Laser pointer discussion. Read/write reviews of laser pointers and laser pointer companies. Learn about all types of laser pointers and lasers





One laser store meets all your needs

Go Back   Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Laser Pointers > Off-Topic > Other





Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2016, 12:58 AM #6769
TheDukeAnumber1's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,060
Rep Power: 5906
TheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond repute
TheDukeAnumber1 TheDukeAnumber1 is offline
Class 3R Laser
TheDukeAnumber1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,060
Rep Power: 5906
TheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

@ Shakenawake

I don't mean to drag you back into this so feel free to ignore me but I wanted to say..... I cannot subscribe to a subjective moral worldview like you do. I would then have to accept that oppression built into a culture isn't necessarily objectively wrong, this goes against my moral experience and I reject it, I don't know how you could find this worldview morally conscionable.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyparagon View Post
You refusing to accept my establishment doesn't mean my establishment didn't take place..
And I explained myself, would you agree that I then established my points..... I doubt it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyparagon View Post
To reiterate: if we define morality as something that increases well-being or reduces unnecessary suffering, there are some actions that objectively increase well-being more than others. Would you like to define morality another way?
Where does your morality come from? What is the objective unchanging base? Cultural definitions of morality have changed through history and likely will continue to do so.... making it.... subjective. Just because you right now decide to view morality as promoting human flourishing doesn't make it an objective truth. Cultures have held this view and committed genocide. They just slightly alter who they view as human.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyparagon View Post
Furthermore, is a given action good because god says so, is a given action good despite god saying so, or is a given action good simply because it is in line with god's character... or do you have some other explanation?
We have been over the Euthyphro dilemma already. God's own nature is the standard of goodness, I know you will cry foul pointing to the old testament, but God would not be good if he was not also just. The dilemma has been addressed and unless you can provide an objective basis for morality without appealing to the dictionary of our time moral objections from the atheists worldview have no moral foundation.


__________________
“Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence."
http://laserpointerforums.com/donations.htm
“The end of life is not to be happy, nor to achieve pleasure and avoid pain, but to do the will of God, come what may.”—Martin Luther King
TheDukeAnumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote


















Old 06-02-2016, 01:29 AM #6770
Cyparagon's Avatar
Class 4 Laser
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,177
Rep Power: 17961
Cyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond repute
Cyparagon Cyparagon is online now
Class 4 Laser
Cyparagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,177
Rep Power: 17961
Cyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDukeAnumber1 View Post
Cultures have held this view and committed genocide. They just slightly alter who they view as human.
So you have (and I) a problem with their definition of human, and not their value for human well-being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDukeAnumber1 View Post
Just because you right now decide to view morality as promoting human flourishing doesn't make it an objective truth.
It does if we define it that way. And we usually do. If you do not agree, please provide an alternative definition to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDukeAnumber1 View Post
God's own nature is the standard of goodness
So you believe everything God does is good, yes? Does that also mean we can rightfully do the things god does? If not, why not?

If God told you to sacrifice your first born son, would you do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDukeAnumber1 View Post
unless you can provide an objective basis for morality without appealing to the dictionary...
This is just... laughable.

How can communication take place without first defining terms? All definitions are arguably subjective, but that is the nature of language. Your objection is basically "prove to me that 'two' is the same quantity as '2'. If you can't, then it is subjective. 'two' could just as easily be the same quantity as '3'." Yes, it could. But that is not what we have agreed upon. Again, your objection is of a linguistic nature, not a moral nature.
__________________
A problem well stated is a problem half solved.

Last edited by Cyparagon; 06-02-2016 at 01:40 AM. Reason: additional question
Cyparagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:15 AM #6771
RB astro's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia (ɹǝpunuʍop)
Posts: 1,156
Rep Power: 86337
RB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond repute
RB astro RB astro is offline
Super Moderator
RB astro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia (ɹǝpunuʍop)
Posts: 1,156
Rep Power: 86337
RB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyparagon View Post
So you believe everything God does is good, yes? Does that also mean we can rightfully do the things god does? If not, why not?

If God told you to sacrifice your first born son, would you do it?
Show me anywhere in the Bible that says someone actually went ahead and successfully sacrificed their first born because God told them to?
The only human sacrifices "to God" committed by people were and are currently done under the direction of Satan.

The Bible says:

Be Obedient, Holy Children
Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
But as he who has called you is holy, so be holy in all manner of conduct;
Because it is written, You will be holy; for I am holy.
1 Peter 1:13-16

RB
__________________
Andrew (RB)

─────────────────────────────────☀
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him
should not perish but have everlasting life.
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world,

but that the world through Him might be saved.
“He who believes in Him is not condemned;
but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”
(John 3:16-21)
─────────────────────────────────☀
If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from
the dead, you will be saved.
For it is with your heart that you believe unto righteousness
and it is with your mouth that you confess
your faith and
are saved.
(Romans 10:9-10)
─────────────────────────────────☀

Last edited by RB astro; 06-02-2016 at 02:19 AM.
RB astro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:23 AM #6772
Cyparagon's Avatar
Class 4 Laser
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,177
Rep Power: 17961
Cyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond repute
Cyparagon Cyparagon is online now
Class 4 Laser
Cyparagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,177
Rep Power: 17961
Cyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Whether it is in the bible or not is not the point. Answer the question.
__________________
A problem well stated is a problem half solved.

Last edited by Cyparagon; 06-02-2016 at 02:26 AM.
Cyparagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:30 AM #6773
RB astro's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia (ɹǝpunuʍop)
Posts: 1,156
Rep Power: 86337
RB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond repute
RB astro RB astro is offline
Super Moderator
RB astro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia (ɹǝpunuʍop)
Posts: 1,156
Rep Power: 86337
RB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyparagon View Post
Whether it is in the bible or not is not the point. Answer the question.
Yes I believe everything God does is Good and Just.
He wouldn't be God, by definition, if He wasn't Good and Just.

__________________
Andrew (RB)

─────────────────────────────────☀
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him
should not perish but have everlasting life.
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world,

but that the world through Him might be saved.
“He who believes in Him is not condemned;
but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”
(John 3:16-21)
─────────────────────────────────☀
If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from
the dead, you will be saved.
For it is with your heart that you believe unto righteousness
and it is with your mouth that you confess
your faith and
are saved.
(Romans 10:9-10)
─────────────────────────────────☀
RB astro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 03:00 AM #6774
TheDukeAnumber1's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,060
Rep Power: 5906
TheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond repute
TheDukeAnumber1 TheDukeAnumber1 is offline
Class 3R Laser
TheDukeAnumber1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,060
Rep Power: 5906
TheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

@ Cyparagon

I'll try to simplify this a bit and get to the driving question. If no life existed in the universe. Under atheism would good and evil, right and wrong still exist?
__________________
“Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence."
http://laserpointerforums.com/donations.htm
“The end of life is not to be happy, nor to achieve pleasure and avoid pain, but to do the will of God, come what may.”—Martin Luther King
TheDukeAnumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 03:23 AM #6775
Cyparagon's Avatar
Class 4 Laser
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,177
Rep Power: 17961
Cyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond repute
Cyparagon Cyparagon is online now
Class 4 Laser
Cyparagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,177
Rep Power: 17961
Cyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

I'm still looking for an answer to the question:
If God told you to sacrifice your first born son, would you do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDukeAnumber1 View Post
If no life existed in the universe. Under atheism would good and evil, right and wrong still exist?
Since right and wrong only apply to sentient minds as I understand it, I'm inclined to say no. I'm not certain, though.

It's like asking if gravity doesn't exist, would "up" still exist. If we define up as dependent on the direction of gravity, I'd be inclined to say no. We could also define up with some other reference, however, as is sometimes done on spacecraft for example.
__________________
A problem well stated is a problem half solved.
Cyparagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 03:33 AM #6776
RB astro's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia (ɹǝpunuʍop)
Posts: 1,156
Rep Power: 86337
RB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond repute
RB astro RB astro is offline
Super Moderator
RB astro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia (ɹǝpunuʍop)
Posts: 1,156
Rep Power: 86337
RB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyparagon View Post
I'm still looking for an answer to the question:
If God told you to sacrifice your first born son, would you do it?
In your position I'd be more worried about obeying the basics of God's directives before going deeper into requests for child sacrifice, but I think you know my answer.
I'd follow His directive, knowing that the Bible says:

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
And I will be found of you, saith the LORD


__________________
Andrew (RB)

─────────────────────────────────☀
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him
should not perish but have everlasting life.
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world,

but that the world through Him might be saved.
“He who believes in Him is not condemned;
but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”
(John 3:16-21)
─────────────────────────────────☀
If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from
the dead, you will be saved.
For it is with your heart that you believe unto righteousness
and it is with your mouth that you confess
your faith and
are saved.
(Romans 10:9-10)
─────────────────────────────────☀
RB astro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:51 AM #6777
Shakenawake's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,708
Rep Power: 3422
Shakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond repute
Shakenawake Shakenawake is offline
Class 3R Laser
Shakenawake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,708
Rep Power: 3422
Shakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB astro View Post
Show me anywhere in the Bible that says someone actually went ahead and successfully sacrificed their first born because God told them to?
The only human sacrifices "to God" committed by people were and are currently done under the direction of Satan.

The Bible says:

Be Obedient, Holy Children
Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
But as he who has called you is holy, so be holy in all manner of conduct;
Because it is written, You will be holy; for I am holy.
1 Peter 1:13-16

RB
you are forgetting Jepthath's daughter. she was his only child, but that probably doesnt qualify as a firstborn back then since it was pretty much male dominated, but anyway, she was a human sacrificed to god. or am I out of context again?

how could you forget this? I thought you guys new the bible better than I

well duke, at least we share solidarity in our mutual frustration with eachother

btw, things dont have to be objectively wrong to be wrong. a culture may sin, but as we progress in understanding we become more moral. an example would be burning someone accused of witchcraft when the real reason is ergot poisoning. superstitious beliefs lead to human rights abuses, but science can reveal things hidden to the limited filter of our senses, and give us accurate information to act upon. then we can go after the contaminated rye grain instead of burning people alive with no effect on the crisis.

"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
And I will be found of you, saith the LORD"

I had thought I had done this, but I did not find him. is there a way I can tell if I'm doing something "with all my heart"? because it looks like that's the only qualifier and seeing as I used to believe strongly enough to preach to others, I want to say it was with all my heart
__________________
501B BDR-209 16X 405nm 630mW @.52Ag lens
Host by Ehgemus NUBM44 450nm 6.8W @4.5A g lens
Host by Ehgemus M462 462nm 1.5W @1.2A g lens
Dominator NUBM07E 465nm 4.3W @3.5A g lens
L2P Nichi@ NDG4216 515nm 110mW @ .35A
501B by Blord osr@m PL520 520nm 95mW @.3A g lens
PL-E pro from Jetlasers nichi@ NDG7475 520nm 980mW, 730mW w/ 10X BE

Lasermax Genesis sight 532nm 5mW
RPL from Optotronics 532nm 450mW

Spartan from Dragonlasers 589nm 50mW
501B HL63133DG 638nm 210mW @.3A g lens
501B Ocl@ro HL63193MG 638nm 960mW @1.3A g lens

501B by Blord LPC 826 660nm 325mW @?A g lens
PL660 from Laserbtb 660nm 1020mW

LPM
DL matrix and fan transmission gratings

laser powers in sig are about 20 seconds into duty cycle, not peak powers

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/co...her-94720.html

(I guess I am a vet now)

Last edited by Shakenawake; 06-02-2016 at 05:10 AM.
Shakenawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:38 AM #6778
RB astro's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia (ɹǝpunuʍop)
Posts: 1,156
Rep Power: 86337
RB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond repute
RB astro RB astro is offline
Super Moderator
RB astro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia (ɹǝpunuʍop)
Posts: 1,156
Rep Power: 86337
RB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakenawake View Post
you are forgetting Jepthath's daughter. she was his only child, but that probably doesnt qualify as a firstborn back then since it was pretty much male dominated, but anyway, she was a human sacrificed to god. or am I out of context again?

how could you forget this? I thought you guys new the bible better than I
Well Shaky, I didn't forget about Jepthath's daughter nor did I ever claim I knew the Bible better than other individuals, I just like to put things in context for them.

Of course it's easy for people to do a quick Google search on a phrase like "child sacrifices to God in the Bible" and run away with the first few hits returned and claim they 'found' a discrepancy in the Bible.

Jepthath's daughter was never demanded as a sacrifice by God.
In fact God did not ask for a sacrifice from Jepthath in the chapter in Judges 11.
It was Jepthath who hastily made that tragic vow to God assuming an animal would be the first thing to greet him when he got back home.

God didn't ask for a child sacrifice.

The only time God 'asked for a child sacrifice' was from Abraham for his son Isaac to prove Abraham obedient
Of course, as you know, God stopped him when Abraham was going to go ahead and obey God's request.

God has never asked for a human sacrifice from a person from the Bible.

He did though offer Himself His only Begotten Son as The Sacrifice for your sins and mine.

__________________
Andrew (RB)

─────────────────────────────────☀
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him
should not perish but have everlasting life.
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world,

but that the world through Him might be saved.
“He who believes in Him is not condemned;
but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”
(John 3:16-21)
─────────────────────────────────☀
If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from
the dead, you will be saved.
For it is with your heart that you believe unto righteousness
and it is with your mouth that you confess
your faith and
are saved.
(Romans 10:9-10)
─────────────────────────────────☀
RB astro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:00 AM #6779
Shakenawake's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,708
Rep Power: 3422
Shakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond repute
Shakenawake Shakenawake is offline
Class 3R Laser
Shakenawake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,708
Rep Power: 3422
Shakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond reputeShakenawake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Uh, I actually knew the story before, no google involved. god may not have asked for it but he sure accepted it. wonder why god didnt stop jepthath as well if he is so aversive to humans being sacrificed to him. I can only conclude that Issac's life was worth more to god than jepthath's daughter's. he did like animals being sacrificed to him though, and maybe his own son, so, he does like it to some degree at least.

I always felt kinda bad for Cain in the bible, offering things he grew instead of things he killed. it's a lot more work to grow and nurture something than to go out and kill, IMO. I know I know, the ground was cursed and so stuff from it isnt suitable as offering. that's some dumb arbitrary stuff to me. suprised I dont meet more christian exclusive-carnivores who wont eat fruits or veggies because the ground was cursed
__________________
501B BDR-209 16X 405nm 630mW @.52Ag lens
Host by Ehgemus NUBM44 450nm 6.8W @4.5A g lens
Host by Ehgemus M462 462nm 1.5W @1.2A g lens
Dominator NUBM07E 465nm 4.3W @3.5A g lens
L2P Nichi@ NDG4216 515nm 110mW @ .35A
501B by Blord osr@m PL520 520nm 95mW @.3A g lens
PL-E pro from Jetlasers nichi@ NDG7475 520nm 980mW, 730mW w/ 10X BE

Lasermax Genesis sight 532nm 5mW
RPL from Optotronics 532nm 450mW

Spartan from Dragonlasers 589nm 50mW
501B HL63133DG 638nm 210mW @.3A g lens
501B Ocl@ro HL63193MG 638nm 960mW @1.3A g lens

501B by Blord LPC 826 660nm 325mW @?A g lens
PL660 from Laserbtb 660nm 1020mW

LPM
DL matrix and fan transmission gratings

laser powers in sig are about 20 seconds into duty cycle, not peak powers

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/co...her-94720.html

(I guess I am a vet now)

Last edited by Shakenawake; 06-02-2016 at 06:06 AM.
Shakenawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:08 AM #6780
olympus mons's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,285
Rep Power: 1743
olympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond repute
olympus mons olympus mons is offline
Class 3R Laser
olympus mons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,285
Rep Power: 1743
olympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

So is God not all knowing? I'm pretty sure Christians think he is according to their interpretation of the holy text. Therefore he knew Jepathats daughter would be the one being sacrificed. Just as he knew creating the Tree of knowledge would lead to the fall of man.

Do we as adults go around blaming abducted children that were tempted into vans with candy even though the parents have taught children how important it is to not talk to strangers or accept rides? Are we not Gods children and does he not know immensely more than his children especially taking into account he created them, how their minds work, the flaws in their reasoning and limits of their ability to comprehend outcomes? Blaming Adam for original sin is worse than blaming a child being abducted imo.

If all knowing God is our father and we his children, what kind of father would create and place something so potentially harmful right in his children's own back yard when he knew without any doubt the outcome? Why create the fallen angels or woman knowing they would also be part of the fall of man. Why all the games and why couldn't he just get it right the first time? Why then chose to kill every human and animal on earth in an epic flood except for a boat load of organisms but not make any changes in mankind, his very own flawed design. Why all the games? God, if You love us so much and want to forgive us for your own screw ups then just forgive us. Whats with all the Jesus stuff? Why all the games?

The Bible to me is one big book of endless victim blaming. God made man, God made man evidently not immune to being fooled, naive, or overly curious. God made Lucifer a much more intelligent and experienced entity than humans knowing full well Lucifer would challenge him and fall from grace, and attack gods created man. God made Eve knowing she would encourage Adam eating from the tree. God for some reason that has never been explained, made the tree of knowledge and placed it in the Garden with his flawed creations. Does he place it on the highest mountain tops to avoid the eons of suffering? Nope, he puts it right smack in the garden of Eden. Its as if God wanted nothing more than the fall of man. The only purpose this tree serves was to ensure man fall from the lords grace.

There is no answer I could conceive that would suffice because he is GOD. If the tree had to exist for some reason then he has the power to have made the universe in which the tree need not be for the universe to exist. GOD, is to blame for this whole mess not humans. WE were a lousy design as was shown proof positive when Adam took the bite. So why didn't god just admit he screwed up royally, not give Noah warning of the coming flood, and wipe us all out and everything in it, learn from his mistakes, and try again? If an operating system is corrupt and doesn't work as the creator wished you don't save the OS on an external hard drive, aka the Ark, wipe out the hard-drive, the entire living world, and simply re install the same crappy OS. Why wasn't there human 2.0? Why would God think that millions of post flood pro created humans would fair any better than just the original Man did who was able to walk and talk with God and unlike prayer, actually get answers and have physical interactions?

So he sent his son to try to clean up his mess. Again knowing the outcome. Again.... why the games?

Not that anyone other than Alan has bothered replying to the past dozen or so replies I have left over the past month They just get ignored. I guess this is a private conversation between a few of you so Ill leave you all to it. Just been wondering these thoughts my whole life.

Back to debating the definition of atheist, the horrors of subjective morality, ext ext
__________________

lllllll--------------o---||||||||]_
_________________________
lllllll-o----------------||||||||]

Last edited by olympus mons; 06-02-2016 at 10:02 AM.
olympus mons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:08 PM #6781
Pi R Squared's Avatar
Class 3B Laser
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Snohomish County Washington, US
Posts: 3,798
Rep Power: 7219
Pi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond repute
Pi R Squared Pi R Squared is offline
Class 3B Laser
Pi R Squared's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Snohomish County Washington, US
Posts: 3,798
Rep Power: 7219
Pi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

There are many questions here, some are controversial among Christians and have divided churches and can't be agreed upon. Christianity is very divided, if you read the creeds, statements of faith, or catechisms of the different churches you will find a few core beliefs but much of it will be different. So I won't bother quoting the most common core beliefs but will try to answer some of this with what I and some Christians believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olympus mons View Post
So is God not all knowing? I'm pretty sure Christians think he is according to their interpretation of the holy text. Therefore he knew Jepathats daughter would be the one being sacrificed. Just as he knew creating the Tree of knowledge would lead to the fall of man.

I Am not so sure God is all knowing, most Christians think so but there are indications he is not. If he knew what we would do in advance don't you think that would be a little boring? Remember God regretted making man in the flesh because his thoughts are continuously evil, it sounds to me that he didn't know things would turn out that way. If all this is true then how is it that we can have phrophets that predict the future? I would argue that this is because God intervenes in some events to make things turn out a certain way, but most of what goes on here is random.

If all knowing God is our father and we his children, what kind of father would create and place something so potentially harmful right in his children's own back yard when he knew without any doubt the outcome?

He did not know the outcome and would have granted them knowledge when the time was right. He didn't know what Satan would do.

Why create the fallen angels or woman knowing they would also be part of the fall of man.

God did not create the fallen angels, he created the Angels, the fallen Angels are the ones who chose to follow Satan. I don't think he knew that Satan would become a revolutionary and start a war, that war still continues today.

Why all the games and why couldn't he just get it right the first time?

Well he either didn't get it right or he changed his mind several times. Adam and Eve weren't even the first humans, here is a quote of the sixth day creation:

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Continue to chapter 2 and see that God created Adam and Eve on the 8th day, he must have had a special future planned for them. Now who were these humans created on the 6th day? Is that when all the races were created? Or are we talking about primitive versions of man, Homo Erectus, Neanderthals, etc. I don't know.


Why then chose to kill every human and animal on earth in an epic flood except for a boat load of organisms but not make any changes in mankind, his very own flawed design.

It was those sons of God that came down to earth and took wives among the daughters of men. They eventually contaminated the DNA of the entire human race, maybe Noah and his family were the only pure humans left. Jesus warned us it will happen again, from the book of Luke:

26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

Those sons of God that came down to earth were not Angels, they were biological beings like us because they could mate with women and they could be killed. I believe they were aliens from another world and I believe it is already happening again. I think they are visiting the earth again and I think there are human alien hybrids walking among us that look just like us, and when there is enough of them they will take control of the earth. It is a long term planetary acquisition program to eliminate humans and take over the earth. I know that will sound crazy to Christians and athiests alike, but I strongly suspect this is true.


The Bible to me is one big book of endless victim blaming. God made man, God made man evidently not immune to being fooled, naive, or overly curious. God made Lucifer a much more intelligent and experienced entity than humans knowing full well Lucifer would challenge him and fall from grace, and attack gods created man.

I really doubt he knew this, I doubt he expected a war in heaven.

God made Eve knowing she would encourage Adam eating from the tree.

She was not smart enough to avoid being tricked into doing this, remember she didn't get the idea herself but was pressured into it.

God for some reason that has never been explained, made the tree of knowledge and placed it in the Garden with his flawed creations. Does he place it on the highest mountain tops to avoid the eons of suffering? Nope, he puts it right smack in the garden of Eden. Its as if God wanted nothing more than the fall of man. The only purpose this tree serves was to ensure man fall from the lords grace.

The garden was a protected area, there were already people living in other parts of the world at the time. I disagree with your conclusion.

There is no answer I could conceive that would suffice because he is GOD. If the tree had to exist for some reason then he has the power to have made the universe in which the tree need not be for the universe to exist. GOD, is to blame for this whole mess not humans. WE were a lousy design as was shown proof positive when Adam took the bite. So why didn't god just admit he screwed up royally, not give Noah warning of the coming flood, and wipe us all out and everything in it, learn from his mistakes, and try again? If an operating system is corrupt and doesn't work as the creator wished you don't save the OS on an external hard drive, aka the Ark, wipe out the hard-drive, the entire living world, and simply re install the same crappy OS. Why wasn't there human 2.0? Why would God think that millions of post flood pro created humans would fair any better than just the original Man did who was able to walk and talk with God and unlike prayer, actually get answers and have physical interactions?

There is some logic to your thinking but I can't agree with it, we just don't have enough of the details.

So he sent his son to try to clean up his mess. Again knowing the outcome. Again.... why the games?

Again I am not sure he knew the outcome. I believe this was after the war in heaven started and we (us humans) were threatened and being held for ransom and there was some deal to save us.

Mathew ch20:
28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Mark ch10:
45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.


Not that anyone other than Alan has bothered replying to the past dozen or so replies I have left over the past month They just get ignored. I guess this is a private conversation between a few of you so Ill leave you all to it. Just been wondering these thoughts my whole life.

Back to debating the definition of atheist, the horrors of subjective morality, ext ext
You said it perfectly why I really don't like this thread, people with totally different beliefs that have no chance of convincing each other of anything.

Alan
__________________
Keychain 650nm <5mW
Quartet 4-in-1 630-680nm <1mW

AtlasNova 635nm <5mW
MillionAccessories 532nm <5mW broken
M462 462nm one of a kind (in progress)
PLTB450B 450nm 1913mW G2 lens
PL520 520nm 82mW acrylic lens
S06J 12X 405nm 590mW G2 lens
C6 M140 445nm 1.5W 3 element lens
9mm 445nm with G2 lens in a stainless steel host
Radiant Electronics X4 3.7W Laser Power Meter


Everyone please post here: Countries of LPF. Where are you? <link>
___________________________________________
The light that shines twice as bright burns half as long.
Pi R Squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:00 PM #6782
Cyparagon's Avatar
Class 4 Laser
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,177
Rep Power: 17961
Cyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond repute
Cyparagon Cyparagon is online now
Class 4 Laser
Cyparagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,177
Rep Power: 17961
Cyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB astro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyparagon View Post
If God told you to sacrifice your first born son, would you do it?
I'd follow His directive
You would kill for your religion and still claim the moral high ground. That says a lot. Our views of morality are SO vastly different, there's no reason to continue.

I'd still like to know what Mr Duke thinks:
If God told you to sacrifice your first born son, would you do it?
__________________
A problem well stated is a problem half solved.
Cyparagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:43 PM #6783
RB astro's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia (ɹǝpunuʍop)
Posts: 1,156
Rep Power: 86337
RB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond repute
RB astro RB astro is offline
Super Moderator
RB astro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia (ɹǝpunuʍop)
Posts: 1,156
Rep Power: 86337
RB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyparagon View Post
You would kill for your religion and still claim the moral high ground. That says a lot. Our views of morality are SO vastly different, there's no reason to continue.
It would be nice if you would include all my response, not cherry pick and take out of context what my answer was to you.

I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB astro
I'd follow His directive, knowing that the Bible says:

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
And I will be found of you, saith the LORD
Which means I know because I know because I know, God would never EVER expect me to go out and kill for His gratification.
That's not my God, that's other people's god.

It is really difficult to keep answering you when you don't take into consideration the Bible verses I quote too in my answer and just take my words out of context.

Anyway, I still 'love' you guys, I don't get offended and I will always try and reply to the best of my ability the reasons for my belief.

__________________
Andrew (RB)

─────────────────────────────────☀
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him
should not perish but have everlasting life.
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world,

but that the world through Him might be saved.
“He who believes in Him is not condemned;
but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”
(John 3:16-21)
─────────────────────────────────☀
If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from
the dead, you will be saved.
For it is with your heart that you believe unto righteousness
and it is with your mouth that you confess
your faith and
are saved.
(Romans 10:9-10)
─────────────────────────────────☀
RB astro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:57 PM #6784
RB astro's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia (ɹǝpunuʍop)
Posts: 1,156
Rep Power: 86337
RB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond repute
RB astro RB astro is offline
Super Moderator
RB astro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia (ɹǝpunuʍop)
Posts: 1,156
Rep Power: 86337
RB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond reputeRB astro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Sorry I don't usually make double posts but I couldn't avoid it this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi R Squared View Post
I Am not so sure God is all knowing, most Christians think so...
Alan
Christians that read the Bible and take it seriously know that He does know everything because of verses like this one:

for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done...
Isaiah 46: 9-10



Quote:
Originally Posted by olympus mons View Post
Not that anyone other than Alan has bothered replying to the past dozen or so replies I have left over the past month They just get ignored. I guess this is a private conversation between a few of you so Ill leave you all to it. Just been wondering these thoughts my whole life.
My apologies Olympus, I hope I haven't come across as ignoring anything you posted.
I haven't been following this thread because I have been off line from the forum for the last month or so, my kids were sick and then I fell sick too.
It's hard sometimes juggling family, work and health and I can't spend as much time online as I'd like.

I would like to say though that a lot of your recent questions in your last post I've answered numerous times before in this thread to other people and it's hard to keep having to answer them over and over again to different members.

I didn't want to come across as ignoring anyone in particular, I cherish each and everyone of you here.

RB
__________________
Andrew (RB)

─────────────────────────────────☀
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him
should not perish but have everlasting life.
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world,

but that the world through Him might be saved.
“He who believes in Him is not condemned;
but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”
(John 3:16-21)
─────────────────────────────────☀
If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from
the dead, you will be saved.
For it is with your heart that you believe unto righteousness
and it is with your mouth that you confess
your faith and
are saved.
(Romans 10:9-10)
─────────────────────────────────☀
RB astro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://laserpointerforums.com/f57/lpf-s-religion-34223.html
Posted By For Type Date
DARPA Continues Human Experiments to Create Military Super Soldiers - Top US World News | Susanne Posel Daily Headlines and Research This thread Refback 08-05-2014 01:49 AM
Def belongs in my future home | Caylin&#39;s | Pinterest This thread Refback 05-19-2014 05:18 PM
Man slays son; claims God told him to | Say What? This thread Refback 06-17-2012 04:35 AM
LPF's Religion - Page 92 - Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Lasers & Laser Pointers This thread Refback 02-29-2012 04:46 AM










Loading
















Privacy Policy | Advertising Disclaimer | Terms of Use


 


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:13 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Privacy Policy | Advertising Disclaimer | Terms of Use
Copyright (C) 2017 Laser Pointer Forums, LLC