Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Long term project...FINISHED [pic heavy]

Well that and you need to be willing to spend money. A lot of people here don't like spending money. (Not meant as a bad thing) A lot of the things I have are unique, but I also spent a lot of money and time on them. You can't be afraid to spend money in this hobby if you want something nice. Though I also have a small advantage in being able to fix a lot of these things too. Being able to do DPSS for example.

Last edited:

Everyone has different budgets. You really think others don't like spending money?

Budget certainly is a factor too, as well as time to invest, and many other things. But I do know for a fact most of people (at least that I talk to) generally aren't willing to spend as much as me to get things that I have, because I've asked. Don't get me wrong, its not an insult or anything. I'm just stating the experiences I've had. most people can't, or are unwilling to drop a grand or more on a laser for their hobby. There's no shame in that.

You are right for sure. The people I talk with think $100 is crazy to spend on a laser. I thought you we're talking about this community not general public.

Update!

Cleaned the brewsters and got a boost, however testing in currentt mode has always been higher. After cleaning, current mode game me over 90mW! Adjusted the light feedback and it now maxes at about 80mW now. I set it this way to protect its lifespan. I'll have to test the tube voltage and current later and reset everything by hand afterall...what a pain. But holy cow for huge amounts of white! Got two more lines in steady, though weak at 676 and 496 bringing the total up to 7 lines.

Last edited:
Yeah it peaked at 98.1mW. Just re-tuned the max to 75 ish. I've seen new ones do 130mW. Very healthy after 7 months of work. It's insanely bright. Goes to show, that not giving up, and having the time and knowledge, and some money, and a little faith, can sometimes yield excellent surprises.

Edit: got 472 to pop back in as well, though very faint.

Last edited:

vk2fro

Nice work Ultimate - just makes me want to hurry along and build/buy a power supply for my omnichrome 643 :)

Nice work Ultimate - just makes me want to hurry along and build/buy a power supply for my omnichrome 643 :)

Thanks. If you need help let me know. Sams faq has some good test supply designs, and I have another PSU that just needs some probably minor repairs. Might be a good start for you, or if not you can use it for the parts you can't get anywhere else.

vk2fro

That could end up being expensive to ship to Australia though - what model is the supply that needs repair?

vk2fro

Yep further study lead me to that conclusion. Been doing tonnes of research on the head to see what works and what doesnt :)

Budget certainly is a factor too, as well as time to invest, and many other things. But I do know for a fact most of people (at least that I talk to) generally aren't willing to spend as much as me to get things that I have, because I've asked. Don't get me wrong, its not an insult or anything. I'm just stating the experiences I've had. most people can't, or are unwilling to drop a grand or more on a laser for their hobby. There's no shame in that.

I definitely agree, especially on labbies that aren't 2 WATTS or something and you can carry around. Most guys on PL will spend money but aren't interested in anything below 1 watt. And in both groups most are not gas fans.

I want a small white light, but not even really considering until I have cash. Because I know how pricey they are.

I was offered a white light EOL that was only in the less than 10mw range, last year. But I didn't know how long it would last, so I passed it up.

Getting harder to find :)

Last edited: