Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Member First Build HELP!

I'm trying to build a burning laser and just started learning about lasers after getting a 50mw (probably not) violet laser online. Can anyone line me to some builds or burning lasers with parts list because I'm not good with all this stuff without knowing. I'm not trying to spend a lot of money one this though 50-75$ someone please help.

In my opinion the cheapest one would be a c6 445nm blue build. that was my first and second one. however it will cost you a bit more than $75, here is a list of what I purchased:
Blue m140 diode in module with leads and 3 elemental lens from dtr for $68 incl shipping
aurora c6 diy host from dx $10.90
1.25A driver from dx ~$2 (you can get better ones from members here depending on your budget they will be around $10-$20 ie dtr sells some too, but if you get a higher current you will get more power and will need right heat sinking
C6 heatsink from eudaimonium $10
2 3.7V 16340 batteries and charger from ebay ~$6
and I already had glasses but if not you must get one before you build a high power burning laser

Overall the cost is less than $100 and will give you a 1W+ laser.

Thanks, but want is dtc (still got to get used to these abbreviations like I had to for reddit) and I used to think the glasses were useless but after seeing everyone say they need the glasses it seems very important.

IsaacT

Dtr is a member. Not sure where dtc came from. Search "DTR's Laser Shop" on google. He is a good member to get parts from. You dont need to do a 445 as your first build. Buy a cheap diode, an aixiz module, and a project box. Doesnt have to be fancy. Create an LM317 driver to control the current. Search "laser driver it can be done" to find a guide.