Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blocked Ebay & Other Buyers - Sellers Beware!!!

You know we have had some physicians as members here. Don't know who, if any, are still around.

Good news.... After jumping through a few hoops with ebay they have refunded me the money this jerkoff stole from me!

Also, it turns out that junk host is actually a working laser pointer... probably an M140 or something. Haven't torn it apart but it fired right up. I guess I'm up in this whole debacle.

Now, onto the next scammer I'm dealing with... more details to follow.

1701759298546.png

Good news.... After jumping through a few hoops with ebay they have refunded me the money this jerkoff stole from me!

Also, it turns out that junk host is actually a working laser pointer... probably an M140 or something. Haven't torn it apart but it fired right up. I guess I'm up in this whole debacle.

Now, onto the next scammer I'm dealing with... more details to follow.

View attachment 76873

Congrats on getting a refund from eBay.

Thanks, Paul. You win some and you lose some. I'm glad I got this one because it was a bit pricey.

Yeah, I lost some money recently in a purchase that had gone through twice before. So, that was a loss for me. What the hell....nothing I can do about it now. Lost close to $200.

I've been selling laser components, assemblies, accessories and other small electronics on eBay since 2016. In that time I've come across quite a few scammers, liars, morons and just all around garbage humans. Every time someone does me wrong I add them to the list of Blocked Buyers (https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/BuyerBlock). Most of my customers are great but there are still those that I wish never found me for one reason or another. I'm sure there are even some LPF members on the list so this may offend someone here but I don't really care.... I have the receipts to back up my claims. It may be something minor or someone that took or tried to take me for a lot of money. Either way, I've decided not to do business with them. I'd like to share my list so that other eBay sellers can avoid the hassles that I've endured and I welcome any additions to the list as well.

So without further ado, here's the list:

3158erika, 429218918, 614chazzz3, 6835man6835, additude, adistul, ahmed300661, altho7931, andr7182, anees.moham, anuadroj0, argro81, ausaul-zu3wmlxsxo, bars2_98, bechtol1-2012, br_7932, brba_4314, brhop42, brrobe-1106, buy-it-now-only, carlomoren770, ceva6483, cfle3825, charleseakins, charly0_98, chasmit_97, chchri96, chipyd, dami-3780, daneltam-7, darwigarcia0, di1998di, digogalvao, dkman2000, dladehoff1srjhqfk, docteurfrankenstine2, doltin4201026, dom-9588, domenicobasile88, dusmes21, e-correcto2009, eclipseproct, elena_choi, eloy1946, estanq-275, fireintheskymeteorites, gaetan-70-0, garay_7672, gr34620, gridirondubs-9, grilhmor, groingroin18, hartkduksayhhi, hmiddleton-2012, hmsoe, inessdjebal_0, jaalel-7zutasytgt, jakexia, jasonmoore290, javdela39, jglav_52, joey-falk, joso110, josvtamared-0, juliecaradan_0, justilon-11, kadacuk, kargal010, khidr04-0, kiwiken_2845, kob5034620, lapa.uk.yrp6qhj8t, lasekin-0, laserman7777, lasttime321, lonmacd-82, lugonz_1973, macdojef, mattheherrit0, mephie-19, mummum-egbgyf, muracaraccessories, nai-7119, nkgruppe415, noahla373, omelenko321, owhat_67, p_laser, panaevpavel94, pcpartsupplier, pezebo-0, qlabs, qnvd7260, rabhai12, rabra_1943, renedoup-0, ricksmyser1988, ricsull_26, robertchad, rulaser, ruptured_fx, rykni-304, sash.2016, saurehefepegorino, sbeddoe2014, scifidre68, serrutk_20, slocky1701, smothered_43, son_rem_snpymqgxk, soni-6159, sophieb066, t_3258, thchunk707, thelarr_7122, thum10, tigran.mur, timothegorof2, timothgartlan0, totmom_nhmdorde, umkaap52_2, uriq-25, vladislavklimenko, xxxxx_nevidimka_xxxxxxx_6, yerileiv_0, yifanz-764, yun892
I've been on eBay for many years... My Blocked Bidders list is a lot longer...:rolleyes:
You learn by experience who the rip-off artists, Scammers and Morons are.
unfortunately sometimes it cost you $$.

Jerry

I have an aliexpress seller to list. "TQFIRR Factory Store". Been 40 days and no delivery. Tried to scam me out of additional shipping costs. Package is stuck at customs for over 2 weeks now. I'm guessing that maybe they need to pay additional fees to get it released? but I don't know for sure. They've lied to me many times about various things. They either don't know what they are doing or don't give a crap.
Sorry for the double post but on a different subject.
Something to watch for on AliExpress....

1) Stay away from sellers from 2022 and 2023 that have <95% feedback
and less than 200 followers.

These guys will never ship your item and supply FAKE tracking numbers
that seem to work...

2 -3 months down the road when you never receive your order you are
allowed to open an AliExpress Dispute. In most cases you will get your
money back if you don't miss the Dispute time window.

They are betting that after 2-3 months that you will miss the dispute
window and you have no way to open a dispute.

Been there... Done that

Jerry

I have an aliexpress seller to list. "TQFIRR Factory Store". Been 40 days and no delivery. Tried to scam me out of additional shipping costs. Package is stuck at customs for over 2 weeks now. I'm guessing that maybe they need to pay additional fees to get it released? but I don't know for sure. They've lied to me many times about various things. They either don't know what they are doing or don't give a crap.
Many of the sellers on Aliexpress are just customers in somebodies else shop, often flipping / dropshipping items, and can at times explain why they are quite clueless about what is actually happening.
but it obviously varies from product segment to segment.
My biggest problem with Aliexpress is scamming with fake tracking numbers, and often tracking numbers from other people in your country, while they haven't shipped anything.
Dispute is also a heavy affaire. (fx conclusion' seller pays return shipment after you proved they didn't shipped a working item, but no info on how in the living daylight you can get the seller to do that, and you have 7-days to deliver a tracking number, otherwise your done, but meeh that is Aliexpress in a nutshell, so nothing new there)

but general shipping times December and the first 2 weeks of January, is the most extreme of the year, and there will often be huge delays, from overload..

wizardbizzoom

While concerns about scammers creating new accounts are valid, the effort to compile and share experiences is a step towards more informed selling. It's also encouraging to see eBay implementing more stringent account verification processes, which should help mitigate the ease with which scammers can re-enter the marketplace.
For sellers, this is a reminder of the importance of vigilance and the need for a proactive approach in safeguarding against fraud. Sharing experiences and strategies for dealing with problematic transactions not only helps in immediate cases but also strengthens our community's overall resilience.

At least over in the EU and UK they put the scammers on a list. Ebay requires you to file a report with Action Fraud in order to get your money back from a scammer.

1708024820218.png

Last edited: