Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Question for those who may know about LPM coatings.

I have started testing with the nubm arrays and need a meter to read 250W or so, I thought I could use a C02 meter take a reading of a known output 450nm 2-7W and apply the differential factor to testing with arrays of the same wavelength, I assume it's the absorbency of the coating that's the reason 450nm wouldn't measure the same as 10200nm, can I compensate based on a 2-7W test or would the percentage of difference not be linear for some reason when testing 100W+

I expect for comparing before and after optics it would work just fine to determine the percentage of lost power, but I would also like to get a ballpark number as well.

Same unit for less $$$ > https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...xp_id=90f33672-6f3d-4fd0-aeb3-135f4c723c75-11

Last edited:

Anthony P

I can loan you one of those CO2 meters to try. PM if interested. I would not mind having an answer to that question myself.

Have you tried testing a known 450nm laser with your co2 meter ?
If so how did your reading compare ?

---edit---

Someone told me the C02 hand helds like that are slow and have to cool down between taking a reading, makes sense, I think I will keep looking for a bargain on a used water cooled head, someone linked me one that outputs 0.1mv per 1W so they will be easy to read with a multi-meter just like my little ophir.

Last edited:

Anthony P

I do not have access to a meter for lowish wattage diodes. The CO2 meter is a single shot meter... expose to beam for about 5-10 seconds til it beeps, read it, and let it cool down a few minutes.