Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Red laser diode > 2000mw

CUDICIO1971

good morning everyone, I need help in finding a laser diode with a power greater than 2000mw.
thanks in advance

That HL63520HD is a dual beam diode

Double-red-beam.jpg

There's also the ML562G84 triple beam diode

IMG-4683.jpg

I don't think you can get >2W red from a single diode and have a single beam. Either multiple beams or multiple diodes combined into one beam

That HL63520HD is a dual beam diode

Double-red-beam.jpg

There's also the ML562G84 triple beam diode

IMG-4683.jpg

I don't think you can get >2W red from a single diode and have a single beam. Either multiple beams or multiple diodes combined into one beam
This was my thought as well. Only combinations of diodes will get you that kind of output power unless you don't mind the multiple beams. Good luck to you.

Lasertree sells a 2.1 watt, single emitter red diode with both linear and square FAC options available

If space isn't an issue and you would rather deal with a more complicated and expensive method with inferior results... you can bounce, wave rotate and PBS combine the two beams on a dual beam red to a single beam but clearly this would only have certain applications or clinical mental conditions where that method would make sense.

Lasertree has a 2.4W dual beam 638nm diode with both square and line FAC, I would guess a square FAC would be ideal to combine the two beams since the profiles of each beam would overlap resulting in a square single beam output rather than a + shape. The FAC'd output would also allow more room to combine the beams before the beam size exceeds the PBS surface.

But again, combining beams would only make sense if you have a dark side which likes struggle and additional cost also with the additional expense of inferior output as a bonus (yay!).

Last edited:
Who's gonna get one? I'm curious to see if they have managed to source >2W single emitter diodes

Nairod

What about the GH06C01A9G ? How far can it go ? I see nothing about this diode
Also the HL63283HD
Both are single beam

Last edited:
What about the GH06C01A9G ? How far can it go ? I see nothing about this diode
Also the HL63283HD
Both are single beam
The GH06C01A9G is a relatively new diode and nobody has posted using one yet, it would be interesting to see how high it can go when overdriven. However, it is rated at 1.2W and this thread is discussing options (or lack thereof) of red diodes that produce over 2W. It would be interesting to find out if the GH06C01A9G can produce over 2W overdriven.