Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NUBM37 Blaster

I'm joining the big boys now! My NUBM35 blaster was fun but now I've finally made it into the +100W handheld club. The laser won't win any beauty pageants but it was made with simplicity in mind. A 3/4" aluminum square tube was run along the top and bottom of the laser and make up the frame of the laser, everything else just bolts up to that in what I thought would be the most effective use of the space.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

The array sits on top of a 1/2" thick block of copper and it's attached to one of the biggest Noctua finned heatsinks I could find. The fan inside is a massive 140mm fan rated for 308cfm, I don't know how accurate that is, but it really screams!

4.jpg

The MOSFET for power switching is an IRFP250N and it stays quite cool even without the heat sink. Next to it is a DC-DC converter to provide the 12V for the 3 fans. On the right are four LM338's set up as current regulators providing 3A to the array, there's one per row.

5.jpg

6.jpg

The batteries are two 4S 6500mAh packs that are good for 100C continuous discharge and are wired in series.

7.jpg

The push button trigger controls the MOSFET for firing the laser and the blue led switch is the safety.

8.jpg

9.jpg

The beam is visible outside in the daytime!

10.jpg

I DECLARE THIS YARD BLUE

11.jpg

12.jpg

The camera sensor gets pretty blown out by all the blue light but as soon as it's switched off you can see the jet of flame coming out of the 2X4.

13.jpg

Looks at those beams!

Very nice. (y)
I'm sure you could go to 3.5 or 4A no problem.

Something I like to do is put a shroud around the array to cut down on side spray and lens flair, you could 3D print a box with an output opening and this will also give you a place to mount lenses.

A lens is my next project, I left a portion of the aluminum tube sticking out at the front as a mounting point for it, just need to get around to making it. Despite being a fairly straight forward project, it took what felt like hours to solder everything together. Thankfully I haven't released any of the magic smoke from any of the components yet.

I like the slant grip up front, although you might decide you like a vertical grip better and it would free up a little bit of rail as well or you could add some extensions if needed, speaking of which your rail design gives you adjustability, it's a good design.
What kind of 3D printer do you have ?

Photon Master

Wow dude that’s amazing. I’ve been a serious laser guy (15 laser collection) since I got my first blue from Rick Trent many years ago. I might reach out to him to see if he could build one of these.

The energy density in the beam is wild, focused down to a spot it will melt concrete haha. The lens attachment just slides onto the end of the frame and is held on by friction for a quick and easy install and removal.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Punches through soda cans like nothing, just rotate the can and it'll cut it in half in 10secs flat!

Last edited:

Photon Master

Ha I’m living vicariously through these pictures. The can burning reminds me a bit of my Turbine Torcher

Very nice, that came out looking good, now you could make a beam expander attachment if you wanted too.
Yes it's amazing what a bunch of these blue lasers will do when focused into a small spot, I did this with a 14 chip and this is one of the thick blades.
Remember those laser safety glasses are a must.
SANY6286.JPG

ruffruggednraw

damn, that’s the coolest laser pointer laser tag fun build I’ve ever seen… man your awsome
This shit has me in awe…. Can’t wait to build… thnx for sharing pix