Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Incandescent 250w infrared heating bulb safe?

R4ys

Basically i was interested in buying this 'Philips Heat Lamp R40 Flood Light Bulb: 250-Watt' to heat up my home and some other stuff (u can search this on amazon.com u can probably find this bulb easily if u wanna give it a look) but i have read few articles that say direct eye contact with these bulb can cause eye damage / corneal burn and other stuff which tbh does sound dangerous again i don't wanna risk my eyes our a little heat so i thought i would ask here as u guys know a lot about wavelength's and stuff.so it is really this dangerous and can harm my eyes and my vision?i also have few questions.
1) will i get any sort of eye damage by looking at the light the bulb is emitting lets say on the ground or wall without directly making an eye contact with the bulb?
2) Is looking directly at bulb harmful?as setting it up etc would require me to look at the bulb incase its harmful can u tell me some sort of safety glasses that i can wear to set it up?as ill be in quite a close range while i am doing that i heard infrared has like 1000nm so these bulbs being red and IR maybe should have like 700-1000nm wavelength or am i wrong?if i am wrong then what is the wavelength for these type of bulb and what safety glasses are recommended for it if close range or directly looking at the bulb could damage my eyes?

R4ys

Guys did i post in a wrong section?if yes could anyone guide me which section is correct one to post this?

Guys did i post in a wrong section?if yes could anyone guide me which section is correct one to post this?

I think you posted in a wrong forum altogether. You're asking about a heat lamp light bulb which isn't a laser nor to do with lasing.
Your best bet is to consult the manufacturer, Philips https://www.usa.lighting.philips.com/support/connect/contact-us
Or find a forum more geared towards your question.
Kind of like joining a semi truck forum and asking questions about your Yugo... :ROFLMAO:

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Please don't make duplicate threads. I would try budget light forum or something