Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A Plea for EYE Safety!!

Gone in 15 seconds would make me much happier.
Inverse square law is your friend. Add distance or turn down the beam.

Remember that the inverse square law does not apply to lasers. That's the whole point. :)

Laser attenuation is more or less linear for all distances where beam divergence is small.

There are a couple links in this thread to goggles by OEMLaserSystems, but neither link worked for me. Can anyone else verify these are broken links?

My OEM broad-bands got squashed today, and without them I only have protection for 405nm/445nm/532nm alas no red or ir coverage. Now I'm going to have to find some glasses for 600-1064 as I can't afford to replace My OEM's atm.

I bumped this again to open members eye there. THIS IS, SURELY, THE BEGINNING OF THE END FOR US, LPF. COLD HAVE BEEN RAISED THE DONATION REQUIRED FOR PAYING FOR LEGAL ISSUES.

AWAKE UP!

We need to do something. I have talk to some veterans, and some are really concerned with it too, as am I. I'm concerned with FDA (in USA, where many lazerists friends of mine resides) and with LPF. We are selling very dangerous and forbidden gadgets for fully unknown members! I would like to know how many members with 1~10 posts 0 rep have bought a diode/module/kit/built-handheld from the forum members.
IT IS JUST LIKE SHIPPING GUNS WORLDWIDE, WITH THE ADDRESS ONLY.

"A class IV laser is essentially a weapon; the rules for using one in a research/commercial environment are extremely strict."
"[...] will [...] make you blind if you happen to aim it at your eyes (as happened to a PhD student at my old university who was working with a class IV laser) [...]"
"They[the diodes]'re relatively cheap, too, so they're accessible to a larger number of people. I really think this is going to end in tears for someone."

Please, spread this, all members. This is a really important call for sellers/buyers. Open your eyes please.

I know I can be flamed for this, but I don't care. I like safety&LPF better.

Last edited:
I agree that eye safety is the most important there is

I tell people to treat it like your laser is a gun that shoots out bullets that only hurt your eyes - and like any bullet if it hits you you need to go see a doctor so they can help to reduce the damage as much as it can be done

they can stop the progression of scar tissue if caught quickly just like a doctor can stop you from bleeding to death if caught quickly after being shot by an actual gun

also just like a gun, if it doesent have a safety on it (as some dont, most notably a Glock) you are to take the batteries out of it when not in use and transportation to avoid problems - I guess like an actual gun without a safety if you are holding it and you know what you are doing all should be OK - so dont give it to someone who doesent understand it

Those a fine for a 1W laser, laservision makes very good laser safety eyewear. It's a good price for real laser safety eyewear. Don't trust cheap china stuff but take something that is known to work. Usually dragon lasers is mentioned as cheap and tested.

Those a fine for a 1W laser, laservision makes very good laser safety eyewear. It's a good price for real laser safety eyewear. Don't trust cheap china stuff but take something that is known to work. Usually dragon lasers is mentioned as cheap and tested.

:thanks:

I don't want the cheapest googles, because "you get what you pay". I'm seeking for a good glasses for the best price.

I've seeing the dragonlasers' page and I found this
Laser Glasses - UV to Green Lasers Protection 190-548nm :: Laser Safety :: Dragon Lasers

And I've seeing OD Calculator - Safe Lasers - Laser safety information, tools, and free warning labels. and I put 2000mw to calculate the example, and the calculator gives me an OD 3.71 -> 4

Then, the above googles are valid for a 1W 445nm laser. It's true?

And, How much costs the shipping to Spain?

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

I don't know about the shipping, but OD4 is good enough, so those goggles would work.

XAP3X

I'm buying military grade goggles from one of my dads old friend who gets them straight from the air force. They use them just in case someone has a powerful laser on there gun sight or whatever. I'll post pictures of them in a few days when I receive.

djra

I agree, I have a few lasers ranging from 5 to 200mw, I just purchased the 1w 445nm survival laser and I figured heck, Ill save the 40 bucks and not get the eye wear. First time turning it on I pointed it on the ground a few feet away and realized how powerful it really is, my eyes felt like I was watching tv for 6 hours straight just from the indirect light, next time I turn it on I will have eyewear. I can only imagine some kid getting one of these and shining it in the mirror and blinding himself forever because he thinks its a toy.. speaking of, anyone have any recommendations
on the cheapest, (notice the comma) quality eyeware for 445nm?