Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First post, second build. (Osram PLPT9 450LB_E)

mhostilis

Ok. So I have decided to go with the NUBM0F.

What will I need besides the diode?

Let me know if I am missing anything:

Module + Heatsink OR Module/Heatsink like the DTR copper ones.

G8 Lens

Driver

Diver pill (not sure if this is the case for every build and host, the m140 build I had used the survivallaser c6 host bundle wich basically came with everything but had a round driver to be fitted in the round pill.....not that I see a lot of recatangular drivers around i'm not sure how to proceed with this...)

Leads (I can't seem to find any modules with leads unless they come with the diode sadly....)

Batteries

Battery board

Host

Is this basically it?

Last edited:

Do you have a pair of laser safety glasses ?

Well then talk to Lifetime17 about a host/housing. Click the link then click his name and send a message.

Everything else has been explained on this site over and over, there are videos even....... you buy a diode, module, driver and wire if you don't have any and a diode press tool or use a 1/4 inch automotive socket and press the diode into the module using channel locks or a vise, solder as needed and put it in a host/housing...... go to youtube and watch some tutorials if you want to, it's very simple......if that's to much then just buy ready made....... that's about as much hand holding as you will get, to go anywhere in this hobby you have to be a self starter with a can-do attitude and safely git-R-done..........mostly remember the safety part, never point a laser at anyone or any vehicles, windows....... don't annoy or distract anyone and don't create a dangerous situation or allow a mistake to happen.

Last edited:

mhostilis

Everything else has been explained on this site over and over, there are videos even....... you buy a diode, module, driver and wire if you don't have any and a diode press tool or use a 1/4 inch automotive socket and press the diode into the module using channel locks or a vise, solder as needed and put it in a host/housing...... go to youtube and watch some tutorials if you want to, it's very simple......if that's to much then just buy ready made....... that's about as much hand holding as you will get, to go anywhere in this hobby you have to be a self starter with a can-do attitude and safely git-R-done..........mostly remember the safety part, never point a laser at anyone or any vehicles, windows....... don't annoy or distract anyone and don't create a dangerous situation or allow a mistake to happen.
Will do.

Thought I already asked this but what is the current at which the NUBM0f runs at normally without being considered overdriven, and by how much are lifespan and duty cycle reduced by overdriving by say 1 amp, 2 amp etc.?

Nobody really knows how much the 20,000 hour MTTF is reduced by overdriving, maybe a lasershow projector builder/operator could tell you their findings about the previous generation diodes, that said normal operating current is 3.5A according to the datasheet that I have seen.

That said for quasi continuous use in a good heat sink I drive mine @ 5A, for short burst work you could push to 5.5A, now if I were going to use this diode in a projector with active cooling, then I would likely drive it @ 4.5A and see how long they last, which I expect would be thousands of hours because waste heat build up is the real enemy.