Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Styro video today.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
It’s quite frightening how cheap and how high production is now for 1kw+ fiber laser sources. I’m currently looking at two fibre sources for work in order to put forward a grant application. I’m looking at a 1kW fibre + 150w co2 hybrid laser machine and a 3 in 1 fibre welding, cleaning, cutting system. Chinese Raycus modules are starting to really become affordable to more business types than they were before.

wizardbizzoom

Just watched the new Styro video and, wow, I'm blown away! The power and precision of these lasers are seriously next-level stuff. It's crazy to think that such advanced technology is becoming more accessible and affordable.
I was checking out the 1kW fiber + 150w CO2 hybrid laser machine and the 3-in-1 fiber welding, cleaning, cutting system – both are pretty impressive. It's amazing how these Chinese Raycus modules are changing the game, making it easier for businesses of all sizes to get into high-tech laser work.

That was awesome!!!

Only $14K on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/186260855476
Actually we could play along for 6K and a couple of optics and misc PVC... and a power supply you can easily make.

These are only getting less expensive and more compact, in a decade or less as battery technology evolves for the auto industry we will see portable hand held laser welders similar in size to a cordless drill....... I only hope they will be 1550nm and not 1064 like these are.

Also these 1-3KW sources are pumped from both ends, if you want really excellent beam quality then a MOPA system is the way to go.

Fiber_Laser.jpg

MOPA Master Oscillator Pump Amplified systems use a high quality single mode seed laser and amplify it through a length of double clad erbium/ytterbium doped active fiber.

All-fiber-laser-system-with-MOPA-configuration.jpg

Last edited:

kecked

Next we need to be able to project fire suppression over the same distance to not burn down the forest. I would not trust myself with such a toy. Squirrel what squirel Why does that deer have a tattoo. Opps flat tire on neighbors lawn tractor.
Why is my wives ice tea boiling…..