Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"New" Here

NOz88

Hi all, after many years of lurking in this forum I have decided to finally make an account. I have been fascinated with lasers since I was a child and I am now in my early twenties and it still fascinates me as if I was a child again. I own several lasers ranging from 1mW to a lot more (might go into detail another day). However, I know that I am not done collecting and I eventually want to start building them myself because I feel like it could be a form of therapy for me. You all have helped me when I was a child and even as an adult so I would like to thank you even if you are new here too. Have a wonderful day. - NOz88

julianthedragon

Welcome! I too am an early twenty-something who got hooked on lasers as a kid and still has the bug. I'm still learning a lot just like you especially when it comes to building, but I hope I can help in some way. Feel free to share more about your collection when you're ready

NOz88

Thank you Julian. That's awesome, I am glad to hear all of that and your inspiration to help. I definitely will when I get what's coming. It appears that you and I are both located in NJ too.

Welcome to your official membership in LPF NOz88, we're all beamaholics here, so don't be shy about sharing pics, video, thoughts about the lasers you have and the ones you are still dreaming about.
As always, safety 1st :cool:

NOz88

Welcome to your official membership in LPF NOz88, we're all beamaholics here, so don't be shy about sharing pics, video, thoughts about the lasers you have and the ones you are still dreaming about.
As always, safety 1st :cool:
Thank you for the welcome! I definitely won't be shy and I appreciate all of that. I just feel like I am less knowledgeable than most people on here, but I'm sure I'll fit right in.

julianthedragon

Thank you Julian. That's awesome, I am glad to hear all of that and your inspiration to help. I definitely will when I get what's coming. It appears that you and I are both located in NJ too.
Sounds great! And nice, there is a surprising number of laser enthusiasts, photographers, and builders here I’ve noticed.

Eidetical

Welcome. Two places local to you where you can see lots of holograms are Holographic Studios in Manhattan run by my friend (and fellow "character") Jason Sapan. Jason's been involved in lasers and holography since being a high school kid in the '60s. The other is Holocenter in Kingston, NY. They focus on art holography. Holography offers rewarding and well-paid career work for those who like playing with laser light.

I have been lucky enough to have seen many famous holograms in my lifetime. I collected several, but then passed them onto my daughter. Over the years she lost them in the many times that she moved. Probably should have kept them until she got older.