Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best driver to run 3A - 5A for blue diodes

Right now I am leaning toward the BlackBuck 8M because it has the longest soft start duration of any driver out there (300 milliseconds).

However, I do not see a reverse polarity schottkey diode, but I guess I can live without it. I assume most high-efficiency drivers do not incorporate them due high voltage/power losses and the PMOSFET only protects a load like a laser diode but will not adequately protect a driver since it is a two-way device.

So it looks like I will have to be 100% vigilant 100% of the time when I put newly charged batteries in it. No mistakes, ever, lol. Right.

Anyway, does the BlackBuck 8M have ESD protection? I don't see an ESD absorber on the BlackBuck board.

Do I need to add the Lasorb ESD Absorber (Barnett ebay store) to the diode leads or...?

Last edited:

Once the circuit is completed you don't really have to worry too much about ESD damage. You could always add a Lasorb at the diode if you wanted to. I have them available as well for the blue wavelength diodes.

Giannis_TDM

Right now I am leaning toward the BlackBuck 8M because it has the longest soft start duration of any driver out there (300 milliseconds).

However, I do not see a reverse polarity schottkey diode, but I guess I can live without it. I assume most high-efficiency drivers do not incorporate them due high voltage/power losses and the PMOSFET only protects a load like a laser diode but will not adequately protect a driver since it is a two-way device.

So it looks like I will have to be 100% vigilant 100% of the time when I put newly charged batteries in it. No mistakes, ever, lol. Right.

Anyway, does the BlackBuck 8M have ESD protection? I don't see an ESD absorber on the BlackBuck board.

Do I need to add the Lasorb ESD Absorber (Barnett ebay store) to the diode leads or...?
Actually, a P channel fet as found in all of my drivers for the input reverse polarity protection does protect drivers. and the top efficiency for mine is still around 96% for high vF loads. But yea I hope that answers that. A MOSFET will protect any kind of load being resistive, a diode or any circuitry.

Borislav@87

This is a great driver at a low price!
Ebye

Laser Diode LD Driver Board PCB 4.5A for 3.5W NDB7A75 3 Modes High Low Strobe
Specification:

Input Voltage: 5.8-12V
Circuit control: 5V circuit, constant current output
Dimensions: 12 * 22mm (W * L)
Reverse polarity protection: a unique reverse polarity protection design, no need to worry about the battery discharge burning plate
Pin definition: 445nm driver board designed specifically for the pad. You only need to weld it according to the foot a triangular arrangement
Polarity definition: module housing is positive,trailing bonding pad is negative

Detail:
This Laser Diode Driver PCB 4.5A Constant Current can be used to drive 3.5W NDB7A75
This is a 4.5 Amp laser diode driver with 3 modes, high, low, and strobe. It has an input voltage of about 8 to 12 volts. Most people will use 2 Lithium ion IMR or INR batteries at 8.4 volts. It is a buck driver with reverse polarity protection. It does not require a heat sink.

Package:
1 x Laser Diode LD Driver Board PCB 4.5A for 3.5W NDB7A75 3 Modes High Low Strobes

My modified from 4.5A up 6A

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220325_205135_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20220325_205135_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited: