Laser pointer discussion. Read/write reviews of laser pointers and laser pointer companies. Learn about all types of laser pointers and lasers





Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums! If you are looking for a laser pointer or want to compare different laser pointer companies, you may want to check out the LPF Laser Pointer Company Database. The link will open in a new window for your convenience.








Green Laser Pointers by Category Blue Laser Pointers by Category Red Laser Pointers by Category
Yellow Laser Pointers by Category Violet Laser Pointers by Category Orange Laser Pointers by Category
Top Laser Pointers by Power - 1 Watt+ Top Laser Pointers by Power - 500mW+ Top Laser Pointers by Power - 250mW+
Laser Pointer Database High Power Laser Pointers Laser Pointer Diodes
Laser Technology Laser Pointer Parts Lasers by Wavelength
Top 10 Laser Pointer Companies Laser Pointer Company Database Visible Beam Laser Pointers


One laser store meets all your needs

























Go Back   Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Laser Pointers > Off-Topic > Other



LPF List of Laser Pointer Companies (link opens new window)



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2015, 12:09 AM #6081
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,296
Rep Power: 174
Teej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond repute
Teej Teej is offline
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,296
Rep Power: 174
Teej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi R Squared View Post
The flat earthers aren't a religion, they are simply mentally impaired people that have trouble with 3 dimensional thinking. I actually heard a 3 hour long radio show on this in recent weeks and could hardly believe what I was hearing. This one guy really sounded like he believed the earth is flat and the sun orbits the earth and made some good arguments in favor of it. There are some really deranged people out there that will believe anything.

Alan
Alan, you are so right.

The young earth/creationists/Intelligent Design people/flat earthers are incredibly unable to grasp, or allow themselves to grasp, what others are easily able to comprehend.


Again though, you have to remember that there are different types of intelligence. Just because a person's need to believe one thing causes them to feel they are forced to have beliefs about other things, doesn't mean that otherwise, they would have thought the earth was flat or only ~ 6k years old.

They typically ONLY believe there was a biblical flood, etc, because they think/feel that admitting to themselves that there wasn't, would open the floodgates on the rest of their belief system's validity.


If they are the kind of person who is terrified at the mere thought of losing the comfort that thinking they will live forever/not stop existing provides, they will then defend the most idiotic ideas that they think go hand in hand..such as the earth is flat, there was a biblical flood, etc.


Teej is offline   Reply With Quote







LPF List of Laser Pointer Companies (link opens new window)







Old 10-20-2015, 01:00 AM #6082
olympus mons's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,285
Rep Power: 1743
olympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond repute
olympus mons olympus mons is offline
Class 3R Laser
olympus mons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,285
Rep Power: 1743
olympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi R Squared View Post

I do know about the LUCIFER telescope, I have heard a lot about it. I think I know what they are looking for, and I don't think the article has it right. This isn't the place to talk about it though as it will bring religion back into this thread. Post about it in the Religion thread if you want.

Alan
Are you going to cite Wormwood Alan? Im just trying to gauge the level of delusion you live in. It's currently a toss up between you and RBastro, who is more indoctrinated. Your rants about people being the tool of satan and the coming Apocalypse, is pretty on par with RB's complete willful fortifier of his own faculties and reasoning ability's.
__________________

lllllll--------------o---||||||||]_
_________________________
lllllll-o----------------||||||||]

Last edited by olympus mons; 10-20-2015 at 01:07 AM.
olympus mons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:40 AM #6083
Pi R Squared's Avatar
Class 3B Laser
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Snohomish County Washington, US
Posts: 3,798
Rep Power: 3794
Pi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond repute
Pi R Squared Pi R Squared is offline
Class 3B Laser
Pi R Squared's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Snohomish County Washington, US
Posts: 3,798
Rep Power: 3794
Pi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond reputePi R Squared has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by olympus mons View Post
Are you going to cite Wormwood Alan? Im just trying to gauge the level of delusion you live in. It's currently a toss up between you and RBastro, who is more indoctrinated. Your rants about people being the tool of satan and the coming Apocalypse, is pretty on par with RB's complete willful fortifier of his own faculties and reasoning ability's.
I am not delusional although people in the Vatican could be, and you are smarter than I thought. I don't know if you have been listening to late night talk radio for years or was that just a guess? The late father Malachi Martin, also a Jesuit priest actually said on a radio show in the late 1990's that that's what they were looking for (Wormwood). They may be looking for aliens too as the article stated I wouldn't be surprised. If the prophecy were to turn out to be true they could be looking in the wrong place. It might be something like Fukushima that poisons a third of the worlds water, although in the text it does say it comes from the sky and in the original Greek, not just in English.

Alan
__________________
Keychain 650nm <5mW
Quartet 4-in-1 630-680nm <1mW

AtlasNova 635nm <5mW
MillionAccessories 532nm <5mW broken
M462 462nm one of a kind (in progress)
PLTB450B 450nm 1913mW G2 lens
PL520 520nm 82mW acrylic lens
S06J 12X 405nm 590mW G2 lens
C6 M140 445nm 1.5W 3 element lens
9mm 445nm with G2 lens in a stainless steel host
Radiant Electronics X4 3.7W Laser Power Meter


Everyone please post here: Countries of LPF. Where are you? <link>
___________________________________________
The light that shines twice as bright burns half as long.
Pi R Squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:54 AM #6084
TheDukeAnumber1's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,048
Rep Power: 3014
TheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond repute
TheDukeAnumber1 TheDukeAnumber1 is offline
Class 3R Laser
TheDukeAnumber1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,048
Rep Power: 3014
TheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyparagon View Post
My conclusion is based on your claims about him. If you disagree that your god is an exceedingly complex being, please explain how.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyparagon View Post
No one has provided answers to these things. In fact, most believe he is above our understanding - that we couldn't possibly hope to understand everything about him. Even if someone had provided answers, they wouldn't be verifiable, because your god is the hide-and-seek champion of the universe.
I made no claims about the complexity of God. You said if he exists be must be exceedingly complex, then you go on to say no one has provided answers but if I did provide answers or "claims" they can't be verifiable.

That's not solid ground for you to draw the conclusion "God must be exceedingly complex"

I do not have the answers to how complex God is.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyparagon View Post
Yes. But until someone can even come close to explaining everything about god, it's an argument from ignorance.
Until someone can even come close to explaining everything about (Insert almost anything here), it's an argument from ignorance.

If anything is being argued using Occam's Razor then assumptions are involved on both sides and there is ignorance.
__________________
“Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence."
http://laserpointerforums.com/donations.htm
“It is impossible that any ill should happen to the man who is beloved of the Lord; the most crushing calamities can only shorten his journey and hasten him to his reward. Ill to him is no ill, but only good in a mysterious form. Losses enrich him, sickness is his medicine, reproach is his honour, death is his gain. No evil in the strict sense of the word can happen to him, for everything is overruled for good. Happy is he who is in such a case. He is secure where others are in peril, he lives where others die.”—Spurgeon

Last edited by TheDukeAnumber1; 10-20-2015 at 01:54 AM.
TheDukeAnumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:57 AM #6085
APEX1's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: LEVITTOWN PA
Posts: 1,120
Rep Power: 421
APEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond repute
APEX1 APEX1 is offline
Class 3R Laser
APEX1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: LEVITTOWN PA
Posts: 1,120
Rep Power: 421
APEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

As always Alaskan has taken the words right out of mouth!! I'm gonna have a long night of reading this whole thread!
__________________
Justin

THANK A VET!

some lasers
1W 405 LABBY
3wNDB7875 SKYRAY
(2) 2WM140 BUILDS
1.5W CAS!O 501B
2W M462 WICKED LASER REPLICA HOST
1.2W 520 LABBY
500MW 532 PLE-PRO
180MW 532 EBAY OVERKILL


Some of my stuff is for sale check them out here <---link

NEED HELP ON YOUR FIRST BUILD? CLICK HERE OR HERE
APEX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:03 AM #6086
olympus mons's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,285
Rep Power: 1743
olympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond repute
olympus mons olympus mons is offline
Class 3R Laser
olympus mons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,285
Rep Power: 1743
olympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by APEX1 View Post
As always Alaskan has taken the words right out of mouth!! I'm gonna have a long night of reading this whole thread!
Long night? LOL! if you miss this thread for a week you would have a long night. This has been going on for years now. Good luck.
__________________

lllllll--------------o---||||||||]_
_________________________
lllllll-o----------------||||||||]
olympus mons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:05 AM #6087
APEX1's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: LEVITTOWN PA
Posts: 1,120
Rep Power: 421
APEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond repute
APEX1 APEX1 is offline
Class 3R Laser
APEX1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: LEVITTOWN PA
Posts: 1,120
Rep Power: 421
APEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

its actually been about 4 or 5 days since my last post! you sir are slowly becoming my new hero lol nice work man keep it up seriously
__________________
Justin

THANK A VET!

some lasers
1W 405 LABBY
3wNDB7875 SKYRAY
(2) 2WM140 BUILDS
1.5W CAS!O 501B
2W M462 WICKED LASER REPLICA HOST
1.2W 520 LABBY
500MW 532 PLE-PRO
180MW 532 EBAY OVERKILL


Some of my stuff is for sale check them out here <---link

NEED HELP ON YOUR FIRST BUILD? CLICK HERE OR HERE
APEX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:27 AM #6088
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,296
Rep Power: 174
Teej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond repute
Teej Teej is offline
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,296
Rep Power: 174
Teej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: LPF's Religion

BTW -

The part about complicated gods - Duke said Occam's Razor would lend itself to evidence of god, because to Duke, that seemed simple.

Cyp indicated that adding a god to the equation makes it more complicated, not more simple.

The reasoning was essentially along the lines of having to end up with time and space, and matter and energy, PLUS having it created by a supernatural being who existed BEFORE TIME AND SPACE...

...and concluding that everything PLUS the supernatural was more complicated than JUST having everything W/O adding that layer.



Essentially, spacetime results in matter/energy, such as photons, positron and electrons...and that produces mass for expansion.

We have evidence for spacetime and relativity, etc, as that's why atomic and nuclear power works, why gps satellites work, etc. If it were wrong, they would not WORK.

There is ZERO evidence for the existence of god.


Sure, many people "believe in god", but they all believe in DIFFERENT GODS.

It's like saying we should consider the easter bunny as real because millions of people BELIEVE IT EXISTS.


Faith and feelings are not evidence.


If a religion says there was a global flood, and everything was killed except the ark riders...there would be evidence of it, massive evidence.

There is not only no evidence OF it, there is massive and conclusive evidence that it never happened.


So, just because some people think something is true, doesn't MAKE it true, it merely makes them wrong.


So, anyway - the simple answer IS sometimes the right one, and, in the case of a supernatural vs natural explanation....the natural IS simpler, if you know the physics...and complicated only if the complication is from ignorance of the physics.

The physics ARE pretty heady though, so, it's not a surprising event when spacetime issues bogle more easily than the tried and true "Yes Son, thunder is what you hear when the gods are fighting", etc.


Last edited by Teej; 10-20-2015 at 02:31 AM.
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:36 AM #6089
APEX1's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: LEVITTOWN PA
Posts: 1,120
Rep Power: 421
APEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond repute
APEX1 APEX1 is offline
Class 3R Laser
APEX1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: LEVITTOWN PA
Posts: 1,120
Rep Power: 421
APEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond reputeAPEX1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

best written reply Teej! I'll rep ya for it when I can lol
__________________
Justin

THANK A VET!

some lasers
1W 405 LABBY
3wNDB7875 SKYRAY
(2) 2WM140 BUILDS
1.5W CAS!O 501B
2W M462 WICKED LASER REPLICA HOST
1.2W 520 LABBY
500MW 532 PLE-PRO
180MW 532 EBAY OVERKILL


Some of my stuff is for sale check them out here <---link

NEED HELP ON YOUR FIRST BUILD? CLICK HERE OR HERE
APEX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:58 AM #6090
Cyparagon's Avatar
Class 4 Laser
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,146
Rep Power: 9765
Cyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond repute
Cyparagon Cyparagon is online now
Class 4 Laser
Cyparagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,146
Rep Power: 9765
Cyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond reputeCyparagon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDukeAnumber1 View Post
I do not have the answers to how complex God is.
Good! That's more than most Christians will admit. Now we're getting somewhere.

NOW... Until we can gauge the complexity, it doesn't work to use occam's razor, since it relies on complexity.
__________________
A problem well stated is a problem half solved.
Cyparagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:31 AM #6091
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,065
Rep Power: 0
VisibleGreen has a reputation beyond reputeVisibleGreen has a reputation beyond reputeVisibleGreen has a reputation beyond reputeVisibleGreen has a reputation beyond reputeVisibleGreen has a reputation beyond reputeVisibleGreen has a reputation beyond reputeVisibleGreen has a reputation beyond reputeVisibleGreen has a reputation beyond reputeVisibleGreen has a reputation beyond reputeVisibleGreen has a reputation beyond reputeVisibleGreen has a reputation beyond repute
VisibleGreen VisibleGreen is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,065
Rep Power: 0
VisibleGreen has a reputation beyond reputeVisibleGreen has a reputation beyond reputeVisibleGreen has a reputation beyond reputeVisibleGreen has a reputation beyond reputeVisibleGreen has a reputation beyond reputeVisibleGreen has a reputation beyond reputeVisibleGreen has a reputation beyond reputeVisibleGreen has a reputation beyond reputeVisibleGreen has a reputation beyond reputeVisibleGreen has a reputation beyond reputeVisibleGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyparagon View Post
Good! That's more than most Christians will admit. Now we're getting somewhere.

NOW... Until we can gauge the complexity, it doesn't work to use occam's razor, since it relies on complexity.
Going somewhere? Only because you think it's going your way. I'm afraid you're wrong in that assumption along with countless other statements. You're only here to promote your way of thinking and anyone who doesn't is a moron.
VisibleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:50 AM #6092
olympus mons's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,285
Rep Power: 1743
olympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond repute
olympus mons olympus mons is offline
Class 3R Laser
olympus mons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,285
Rep Power: 1743
olympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond reputeolympus mons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisibleGreen View Post
Going somewhere? Only because you think it's going your way. I'm afraid you're wrong in that assumption along with countless other statements. You're only here to promote your way of thinking and anyone who doesn't is a moron.
You're essentially saying he's only here to defend his posistion which he has repeatedly. Should he be arguing your case for you? What are YOU here for?

Make your case. Defend your posistion. Stop putting words in people's mouth. Nobody has called anyone here a moron. I grow tired of the incessant victim mentality and exaggerated add on's to people's words.
__________________

lllllll--------------o---||||||||]_
_________________________
lllllll-o----------------||||||||]

Last edited by olympus mons; 10-20-2015 at 07:54 AM.
olympus mons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:03 PM #6093
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,296
Rep Power: 174
Teej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond repute
Teej Teej is offline
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,296
Rep Power: 174
Teej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisibleGreen View Post
Going somewhere? Only because you think it's going your way. I'm afraid you're wrong in that assumption along with countless other statements. You're only here to promote your way of thinking and anyone who doesn't is a moron.
Here to promote:

1) your way of thinking

2) anyone who isn't a moron


Hmmm, interesting interpretation of the thread as a whole....as both the theists and atheists seem to want to promote anyone who is not a moron...

...and, both also want to promote their way of thinking.


I think that's sort of a point of FORUMS in general, each side states its points/opinions, etc, the other side states theirs...and neither side wants to argue with morons, as the level of conversation and insight is diluted proportionally.



The main problem theists seem to HAVE with this thread, is that unlike atheists, who do tend to argue from logic and not faith, theists CANNOT argue from logic, as their argument is 100% faith-based.


So a theist CAN BE quite logical in other areas of his life, but, his brain MUST block logical pathways that lead to usurpation of that faith's foundation.


If he DOESN'T block those pathways, he will discover that his faith is baseless....and, that will then result in a collapse of core beliefs.


This is why this thread, which allows people to lay out their beliefs, is SO threatening to theists....they really don't HAVE a logical reason for their beliefs.

Atheists DO have a logical basis for THEIR beliefs, and can make logical arguments to support their case.


The crux then boils down to that the faith-based arguments are illogical, and the theists get frustrated because they can't seem to convince others that the theist side is logical...

...and the atheists are in complete control as their arguments are logical.


That is why the theists HATE this thread, and want it gone, because its a record of them being proven wrong over and over again, and, the cognitive dissonance over that is maddening to them.


The atheists on the other hand are censured in daily life, and tend to never have a venue for discussing how THEY feel and believe. Theists, as the majority position, are used to having things their way, and theism being the default belief system.

A muslim or atheist, buddhist, etc, not wanting to participate in xmas makes theists feel like they are under attack for example.

Anyone who disagrees makes them feel as though they are being assaulted.


So, theists generally down vote the thread/want it gone, and atheists, and those with in between beliefs, such as spiritualism, etc, love the thread as its a rare opportunity to voice a dissenting opinion w/o being attacked physically at least.




If the overall conclusion after reading the thread was that god existed, theists would LOVE the thread.

They vote it down though, so, as a group, it seems that they hate it.


The BEST faith-based arguments should concentrate on that faith, and avoid trying to use logic or science.

ALL theist attempts for example to use science and logic have been based, so far, on hoax or faulty reasoning/understanding and misuse OF the science or logic.

NO valid arguments, historically, that prove the existence of god, a 6k year old earth, or the global flood for example, have ever been presented in the history of theism.


Essentially, as soon as some theist source promulgates an associated argument/finding, etc...its held up to fight the body of knowledge that contradicts it...and then found to be valueless and unfounded.


In a forum, how can a belief system based upon faith, argue with one based upon logic?

It can't, not effectively at least...other than to simply repeat that you have to have faith to believe it, which IS true.


Atheists are typically used to not being agreed with, but don't require consensus to have their beliefs.

Theists are typically used to being agreed with, and are typically extremely threatened by a lack of consensus. Someone who disagrees with them, seems to be viewed as threatening according to the studies.

This is evidenced by fundamentalist cultures murdering those who do not agree with their religious beliefs, via stoning, burning, hanging, beheading, and so forth.

They do NOT murder those who disagree about whether it will rain or not, or if the fish are probably biting, or even whether a new building should be built with steel or masonry, etc.

It's only about religion. NOTHING ELSE is as threatening to them it seems....as the possibility that they might be wrong.


Last edited by Teej; 10-20-2015 at 01:35 PM.
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:52 PM #6094
TheDukeAnumber1's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,048
Rep Power: 3014
TheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond repute
TheDukeAnumber1 TheDukeAnumber1 is offline
Class 3R Laser
TheDukeAnumber1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,048
Rep Power: 3014
TheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond reputeTheDukeAnumber1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyparagon View Post
Good! That's more than most Christians will admit. Now we're getting somewhere.

NOW... Until we can gauge the complexity, it doesn't work to use occam's razor, since it relies on complexity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyparagon View Post
A supernatural, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent being isn't a simple explanation. Not by a long shot. Such a being would have to be more complex than all of existence.
You seem to have a gauge for God's complexity. So which is it, are you making claims about God's complexity or not?
__________________
“Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence."
http://laserpointerforums.com/donations.htm
“It is impossible that any ill should happen to the man who is beloved of the Lord; the most crushing calamities can only shorten his journey and hasten him to his reward. Ill to him is no ill, but only good in a mysterious form. Losses enrich him, sickness is his medicine, reproach is his honour, death is his gain. No evil in the strict sense of the word can happen to him, for everything is overruled for good. Happy is he who is in such a case. He is secure where others are in peril, he lives where others die.”—Spurgeon
TheDukeAnumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:01 PM #6095
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,296
Rep Power: 174
Teej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond repute
Teej Teej is offline
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,296
Rep Power: 174
Teej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDukeAnumber1 View Post
You seem to have a gauge for God's complexity. So which is it, are you making claims about God's complexity or not?
Its not about the supernatural being itself being complicated, its about the supernatural being creating time for example, and space, and the stuff in it.


IE: We have an infinite amount of space, BECAUSE there can be no border where it ends, there would always be something further outside of that border.

There is always an infinite amount of time, because it cannot HAVE a period before it, or, after it...as that too, is simply borderless for the same reason.

We know we have spacetime, and, that it created photons, electrons and positrons, etc...which are all that's needed to get everything else.


To ADD a supernatural being that existed before there was a time to do so, in a space that didn't exist, so he could "create it", is more complicated than the natural progression of events.



So, its not saying a god would have to be complex. Its saying that adding a god to the natural explanation is complex.

As the context of the conversation was about the creation of the universe (ours and "the"), and the complexity, relative to using Occam's Razor arguments, of god doing it vs natural forces...

...the complexity was relative to which SCENARIO was "simpler".


You say adding gods is simpler, Cyp says adding makes it more complicated.


Also....WHICH god would have done it, etc, further complicates the adding in of supernatural instead of only natural origins, etc. Humanity doesn't agree on WHICH gods exist, and, there are many origin myths to further complicate that process.


For example, YOU believe in a particular origin myth.

You base that belief upon passages in a book that is quoting someone who may never have existed, written down by an entity (The catholic church) that you don't trust.

Its 100% hearsay as to what happened, as, who HEARD god say "and it was good", and so forth?

Afterall, to be clear, no humans were THERE when god would have been creating time and space and light and stuff, etc.

The only written account is in biblical references...and, different religions say it happened differently.

YOU say YOU know the correct gods and myths...others say THEY do. I see no evidence of any of them being correct....and you have obviously rejected all BUT one of the myriad origin myths out there....and, so have they. Y'all have ALL eliminated each other's versions as potentially correct.

I just rejected one MORE than you had.




YOUR source is one you don't even trust enough to be that religion for example.




So, yes, ADDING some supernatural beings to the mix just complicates things.

Last edited by Teej; 10-20-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:42 PM #6096
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,296
Rep Power: 174
Teej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond repute
Teej Teej is offline
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,296
Rep Power: 174
Teej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: LPF's Religion

As for if the god of the Christian faith for example is complicated in of itself, yes.

For example, in the old and new testament, its the same god. No christian claims its a different god.

In the old version, god SAYS he's a "Jealous God".

He COVETS your belief.

He also says that coveting is a sin.


He kills everyone on earth except for a few...then apologizes, gives the survivors a rainbow, promising not to do it again.

IE:: He made a mistake that he now regrets, apologizes, promises not to do it again.

He is on the Jews side, they lose, because the other side had iron chariots...so, iron chariots trump the power of god.

He tells his followers to commit genocide.

He commands them not to kill first though.

And so forth...he is flawed, makes mistakes, admits it, and moves on.


Christians say god is perfect.

If there are examples that show otherwise, they say they don't count...or waffle about working in mysterious ways, blah blah blah.

So we have a god that told men to bash in the heads of babies and rape the woman, and who is loving and compassionate...

...that at least SOUNDS complicated, no?

Maybe he's like Tony Soprano...a good side, and a bad side?




He says to live a good life, but that unless you ALSO BELIEVE that HIS SON is real, he will torture you for all eternity, anyway?

Really?

A force so powerful that it created the universe is SO freakin wrapped up in BELIEF, in it's SON, that it will torture you forever for not believing?

WHY in the world would ANYONE care about if you BELIEVED something or not, for THAT to be what's on the line?


So, god would have to be REALLY complicated, or, or more likely, to not exist except as a belief propagated by the catholic church which DOES 100% depend on your belief, for IT'S EXISTENCE.

It makes for MORE sense for the insane emphasis on belief to be emanating from his eminence's clan, than from a supernatural being, of any type.

As if your EXISTENCE depends on being believed IN, as soon as no one believes in you, you cease to exist.


DO you think GOD would cease to exist under those conditions, or the CHURCH would cease to exist under those conditions?

The one with the most vested interest in your beliefs is the one most likely to do anything to maintain them....such as threatening to torture you, etc.

Last edited by Teej; 10-20-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://laserpointerforums.com/f57/lpf-s-religion-34223.html
Posted By For Type Date
DARPA Continues Human Experiments to Create Military Super Soldiers - Top US World News | Susanne Posel Daily Headlines and Research This thread Refback 08-05-2014 01:49 AM
Def belongs in my future home | Caylin&#39;s | Pinterest This thread Refback 05-19-2014 05:18 PM
Man slays son; claims God told him to | Say What? This thread Refback 06-17-2012 04:35 AM
LPF's Religion - Page 92 - Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Lasers & Laser Pointers This thread Refback 02-29-2012 04:46 AM










Loading








Green Laser Pointers by Category Blue Laser Pointers by Category Red Laser Pointers by Category
Yellow Laser Pointers by Category Violet Laser Pointers by Category Orange Laser Pointers by Category
Top Laser Pointers by Power - 1 Watt+ Top Laser Pointers by Power - 500mW+ Top Laser Pointers by Power - 250mW+
Laser Pointer Database High Power Laser Pointers Laser Pointer Diodes






Privacy Policy | Advertising Disclaimer | Terms of Use


 


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:54 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Privacy Policy | Advertising Disclaimer | Terms of Use
Copyright (C) 2017 Laser Pointer Forums, LLC