Laser pointer discussion. Read/write reviews of laser pointers and laser pointer companies. Learn about all types of laser pointers and lasers





Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums! If you are looking for a laser pointer or want to compare different laser pointer companies, you may want to check out the LPF Laser Pointer Company Database.


Green Laser Pointers by Category Blue Laser Pointers by Category Red Laser Pointers by Category
Yellow Laser Pointers by Category Violet Laser Pointers by Category Orange Laser Pointers by Category
Top Laser Pointers by Power - 1 Watt+ Top Laser Pointers by Power - 500mW+ Top Laser Pointers by Power - 250mW+
Laser Pointer Database High Power Laser Pointers Laser Pointer Diodes


2.5 Watt Blue Thor M 2 Laser Pointer











Go Back   Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Laser Pointers > Lasers > Trades Feedback & Dispute Resolution

List of Laser Pointer Companies (link opens new window)



Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2015, 10:44 AM #1
starlight's Avatar
Class 2M Laser
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brighton,MI
Posts: 928
Rep Power: 129
starlight has a reputation beyond reputestarlight has a reputation beyond reputestarlight has a reputation beyond reputestarlight has a reputation beyond reputestarlight has a reputation beyond reputestarlight has a reputation beyond reputestarlight has a reputation beyond reputestarlight has a reputation beyond reputestarlight has a reputation beyond reputestarlight has a reputation beyond reputestarlight has a reputation beyond repute
starlight starlight is offline
Class 2M Laser
starlight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brighton,MI
Posts: 928
Rep Power: 129
starlight has a reputation beyond reputestarlight has a reputation beyond reputestarlight has a reputation beyond reputestarlight has a reputation beyond reputestarlight has a reputation beyond reputestarlight has a reputation beyond reputestarlight has a reputation beyond reputestarlight has a reputation beyond reputestarlight has a reputation beyond reputestarlight has a reputation beyond reputestarlight has a reputation beyond repute
Default xxxxx thumbs down for dishonesty

Contacted seller for a few things he was selling only to get lied to. He told me in a PM he was busy and would get back with me the next day. Before I ever got the return PM he posts in the sale thread he just sold it to another member. He reply now is he got confused with to many PM's. There was still time to correct this as items were not shipped yet but choose to remain a dishonest seller.
You have been warned!

Thread
blurrrb


__________________
Lasers:
405nm E-bay 303 host (peak 113mW) 13% IR dead
405nm Ehgemus host 900mW (peak 635mW 3E lens) had 2 both died in first minute
450nm home made labby NUBM44 6w (peak 7.2w)
445nm Ehgemus RPL host 3W (peak 3.5W)
445nm home made labby 3W (peak 3.1W)
445nm 501b by Blord 2.5W (peak 2.7W)
447nm Dragon Lasers Spartan 1W (peak 1.3W)
520nm custom Ehgemus host NDG7475 1W (peak 1.5W)
520nm Ehgemus host PL520-B1 120mW (peak 143mW)
532nm labby 500mW (peak 630mW)
532nm Dragon Lasers Viper 75mW (peak 122mW)
532nm C6 host (peak 103mW)
532nm E-Bay 303 host 200mW (peak 95mW) 15% IR
589nm Dragon Lasers Spartan 50mW (peak 115mW)
650nm C6 host (peak 153mW)
650nm E-Bay 303 host 200mW (peak 141mW) 75% IR
650nm DVD diode Mini Mag host 54mW (my first build)
650nm dollar store mini pen 5mW X2

808nm Wicked Lasers E2 400mW (peak 598mW)

Expanders & Googles etc:
Dragon Lasers 10x Beam Expander
Dragon Lasers "new" 2x Beam Expander
Dragon Lasers DGTBF
Dragon Lasers LSG02 goggles 190-548nm
Eagle Pair SL-BLG2 goggles 190-540nm

LPM:
nospin Ophir 20c-A-1-Y MrCrouse full wrap heatsinked

Flashlights:
Fenix tk61vn

Last edited by ped; 01-24-2015 at 11:03 PM.
starlight is offline  










Old 01-23-2015, 02:36 PM #2
123splat's Avatar
Class 2 Laser
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 428
Rep Power: 59
123splat has a reputation beyond repute123splat has a reputation beyond repute123splat has a reputation beyond repute123splat has a reputation beyond repute123splat has a reputation beyond repute123splat has a reputation beyond repute123splat has a reputation beyond repute123splat has a reputation beyond repute123splat has a reputation beyond repute123splat has a reputation beyond repute123splat has a reputation beyond repute
123splat 123splat is offline
Class 2 Laser
123splat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 428
Rep Power: 59
123splat has a reputation beyond repute123splat has a reputation beyond repute123splat has a reputation beyond repute123splat has a reputation beyond repute123splat has a reputation beyond repute123splat has a reputation beyond repute123splat has a reputation beyond repute123splat has a reputation beyond repute123splat has a reputation beyond repute123splat has a reputation beyond repute123splat has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Ok so he decided to sell to someone else instead, or perhaps he did get confused? Perhaps he'd been contacted by someone prior to your message and was still negotiating the price?

Either way this doesn't really make him a dishonest person. This would be the case if he cheated someone, or never shipped. As such your assertion that he is a dishonest seller is wrong.

Yes you might be p***ed you missed a deal, but trying to wreck his FS thread is rather unfair not very decent of you.

Also. Sellers reserve the right to deny sale to any buyer for any reason. They do not have to specify the reason or even make the potential buyer aware that they have denied sale to them. Not saying this is the case, but I am saying that this isn't an issue worth bitching about.

If no money or goods have been mishandled or misappropriated in any way, then there is no fault.

I agree with both the above.

Back when I made custom made-to-order lasers, I denied plenty of people. You wouldn't believe the number of people I simply didn't reply to.

So many people with 0, or 1-2 posts asking for a 3W "burning laser" that I just didn't even message back.

He doesn't even need to defend his actions. I'm sure he only did so due to attack. He can deny the first 17 people and sell it to the 18th if he wanted to. He's not obliged to sell it to the first offer. Simply obliged to mail it out once a payment is received.

Sorry you both feel this way but this is a piss poor practice and not something I would expect others to defend. Read the thread it is clear what happened and he had amole time to correct the mistake but choose NOT to. Everyday I loose faith more in more in the members here and for good reason.
What good is a sale thread sending PM's and any of that for if the seller is doing backdoor deals? Wow super suprised anyone disagreed with me on this but I haven't seen everything that's for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloompyle View Post
I agree with both the above.

Back when I made custom made-to-order lasers, I denied plenty of people. You wouldn't believe the number of people I simply didn't reply to.

So many people with 0, or 1-2 posts asking for a 3W "burning laser" that I just didn't even message back.

He doesn't even need to defend his actions. I'm sure he only did so due to attack. He can deny the first 17 people and sell it to the 18th if he wanted to. He's not obliged to sell it to the first offer. Simply obliged to mail it out once a payment is received.
Well that makes this form suck and you feel proud to say it. I had a PM conversation and was waiting for better pictures of another item he was selling before I paid so I didn't make 2 separate purchases. But that is all under the bridge and most seem to think I'm wrong for being mislead. Fuck that

Go into many small run convenience stores, and you will see a sign that reads "we have full right to deny sale to any person".

The seller is not held by any restraint to sell to only the first person to offer. Many times this is the case, 9 times out of 10, first offer gets it. Early bird gets the worm.

But that doesn't mean that it is SUPPOSED to happen.

Maybe he missed it. It's possible. When you're getting messages from people you don't know, to buy a laser, the 4-8 names can get mixed up. It's happened to me. Especially when running group buys.

I really think you need to relax and realize how little this issue is in the grand scheme of things.

You didn't lose your money, your life, health, home, anything. Just a few minutes wasted typing messages.

You're putting more effort into getting mad about this, than you did trying to get the laser in the first place.

But that's none of my business.

Sometimes money talks, the rest walks.

I've been in the same boat...I see a thread selling something I might be interested in if I could have a few questions answered so I can be sure I wanted it...

...I say something like, sounds good, but does it have an xyz switch or an abc switch?

And someone else doesn't care and says "here's $10, thanks!"

And, they committed first, and, I lost out because I was still talking about it.

Sometimes I see the thread 30 minutes after its posted, and, other's PM'd about it 1 minute after it was posted...and they had dibs before I even knew there was something for sale.

Its not dishonest to sell to someone besides me...even if I wish they HAD sold to me...but, if I had made an offer, and someone's PM I didn't know about had dibs, I can accept that.

Its just how I see it.



Statlight,
You didn't get what you wanted. Boo hoo. grow up and get on. If you don't like the fact that EVERYONE who has bothered to respond to your childish thread dissagrees with you. 1) tuff, 2) gee, tuff, 3) If you don't like the forum because you didn't get patted on the head, put a sock in it and leave.......

Hmm it's the usual reaction to disagree with members who come off angry; however, starlight has a valid case. He did give an offer that was as good as any other, before the others, but yet was somehow overlooked in the sale. While sellers don't have to sell to anyone, it's not customary to deny someone sale for no given reason especially when the customer is a reputable member. Also, he had time to correct the shipment of the sale as well and didn't. Even trussmonkey25 knew he made a big mistake as he essentially committed to selling it to starlight but mistakedly didn't. Whether it was intentional or not, it's still very rude to deny without reason.
We don't know the intentions of the seller (whether it was a mistake or not) so we can't really call the judgement on his honesty. I'd say it's good to let off some steam about a missed deal as that can be rather frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARG View Post
I can understand why he shipped it to the person who paid for it.
I can't
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARG View Post
Sht happens, we all make mistakes.
yep some of us correct it some leave it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123splat View Post
Statlight,
You didn't get what you wanted. Boo hoo. grow up and get on. If you don't like the fact that EVERYONE who has bothered to respond to your childish thread dissagrees with you. 1) tuff, 2) gee, tuff, 3) If you don't like the forum because you didn't get patted on the head, put a sock in it and leave.......
nice not sure why your so pissed but you are wrong in many ways. And who made you boss? oh and I already had planned to leave the forum (I've mentioned it several times over the last month or so) because the members are a new demographic and not for the better. That includes YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonz View Post
Hmm it's the usual reaction to disagree with members who come off angry; however, starlight has a valid case. He did give an offer that was as good as any other, before the others, but yet was somehow overlooked in the sale. While sellers don't have to sell to anyone, it's not customary to deny someone sale for no given reason especially when the customer is a reputable member. Also, he had time to correct the shipment of the sale as well and didn't. Even trussmonkey25 knew he made a big mistake as he essentially committed to selling it to starlight but mistakedly didn't. Whether it was intentional or not, it's still very rude to deny without reason.
We don't know the intentions of the seller (whether it was a mistake or not) so we can't really call the judgement on his honesty. I'd say it's good to let off some steam about a missed deal as that can be rather frustrating.
Thanks Photonz for being the only level headed person to respond. I think a few jumped on me trying to impress trussmonkey hahaha what fools. The others failed to read or lack reading skills to understand the situation and are doing nothing but bringing the form and it's sellers into jeopardy. I for one will stop buying from members as so many feel they don't have to respect others and don't have to explain themselves if there is a issue.

Pretty intense and unwarranted over reaction to a mistake. Calling someone dishonest for a mistake they've admitted to having made is pretty low.

I'd rather deal with someone who can admit and apologise for a mistake, than someone who can't get over being slightly inconvenienced as a result of someone else's.

Pretty outrageous reaction. If he was being dishonest, that's one thing, but to go as far as to want him to be banned, in the original thread, that's crazy.

Last edited by ped; 01-24-2015 at 11:04 PM.
123splat is offline  
Old 01-23-2015, 06:52 PM #3
ARG's Avatar
ARG ARG is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,987
Rep Power: 1177
ARG has a reputation beyond reputeARG has a reputation beyond reputeARG has a reputation beyond reputeARG has a reputation beyond reputeARG has a reputation beyond reputeARG has a reputation beyond reputeARG has a reputation beyond reputeARG has a reputation beyond reputeARG has a reputation beyond reputeARG has a reputation beyond reputeARG has a reputation beyond repute
ARG ARG is offline
Super Moderator
ARG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,987
Rep Power: 1177
ARG has a reputation beyond reputeARG has a reputation beyond reputeARG has a reputation beyond reputeARG has a reputation beyond reputeARG has a reputation beyond reputeARG has a reputation beyond reputeARG has a reputation beyond reputeARG has a reputation beyond reputeARG has a reputation beyond reputeARG has a reputation beyond reputeARG has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: xxxxx thumbs down for dishonesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight View Post
Contacted seller for a few things he was selling only to get lied to. He told me in a PM he was busy and would get back with me the next day. Before I ever got the return PM he posts in the sale thread he just sold it to another member. He reply now is he got confused with to many PM's. There was still time to correct this as items were not shipped yet but choose to remain a dishonest seller.
You have been warned!
Sounds to me like it was an honest mistake, I wouldn't go so far as to call him a liar or dishonest.
In my opinion once an item is paid for that's final. I can understand why he shipped it to the person who paid for it.
Sht happens, we all make mistakes.
ARG is offline  
Old 01-24-2015, 11:07 PM #4
ped's Avatar
ped ped is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Liverpool , UK
Posts: 4,896
Rep Power: 2346
ped has a reputation beyond reputeped has a reputation beyond reputeped has a reputation beyond reputeped has a reputation beyond reputeped has a reputation beyond reputeped has a reputation beyond reputeped has a reputation beyond reputeped has a reputation beyond reputeped has a reputation beyond reputeped has a reputation beyond reputeped has a reputation beyond repute
ped ped is offline
Super Moderator
ped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Liverpool , UK
Posts: 4,896
Rep Power: 2346
ped has a reputation beyond reputeped has a reputation beyond reputeped has a reputation beyond reputeped has a reputation beyond reputeped has a reputation beyond reputeped has a reputation beyond reputeped has a reputation beyond reputeped has a reputation beyond reputeped has a reputation beyond reputeped has a reputation beyond reputeped has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: xxxxx thumbs down for dishonesty

Starlight, with the greatest respect, shut the fcuk up and stop whining about that thread...Jeez!

Here, fill this out , and If I see one more post about this...you have been warned.

__________________
@Ped0771

5000mW Coherent/Kenometer

Lazoors:
550mW C6 9mm lens
445nm Blord "Big Boy" 3.36w 9mm lens
445nm Jarob C6 kit (on 3rd diode) 1.9w 9mm lens
Various 532n nm 15mw pens ~ 600mW monster
515nm 34mW Direct Green Diode - LaserBtB
Various 650's - 1mW pens upto 300mW C6's

Last edited by ped; 01-24-2015 at 11:08 PM.
ped is offline  
Closed Thread





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On











Loading












Privacy Policy | Advertising Disclaimer | Terms of Use


 


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:10 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Privacy Policy | Advertising Disclaimer | Terms of Use
Copyright (C) 2017 Laser Pointer Forums, LLC