem (16430x2)), mi laser turns off and on intermittenly after few mins using, its really annoying
Greetings

Last edited:
Use a small battery spacer between the tail cap and last battery.

AltayR

Use a small battery spacer between the tail cap and last battery.

What can i use as a small battery spacer?
PD: Isn't better a single 18650 battery? Maybe i need this one because the problem is in batteries contact, isnt it?

Last edited: