Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does anyone has catalog of old Spectra Physics laser heads?

atomd

I found few potentially interesting laser heads on local surplus market but I have some problem identifying them.
Specifically:

SPECTRA PHYSICS LINE LITE LASER MODEL 941 HEAD​

and

Spectra-Physics V50-104Q Laser Head​

Have you already looked at sam's laser faq? That might help with some specifications.
If you can give some pictures that would also help better to identify them.

Looks like SP-941 is a HeNe at least.

atomd

I looked through faq and could find them. Items where on sale locally and I forgot to take pictures, but I found ebay listings that seem to look same. Can't post link but if you copy paste part nompers into ebay they show up as first results.

Considering that SP-941 is for sure high voltage laser and water cooled I think it's CO2 laser. I think I even found somewhere note with 10um.
V50-104Q seems to be solid state, but I can't find if it's CW or pulsed

Eidetical

I probably built the S-P/LLL 941 CO2 laser head (if it has stickers for both companies), and have all manuals, brochures, and original service logs for them. The pic below is a really old power supply , from when the line was just Sylvania. The head was from later as GTE Sylvania. Spectra-Physics bought the line in the late '70s, and Line Lite Laser bought it in the early '80s (me as tech with four others). Below that is from CLEO in '83.

GTE Sylvania 941.jpgBobCLEO83.jpg

Last edited: