Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

new moderator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, some of these posts are sounding like broken records. Maybe this thread should be moved to the vets section, so we can cast off the chaff.

Man, some of these posts are sounding like broken records. Maybe this thread should be moved to the vets section, so we can cast off the chaff.

Tell me about it. The poll is stupid in my opinion. Wasn't started by Avery or Simon

Wow I'm very sorry to hear you are for censorship by suggesting we should be forbiden to talk out our differances, thats sad !
I'm also sorry to hear you are not having any fun here any more as I find new things every day that I didn't know and I find it here. I make new friends almost every day and think this forum is moving forward.
Sorry to hear your head is still in a dark place, I hope you get better soon best wishes :)

@ T_J I agree 100% it's starting to drag out noting but bad, whats with that ?

@ Crazy Jay I think it was started by cOld...

I agree that a second moderator is needed. Someone who will instantly squash any drama of any kind. Disagreements are ok, but when they start turning into fights, they need to be put down instantly, not by egging it on or putting in their $.02, but by closing the thread and forbidding any further discussion on the topic. I'm not sure there is anyone mentioned that can do that. To be TOTALLY impartial and upright.

I have been on this forum for 4 years and NEVER has this forum been so little fun. Days of our lives is more entertaining. No more furthering the hobby, just petty bickering.

Last edited:
If a 2nd mod is required I would suggest a mature calm veteran member that can
read between the BS and can be fair without involving his own personal issues...
Something on the lines of Daguin....:cool: (there are definitely others)

The time zone issue does not seem a big problem as far as I've seen...
Forum issues seem to be handled quick enough by you and Simon... IMO..:cool:

Do we really need instant Mod responses... :thinking:
After all.... LPF is not a Quickie Mart.... :whistle:

Jerry
Dave should have no problem adapting to the nocturnal ways.:cool:

HIMNL9

lots of good feedback suggestions here all

i am still recovering from dental emergency has been a brutal week w/ fevers and pain

one other idea, just throwing it out there, could potentially add two moderators, maybe one for just off-topic, one for lasers, or split duties between the two ppl?

if someone wants to make a poll about mod candidates from what has been posted in this thread so far please feel free to go ahead, the new moderator will not neccarily be who wins the poll but it would help organize feedback a bit more

we could potentially have a 2nd poll after this one, to see if ppl think there should be 2 moderators operating on different sections of the site, or just 1

Been in some places where there are more mods, or as they call them "staff members" ..... like 7 or 8, i mean, a bit from any part of the world (i'm also part in one) .....

They don't have full mod powers ..... can edit/move/delete/close/open posts, can check contents of reserved area and discuss all together there, but cannot ban peoples nor other similar things, nor change forum parameters, and all that what they do remain logged for the admins/mods, including the "deleted" threads, that are simply "shifted" in the trashcan til the admins don't decide to remove them permanently (or repost them, if needed) .....

This helps a lot in keeping the forum moderated, without give too much power to too much peoples ..... and anyway, if one of them "go crazy", that can be reported and admin can remove the staff privileges without problems ..... maybe you can use an usergroup with privileges, if this option is not already in the control panel, but you need to check your VBulletin version, for see if this is possible.

Do you think that something similar can work also here, or just cause more problems ?

Been in some places where there are more mods, or as they call them "staff members" ..... like 7 or 8, i mean, a bit from any part of the world (i'm also part in one) .....

They don't have full mod powers ..... can edit/move/delete/close/open posts, can check contents of reserved area and discuss all together there, but cannot ban peoples nor other similar things, nor change forum parameters, and all that what they do remain logged for the admins/mods, including the "deleted" threads, that are simply "shifted" in the trashcan til the admins don't decide to remove them permanently (or repost them, if needed) .....

This helps a lot in keeping the forum moderated, without give too much power to too much peoples ..... and anyway, if one of them "go crazy", that can be reported and admin can remove the staff privileges without problems ..... maybe you can use an usergroup with privileges, if this option is not already in the control panel, but you need to check your VBulletin version, for see if this is possible.

Do you think that something similar can work also here, or just cause more problems ?

No... the less work for Avery the better. That's what I have noticed. He wants someone who can take care of it all with the minimum from him.
Correct me if I'm wrong

I think A second mod is absolutely required.

As for a suggestion... hmm... I would have to say dave, but that all depends on who can offer me the best benefits >=)

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Crazy Jay yes u are kinda of right, my main focus which can sometimes can hours of work a day is maintaining the server (security,upgrades,patches,backups,recovery testing) and ASA firewall

having 2nd mod (or 3rd too) would hopefully reduce the petty issues of fighting / disputes that i don't really have time to handle efficiently each and every time

I would suggest one of the kindest people in the forum: Photonaholic :angel:

That is very kind of you to say that, But I own one forum and have accepted a moderator position at another a couple months ago.

My summer business also prohibits me from having the kind of free time I usually have during the colder months.

This forum is one of the most active forums I have ever had the pleasure of participating in and LPF really needs someone who can devote a lot of time keeping up with all the activity.

3 or 4 moderators here would really be the ideal number, one in the North American EASTERN time zone, One in the western time zone, one in Europe and one in Australia (being the best choice since English is the spoken language there)

I have been on this forum for 4 years and NEVER has this forum been so little fun. Days of our lives is more entertaining. No more furthering the hobby, just petty bickering.

I couldn't agree more, even if I do manage to get "sucked in" to the senseless ramblings at times, I just banned a member at ssnakess.com for starting a "drama thread" then going to another forum and slandering the one I moderate at.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8382

jay, do you also have a problem with me starting the poll? Is there anything I do which doesn't get me in the "idiot and moron" position?

Now that same group wants to hide away again in the "veterans" corner and do things in secret. Just like cockroaches.

Hi Bob, Sorry But I don't really post in the Vets section much at all.

Lately I have been too busy to post anywhere.:rolleyes:

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
lets try and keep this one positive overall and no fighting, closing thread for ppl to vote in the other thread

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Closed due to arguing, please got to the other thread to vote as there are now two threads about this.

EDIT: Double thread close - thanks Avery. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.