Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

B> Copper module

So I ordered all the parts for my upcoming 638 build, however I just realized I forgot a very crucial part (after looking at the diode) THE MODULE!! If anyone has a few extra 5.6mm copper modules lying around, I'd like to buy a couple. Thanks!

Also need a couple 16340's, charger, and a clamp to set diodes. I am falling apart.

Last edited:
A clamp that I can press modules with. Standby on that, might have one coming in a shipment from home.

sinner

the vice.. very nice :beer: dx has some knock-off vices too they'll work a couple of times before they break!

I realized I meant vice. Anyway, batts, charger, and a couple dozen copper modules will be in my laser care package from home, so I'll just get a vice out here from home depot or something.

I think you mean a diode press- FlamP makes nice ones.
ROG 88 has a post from back in the day of using a part from a bicycle brake tensioner that works as a press, Ruin free(IR) or very cheap diodes before trying to press an expensive one-

New regs prohibit sending Li-ions via USPS unless they are inside the intended device.
If you want to wait til I am restocked I can Fed Ex you 16340s good price & quality- however Fed RX is spendy- and 20 ship for the same cost as two.

I suggest you buy a good 'smart' charger- one that will charge all li-ions at 3.7 vdc and NOT set your house on fire. LOW- cost chargers are never 'smart' chargers BTW
you cant get both.

I was referring to a vice that I can use to press diodes. Isn't that the only way? You still need the vice for pressure regardless of what you use around the diode to push it in. I used a metal tube for a sprinkler system.