Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is there a beam difference between 520nm and 525nm?

QiQi

Hello,
I wanted to ask if there is any beam difference between 520nm and 525nm
Does one have a tighter/better beam than the other? like different lenses or something?
because i want to buy a Sanwu 1.2W green laser but i have an option between the two
The 1.2W 520nm is 40$ cheaper than the 1.2W 525nm and i have no idea why
thanks in advance

Encap

Yes, 5nm and also $40 difference. lol

Ask Sanwu about the beam quality of their products.
They know which diode and lens they use and what the beam specs are.

PS You have the costs backwards, the Sanwu 520nm 1.2W is $40 more than the 525nm --different wavelength hand held lasers have different associated diodes and costs + have different component and finished product specs.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
IMO, if you own a 532 and want to make the most of a new wavelength then go for a 520nm. Then you will be able to observe a colour difference between them. As Encap said, it is not 100% what diodes are being used in both to determine whether they have noticeable difference in beam specs. It doesn't always have to be a different diode, Sanwu checks the wavelength and will separate low and high hitting diodes. They do this with the 488 and 492nm.

Yes you can see the difference, the 525 is slightly more yellowish green but still very much green, now 505 is a beautiful emerald green, more blueish green but still very much green, I think 505 and 488 are a couple of my favorites next to red.