Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

hi to all

Panos

Hi, my name is Panos and I am from greece. I am 39 years old, I were a technician for mobiles (level 5), pc technician, and other electronic specialities in past but I am "noob" in the world of lasers at least to the practical part. I like this hobby (and not only hobby) and this forum has helped me to understand many things. Thank you for this treasure of laser information...

- Really great and nice forum - :drool:

jimdt7

Hello and Welcome to our forum :beer:
Do you have any lasers ? :thinking:
Planning on building one ? :thinking:

BTW, I am from Greece also :D

Jim

sinner

Hi and Welcome :wave:
Sure is a lot of information for a beginner, Use Search Button it's your friend here..
If you plan to buy some lasers make sure you read
39 Reasons not to buy from Wicked Lasers.

Make sure you wear safety goggles with >5mW Lasers.
Buy your goggles here
Enjoy your stay!
Laserbee i got yer back !! :D

Last edited:
Are there really "levels" for technicians? So you can literally gain xp and level up? lol that's hilarious :D

Oh and welcome :)

Last edited:

Panos

hi Jim. i have a couple of <100mw and 3-4 of 1-5 mw only red and green, no blue or other color. I plan to build at least one cuz i have 2 dvd burners to "play" with them :) I like the new pl-e series of jetlasers and maybe I buy one, but yes one of my plans is to build at least one like the most ppl in the forum. I am not so sure yet to what I want more, I like to have a high power burner but I like and all the colors spectrum for many other operations.

Sinner thank you for your help :)

....and yes, the technician of mobiles have levels. there are technician level 1 that can do repairs only to some mechanical parts of mobiles (antennas, keyboard, e.t.c), and the levels raises up till level 5. More levels = more rights (authority) and knowledge to more difficult and complex electronical (and ofc mechanical) repairs. It is somehow a stupid system but exists.

Thank you for your wellcome and your "lights". There is so much stuff in these forums that my grandma can become a technician level 40 in laser speciality if she read it for a couple of weeks. :)

jimdt7

I can sell you some laser parts if you would like :beer:

Jim

Panos

I will need parts soon. what parts do you have Jim?

(diodes, modules, lens, googles, drivers,.....?)

Last edited: