Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Renkforce RF-LP-500 laser pointer pen review

the Renkforce RF-LP-500 laserpointer is a classic pen styled laser pointer. it runs on two AAA batteries. the batteries are includet. the laser pointer pen is black and silver colored.

it is, like most green lasers, a dpss laser. the laser pointer comes in a nice metallic case.

1707314959072.jpeg

the inner of the case originally had black foam but for some reason they replaced it with cardboard. i think its because of the climate change.

1707315132394.jpeg

the case includes the batteries, a manual, the laser of course and some multilanguage warning labels

1707315289086.jpeg

here is a close up of the english one:

1707315323630.jpeg

the laser pointer it self feels great and not cheap. it is, like said before a classic pen styled laser pointer. only difference is the battery-compartment being silver colored instead of black. the host is, besides the black softtouch surface full metal. even the button is metal.

1707315486276.jpeg

the beam has a nice focus and also the power is great. not so strong that it is burning but bright enought to see a dim beam when its completly dark. the visible beam is very dim. you have to focus on seeing it or else you eyes probably wont recognize the beam.

the laser claims to be 1 mW. the real power is unknown to me. i dont have a laser power meter to measure it.

1707316002683.jpeg

this laser has a ir-filter, which is kinda rare for pen styled laser pointers.

i got this filter here from my broken Renkforce RF-LP-500. i have a new RF-LP-500 laser.

1707316167527.jpeg

here is a test on my led-strip remote

it successfully filters out the ir light!

1707316225004.jpeg

Conclusion:

i think that this is a really hight quality laser pointer pen. maybe one of the best. it isnt a overpowered laser where you can see the dot in like 100 meters away in daylight and burn stuff but it is a high quality one.
I would definitely buy this laser again if it would break again. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a high quality laser pen.

the inner of the case originally had black foam but for some reason they replaced it with cardboard. i think its because of the climate change.

I'm not sure if you meant this as a joke but I find it funny.
In this world, I would expect that a change like that would be due to cost savings more than consideration of long-term stability of global ecosystems.

This style of laser pointer housing became widespread in the 2000s. Many of us here probably have a handful laying around somewhere. I have at least one. Beware of the black coating - over time the rubber deteriorates and becomes sticky.
I've never seen one of these with an IR filter included, so it does seem like someone put more effort into designing this laser than similar products.

Nice review.

I'm not sure if you meant this as a joke but I find it funny.
In this world, I would expect that a change like that would be due to cost savings more than consideration of long-term stability of global ecosystems.
Ur right. I didn't thought of it when writing. I thought of climate change because many companys here in germany are doing such things because of the climate change. Some even get forced. Like if you are a producer of straws, you have to produce paper straws now because plastic straws are banned.