Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Its been a long time

anoman890

Hi all.

I was a member here many years ago (at least i think i was, its been that long i cant remember).

Ive always been interested in lasers, for as long as i can remember ive always had a strange fascination with them. From the burnability of a NUV to the invisibleness of NIR, and everything in between.

I brought my first laser many moons ago. Like many young adults, I imagine, it was a burning UV. I cant remember where i brought it from, but it was from a seller in Israel, recommended by people here.

Life happened, I got older, started a family, took up other hobbies and renovated a house. My laser hobby got left behind.

When sorting out the loft a few months back I found my old eagle pair, annoyingly i threw them away. I say annoyingly because this got my mind ticking away again. I ended up buying a couple of laser pointers from jet lasers (fantastic service by gray btw), ended up buying a new set of eagle pair glasses, and brought a laserbee power meter. So now here I am, ready to experiment.

Im an engineer by trade, i learn best by doing. Somebody may tell me, but chances are I wont remember until I try it for myself.

Im eager to learn, and love to stuck in.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Welcome back. Consider joining our discord as well. Link is in my signature

Same thing happened to me. Bought a house, got married to a perfect spouse, have a few pets etc. That said, my pointers just lay idle in a drawer. Welcome back

Maxwel III

Hi all.

I was a member here many years ago (at least i think i was, its been that long i cant remember).

Ive always been interested in lasers, for as long as i can remember ive always had a strange fascination with them. From the burnability of a NUV to the invisibleness of NIR, and everything in between.

I brought my first laser many moons ago. Like many young adults, I imagine, it was a burning UV. I cant remember where i brought it from, but it was from a seller in Israel, recommended by people here.

Life happened, I got older, started a family, took up other hobbies and renovated a house. My laser hobby got left behind.

When sorting out the loft a few months back I found my old eagle pair, annoyingly i threw them away. I say annoyingly because this got my mind ticking away again. I ended up buying a couple of laser pointers from jet lasers (fantastic service by gray btw), ended up buying a new set of eagle pair glasses, and brought a laserbee power meter. So now here I am, ready to experiment.

Im an engineer by trade, i learn best by doing. Somebody may tell me, but chances are I wont remember until I try it for myself.

Im eager to learn, and love to stuck in.
Hello, welcome (back).
What field of Engineering?
(Mike)

Welcome back, maybe, to the LPF. Sorry for the late reply. Didn't see your post until now. I am a retired EE myself. Enjoy your stay and stay safe.