Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Quick PHR-805 build

Sorry for answering my own question here but I figured it out...the batteries I got had just a hair of plastic sticking over the negative side and thus were not connecting to the host. I inserted a small earth magnet onto the neg side of the battery and we're back in business...can't seem to focus this bad boy to a small point however...it gets a ring around it. Looks kinda neat but I can't get it to light a match :(

You probably have the lens in backwards..

I wish it were that simple...that being said it was kinda need to see what does happen with the lens in backwards. It's pretty cool that I can basically make this thing a flashlight. Also I noticed when I did that and looked at the 1-2 foot circle it produced that it was dirty? Kinda looked like molecules in a petri dish...maybe that's why I'm losing power and not focusing well??

It does focus into a dot and can focus beyond that back out but the dot seems to have a circle around it

You probably have the lens in backwards..
THIS is what I would say is the problem:beer:

I wish it were that simple...that being said it was kinda need to see what does happen with the lens in backwards. It's pretty cool that I can basically make this thing a flashlight. Also I noticed when I did that and looked at the 1-2 foot circle it produced that it was dirty? Kinda looked like molecules in a petri dish...maybe that's why I'm losing power and not focusing well??

It does focus into a dot and can focus beyond that back out but the dot seems to have a circle around it

That was my issue...the focus knob gets in the way. When I take the knob off I can focus it to a point nice and close to my laser for burning, and I can screw it out to have it focused nicely. I can't, however, do it with the knob on.
Is there an easy fix for this? I think I saw somewhere someone milling down the knobs to be thinner but I don't have access to a mill.