Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DIY 1W 808nm lab build project, Help needed

Thanks wannaburn, already got the goggles on order, prolly be here before the IRs. Would it be possible to direct me to further info on that pic, and perhaps a place to find them, I have searched literally hours and hours, and came up empty. If you can't post it here, you can send it to my e<>male dlyons17 <at> Yah00.
Thanks.

Thanks wannaburn, this has been helpful for a visual of what I need to do, but unfortunately, this being the first 9mm build, I don't have a collection of lenses. I would by 4 or 5 different lenses to experiment with if I had a way of knowing in advance what can mix & match, but I am currently unfamiliar with what lenses are in what sets ... don't want to buy a bunch of them and have them all be the same thing either. If you could recommend a few lenses that will inter-mix, that would be great ... not looking for guarantees on results, I know you can't provide that ... just want to be able to buy some pieces I can experiment with (there pretty cheap anyway).
Thanks again. :anyone:

JLSE

Thanks wannaburn, this has been helpful for a visual of what I need to do, but unfortunately, this being the first 9mm build, I don't have a collection of lenses. I would by 4 or 5 different lenses to experiment with if I had a way of knowing in advance what can mix & match, but I am currently unfamiliar with what lenses are in what sets ... don't want to buy a bunch of them and have them all be the same thing either. If you could recommend a few lenses that will inter-mix, that would be great ... not looking for guarantees on results, I know you can't provide that ... just want to be able to buy some pieces I can experiment with (there pretty cheap anyway).
Thanks again. :anyone:

Check your PM's in a moment..

Ok so i have now successfully mounted my new infrared diode and soldered everything together.

Here are a few pictures;

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

This thing burns like crazy, but i do want to learn how to focus the this for further range. any help on focusing will be very helpfull.

All i need now is a heatsink for the module and an enclosure. i would be very gratefull if anyone could point me in the right direction to anyone who would make and sell me a descent square heatsink. should i just buy a generic plastic enclosure or do people on this forum sell custum enclosures.

So to sum up, all i need to finally finish this project is;
- Heatsink for the module (square/cuboid) so it will mount in the enclosure nicely
-Enclosure. help on custum made ones or normal enclosures i can use.

Thanks for everyones help so far. alot of money would have been wasted without your help so far.

could you tell me what compnets did you use, and how are conected

Here is a link to what people generally use here, it is what slifer went by on his build: Laser driver - It can be done Make sure you use a good heat sink on the LM317 ... you can also use an LM350, has same specs but will handle the higher current better. Be sure to use a good size heat sink on the diode too, you can use a 1" square aluminum, cut to size and mill a hole for your module to go through. I just set me up a small machine shop and have some 1" round and square aluminum stock, if you want something custom for the diode heat sink, I may be able to fix you up at a reasonable cost.