Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can I connect a violet diode to the violet USB Laser 303 driver?

FilipeET

basically, I bought a 405nm and 1500mW laser diode in China, it arrived today, so my initial idea was to change the laser diode on the JD-851, I even thought there would be no problem connecting a violet laser to 3.7v, but I was wrong, it doesn't show any signs of life, so I connected it to a 4.2V and 300mA charger, it turned on, but with a higher voltage, right?
So, I would like to ask if I could connect it to the violet USB Laser 303 driver, but there is one however, this driver increases the voltage from 3.7V to 21.0V, and in the advertisement for my diode, the seller said that the maximum The voltage for it is 5V at 0.8-1A, I would like to know if I can connect it to the driver, especially because I connected a weaker LED to it, and the LED didn't burn out.

LEDs are far sturdier than laser diodes. Don't know which 405 nm diode you bought, but my experience with the single mode 405 nm diodes is they are fragile and should be overdriven just a little if you wish it to remain lasing. I also use a lot of heat sinking as they do output a lot of heat too.

FilipeET

LEDs are far sturdier than laser diodes. Don't know which 405 nm diode you bought, but my experience with the single mode 405 nm diodes is they are fragile and should be overdriven just a little if you wish it to remain lasing. I also use a lot of heat sinking as they do output a lot of heat too.
😊 Thanks!