Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help? Laser went dim then died in seconds after installing recharged batteries

m4bhpq

I bought a 3000 mw laser (blue) from Amazon. It was working great until the second time I put the batteries in after charging them. After I put in the fully charged batteries and tried to power on, the laser turned on for half a second then dimmed out almost instantly. Now I can’t get it to turn on at all. even after letting the batteries charge again. Need new batteries or is my laser broken?

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Why aren't you contacting the seller? You aren't providing any information... It's like saying "There's something wrong with my car, do you know what's wrong with it?" How the heck is anyone supposed to know?

m4bhpq

I would have thought that going to the seller would be like going to a car salesman asking him to fix your car instead of a mechanic. Plus what more information would I give the to seller that I haven’t already given here?

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
If you first bought the car and something went wrong with it you bet your butt you'd go to the dealer. Same thing here. We don't work for amazon. The seller would handle the situation if you had recently purchased it. Again you aren't giving any information so no one can help you anyway.
Best I can say is you probably put the batteries in backwards and fried the laser but without any further information there's nothing more to say.
Contact the seller.

Hi,
Simple have Amazon send you a replacement or have them credit your account . Dont worry what went wrong just contact them ..
Rich:)

m4bhpq

If you first bought the car and something went wrong with it you bet your butt you'd go to the dealer. Same thing here. We don't work for amazon. The seller would handle the situation if you had recently purchased it. Again you aren't giving any information so no one can help you anyway.
Best I can say is you probably put the batteries in backwards and fried the laser but without any further information there's nothing more to say.
Contact the seller.
if I put the batteries in backwards do you think the laser would turn on then die out after a couple seconds?

m4bhpq

Hi,
Simple have Amazon send you a replacement or have them credit your account . Dont worry what went wrong just contact them ..
Rich:)
if I put the batteries in backwards do you think the laser would turn on then die out after a couple seconds?

Commander J. Bloodmaker

Not all diodes are made equally. The cheaper diodes will go poop, or some run forever. It's why most the good diodes cost as much or more as a whole 10MW nuclear fusion latest greatest handheld laser of the day.

The handheld kit I grew to like is sold from ebay. It's 2w, and it puts out about 2w of power. I believe it was tested at like 1.8-1.9w, close enough for me. More than enough power to reach out there, and plenty enough power to play. I think it's an astronomical pointer, but you can burn with it if you so desire. Up to about 15 feet it will burn stuff.